Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser Putters - THP Review Thread

Can these be special ordered when available? I really like the #7 but absolutely hate the blue Superstroke grip. I'd like a grip approximately a 3.0 in size in black/white but would prefer not to do it myself and would like it to come from odyssey that way (just a touch of OCD). Can this be done?

Traditionally its been no problem to do that through them, I'd bet this won't be any different.

I'm interested, not in love. But I'm interested.

Will have one of these in hand tomorrow or Friday, and pics up therafter as the review starts.

Really looking forward to this review. I love my current Tank Cruiser #7 and would really like to try a Works model. I'm with some of you guys, I really can't stand the Versa colors. What I like about my current putter is the three distinct target lines, to get close to that I would have to try the V Line version. Which looks fantastic IMO, for some reason it just looks less Versa-y to me.

For those that haven't tried a Tank or Tank Cruiser, definitely check them out. I stumbled across mine at the Grandaddy and its been a revelation to my game since.

FWIW my regular tank cruiser #1W also only says 1 on the bottom.

The underside of the 2 ball fang looks awesome with the larger tank graphic

Just to clarify, the putter is actually a #1 not a #1Wide. We apologize for having the wrong info on the Odyssey website. That has been updated. The putter head is obviously heavier (375g) than a standard Odyssey Works #1 putter. It is also a bit wider than a traditional #1 but is not the #1 wide model.

Hope you guys like the new Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser line.

Dnevs! Thank you for the clarification sir!

So it is little wider though? Love hearing that.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, the putter is actually a #1 not a #1Wide. We apologize for having the wrong info on the Odyssey website. That has been updated. The putter head is obviously heavier (375g) than a standard Odyssey Works #1 putter. It is also a bit wider than a traditional #1 but is not the #1 wide model.

Hope you guys like the new Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser line.
Any chance of a #1W down the pipeline in this line, with a double bend shaft?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Will be adding pics of the 35" V-Line Works Tank Cruiser later this evening! Will make a new post and add to the original.

Will be adding pics of the 35" V-Line Works Tank Cruiser later this evening! Will make a new post and add to the original.

That's my jam right there! Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

These pictures are also being added to the first post, but with the size of the thread I think it merits putting them here as well:

DSC_0325-XL.jpg

DSC_0324-XL.jpg

DSC_0327-XL.jpg

DSC_0326-XL.jpg

DSC_0328-XL.jpg

DSC_0329-XL.jpg

DSC_0330-XL.jpg

DSC_0331-XL.jpg

DSC_0332-XL.jpg

DSC_0333-XL.jpg

DSC_0334-XL.jpg

DSC_0335-XL.jpg

DSC_0336-XL.jpg

DSC_0340-XL.jpg

DSC_0341-XL.jpg

DSC_0342-XL.jpg

DSC_0343-XL.jpg

DSC_0344-XL.jpg

DSC_0345-XL.jpg

DSC_0346-XL.jpg

DSC_0348-XL.jpg

DSC_0349-XL.jpg

DSC_0350-XL.jpg

DSC_0351-XL.jpg

DSC_0352-XL.jpg

Thanks for the head cover pic Jman.

Good grief yes please. I love the tank cruiser vline

Not a mallet guy, but that is sweet looking, I like the look at address!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Love the insert of the Odyssey Works line!
Not sure about the v line though for some reason.
Must say I LOVE the thank on the sole!

I think it would be an awesome idea to come up with a Tank Series that incorporates some Camo.

Was never a Vline fan til those pics went up. Just that little bit of blue did it for me

Naturally, having spent time reviewing last years cruiser V-Line, I automatically put the 20g weights in the head and 30g weight in the grip as soon as picture time was over hahahaha

James is that a 2.0 or 3.0 grip?

I'm a mid mallet guy, but this one is a nice looking club.

Naturally, having spent time reviewing last years cruiser V-Line, I automatically put the 20g weights in the head and 30g weight in the grip as soon as picture time was over hahahaha
Love it. That sole looks awesome with that badass tank on there.

Great pictures there! Love the color scheme. It helps that blue is my favorite color.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

James is that a 2.0 or 3.0 grip?

I'm a mid mallet guy, but this one is a nice looking club.

Its a 2.0 Mike, same as last years Cruiser line. Available on SS's website already I think.

These intrigue me. Didn't really give the OG Tank Cruiser a legit shot, but I could see me moving on a #7 again.

Back