The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Walked in to the pro shop on Saturday where my old pro works. I took the season off from lessons, because frankly I was a little burnt out from them. Figured just have a year of fun and doing it the Hogan way. Anyway, it's November 21st, there are roughly 15 cars in the lot. Everyone there is on the course and I go up and purchase 2 large buckets. My old pro looks at me and says "still working on the game even in late November?" That's when I told him about the event and he couldn't believe it. Explaining it to someone withing the golf world who understands just how freaking cool and amazing an opportunity it is going to be, was just awesome. His facial expressions when I was telling him about it were priceless.

That look never gets old! Or the question, 'and this is all legit?' Yea, yea it is 100 percent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walked in to the pro shop on Saturday where my old pro works. I took the season off from lessons, because frankly I was a little burnt out from them. Figured just have a year of fun and doing it the Hogan way. Anyway, it's November 21st, there are roughly 15 cars in the lot. Everyone there is on the course and I go up and purchase 2 large buckets. My old pro looks at me and says "still working on the game even in late November?" That's when I told him about the event and he couldn't believe it. Explaining it to someone withing the golf world who understands just how freaking cool and amazing an opportunity it is going to be, was just awesome. His facial expressions when I was telling him about it were priceless.

Its fun to watch people respond, its usually in two groups...

Group 1: Not really golfers, they give you the, "oh thats cool, but whats the catch?" routine.

Group 2: Golfers or golf savvy, and their minds MELT...then they give you the "oh thats freaking insanely cool, but whats the catch?" routine.

NO FREAKING CATCH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAALL expenses paid, melt your face off with awesome, 14 clubs, swaggy swag swag, badass people, tremendous companies working together, and a course that will literally ruin golf courses for 99% of us for the rst of our freaking lives.

#TheGrandaddy is almost here. TWO EFFING WEEKS! TWO! TWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWO!!!! I cannot stand it I'm so damn excited.

I also need to mention that Colin (Cdpkook) and I got out this Saturday to slap the golf ball around the course and he is yet again 100% another example of what I have been saying about #TeamRedemption just being full of really really solid people...and then ddec too.

Seriously though, great guy, we had a blast with a ton of laughs and it was very much needed with the 30 MPH winds and 41 degree temperature. But, it was empty on the course outside of 5 old men walking and avoiding their wives at all costs presumably, so we just did our thing and messed around the whole time.

I trully 1000% cannot wait to see him after he gets fit. Colin hits the ball solid with the irons and one he's fully fit I really do believe we see his tee game change a ton. But I will say, he's broken my stance on the mini, he definitely needs that thing in his bag for this one. Hits it silly well off the tee.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I heard "What's the catch?", "Don't give them your SS number, it's probably a scam." or "Wait until you get the form for your tax return, that's going to suck.".

ha ha ha

I can't begin to tell you how many times I heard "What's the catch?", "Don't give them your SS number, it's probably a scam." or "Wait until you get the form for your tax return, that's going to suck.".

ha ha ha

The bolded is what my dad couldn't figure out. As an accountant he was absolutely shocked

The bolded is what my dad couldn't figure out. As an accountant he was absolutely shocked

Funny, I got the same!

Just unbelievable people, working for an unbelievably great company, making an extraordinary experience for a group of golfers!

Do you guys just get the chills when you think about where you'll be in two weeks? I do and I'm playing! Very excited for you guys!
How many of Team Redemption gets anxious and doesn't sleep with excitement? If you aren't already there I'm sure you will be as it only draws nearer to your date of departure.

Another question for all the participants: Any specific things you will listen to, watch or read on the way out to help you prepare mentally or just amp yourself up to be ready to compete?

This is going to be a fast week. The holidays are doing a great job of making sure time flies, but next week is going to be so bad haha i have officially started laying out things i will be bringing with me to California. Suitcase is out from the attic. We made the child care plans for while im gone. THIS IS SO FREAKING CLOSE!

How many of Team Redemption gets anxious and doesn't sleep with excitement? If you aren't already there I'm sure you will be as it only draws nearer to your date of departure.

Another question for all the participants: Any specific things you will listen to, watch or read on the way out to help you prepare mentally or just amp yourself up to be ready to compete?
I downloaded Unconscious Putting to my phone and will be reading that. Probably my favorite golf book and has done wonders for me in the past. I could use a refresher

I downloaded Unconscious Putting to my phone and will be reading that. Probably my favorite golf book and has done wonders for me in the past. I could use a refresher

really liked that book. Read it twice. From what I have heard about the Hideaway, a refresher on reading the greens might be needed.

Still sleep like a baby, helps that I literally chase a baby around all day on that front though.

Nah, its still just golf, and golf is fun. Nothing specific on my front.

I can't listen to "Hall of Fame" by The Script and NOT think about The Grandaddy! Ironically, I was mowing off the leaves in my yard, listening to music and that came on....FLOOD of memories!

I don't think anything specifically. I have read unconscious putting, but honestly it is golf. It is something I enjoy. I am working to better myself everyday be that in the gym, putting, chipping, etc...But on the way to San Diego I will probably just listen to music and think about how lucky I am to be representing this community for the SECOND time.. In a once of a lifetime event. I promise I don't take it for granted.

Nope, I sleep soundly every night. I get the feeling as that Friday and Saturday get here though I won't sleep as much. Part of that will be by design as I'm going to try and adapt to West Coast time a couple days early.

Not sure on the reading part. I know I have some articles on my plate that need to get done so I'll be reading those many times. I'm kind of ready. I don't usually do much to get all amped up for something. If an event is good enough, I'll get all jacked up for it naturally.

I think I am going to watch nothing but Chad's Tiny Studio on a loop.

Oh yeah, I will probably read THP a bit on the plane. I like the articles and the forum.
Maybe head over to Callaway's website to read up on some tech talk on products too.

Who is ready to be at ECPC in two weeks. Well, at this very moment you will all probably be trying to convince the bus driver to leave early for ECPC.

Looking forward to having you all here.

Oh yeah, I will probably read THP a bit on the plane. I like the articles and the forum.
Maybe head over to Callaway's website to read up on some tech talk on products too.

There are articles on THP? Learn something new every day.

I'm cheap, so likely no internet being paid for, for me on the flights.

Who is ready to be at ECPC in two weeks. Well, at this very moment you will all probably be trying to convince the bus driver to leave early for ECPC.

Does Habbit Burger serve breakfast? I'll be asking the driver to stop there first. 2 weeks!!!!!!

YES! Insanely excited.

Oh you know I'm excited.. Hope you are ready to see my smiling face

Beyond excited to step on the site where so many great things happen and great clubs are tested and demoed all the way from the Pros to Amateurs like ourselves!

Wow 2 weeks away. The excitement builds! Excited to see everyone's updated WITB photos/updates and watch you guys take down the zoocrew with them!

There are articles on THP? Learn something new every day.

I'm cheap, so likely no internet being paid for, for me on the flights.

If paid for in advance, the Smartphone plan is only $8 a day. That is good for multiple flights on the same day. Worth every penny.

I will probably just rock the Southwest free TV, or binge watch whatever show I am currently on.

Back