leftyrighty

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey just need some quick advice on Callaway outerwear sizing. I don't have anything made by them but am looking to buy a wind jacket. Does their stuff tend to run slim, normal, or a touch large?

Normal for me in the tops and outerwear.
If you need sizing, find a store that carries Perry Ellis and try it on.

I think it runs pretty normal.

I would agree that it runs pretty normal. In my opinion, the sizing is very similar to Nike, with both Callaway and Nike being a touch smaller than Adidas.

For me they seem to run a little small. Normally an Xlarge and its a little snug in the chest and shoulders.

For me they seem to run a little small. Normally an Xlarge and its a little snug in the chest and shoulders.

I think their golf shirts can sometimes run a little slim. Not Euro cut, but definitely a little slim.

I've found their pullovers, pants and shorts generally run true to size.

I would agree on shirts. I wore my normal size at the Morgan Cup and it was bit tighter than I would have liked.

I think this is tough to answer for any OEM's clothing. The wind jacket we were given at the Grandaddy I'd say ran normal size. Then we were given two polos, one of which was a bit roomier than the other--neither of which fit the same as a Callaway golf shirt I bought last year. Even the zoocrew guys were saying that their stuff never fits the same shirt to shirt.

Again, I think this is true of any brand.

I think their golf shirts can sometimes run a little slim. Not Euro cut, but definitely a little slim.

I've found their pullovers, pants and shorts generally run true to size.

Very strange here. Are you guys talking about their 2014 stuff?

Because its truly the exact opposite based on measurements.
The shirts are running close to a half inch larger than Nike and adidas in the shoulders based on my measuring just now and the shorts and pants are close to a half inch smaller.

I actually had to size up in the shorts in the current line to 36 (where a 34 in everything else) and the shirts I am still a large.

We get it, Josh -- you're working out more and carb-free now. :alien:

Joking aside, I've noticed the chest in Callaway's golf shirts only (2013 and 2014) can run a little slim in the chest and shoulders.

It's not right by any stretch. But it's also not baggy like I've seen in other golf shirts from other manufacturers.

For shorts/pants, they seem to run the same for me as other brands. I wear a lot of Izod pants/shorts, and I think they're very consistent size wise. Other brands not as much. (Some bigger some smaller)

We get it, Josh -- you're working out more and carb-free now. :alien:

Joking aside, I've noticed the chest in Callaway's golf shirts only (2013 and 2014) can run a little slim in the chest and shoulders.

It's not right by any stretch. But it's also not baggy like I've seen in other golf shirts from other manufacturers.

For shorts/pants, they seem to run the same for me as other brands. I wear a lot of Izod pants/shorts, and I think they're very consistent size wise. Other brands not as much. (Some bigger some smaller)

If by working out more you mean none at all...Sure. I love that plan.

The shirts are running close to a half inch larger than Nike and adidas in the shoulders based on my measuring just now and the shorts and pants are close to a half inch smaller.

I actually had to size up in the shorts in the current line to 36 (where a 34 in everything else) and the shirts I am still a large.

Exactly what I've found regarding tops and bottoms.

If by working out more you mean none at all...Sure. I love that plan.

Were you and I brothers separated at birth? We seem to have identical tastes in food, beverages and workout regimen.

I bought 2 Callaway shirts early in 14, now I'm not sure if they were part of the 14 line though. Gives me an excuse to pick up a couple new shirts :). But I seemed to remember at the MC this year some of the guys talking about them being a little snug. When I shop Callaway I just go +1 in sizing as a norm. Shoes included.

Last year I tried on a polo and was a bit snug for my taste.

I would agree that it runs pretty normal. In my opinion, the sizing is very similar to Nike, with both Callaway and Nike being a touch smaller than Adidas.
So you think the sizing is a touch smaller than Adidas outerwear?

So you think the sizing is a touch smaller than Adidas outerwear?

It has been for the polos I've had, but I guess it is similar in the couple of windbreakers I have now that I think about those.

It has been for the polos I've had, but I guess it is similar in the couple of windbreakers I have now that I think about those.
Yeah I am not buying polos just a windbreaker. I had ordered a Puma one and it was so tiny in my normal size.

How do you all feel the sizing compares to Puma. I ordered a wind shirt from Puma and it was super tiny in normal size. How does Callaway compare?

Callaway will run slightly larger than Puma IMO but not extremely so.

Callaway will run slightly larger than Puma IMO but not extremely so.

So if a Medium Puma jacket was super tight on me it might be best just to get a Large in Callaway?

Depending on store hours, I'm going to try to get into the outlet store in Ellington today.

I find their shirts run a tad bit large compared to other brands.

I also find their pants/shorts to be a little smaller in the waist. I wear 34" in everything and both of my 34" Callaway Pants are a tad bit small in the waist, but the length is perfect.

Back