What are you building? (Club style)

Quick question: I bought a 32" putter on eBay and I would like to extend it to 34-35". Is it as easy as using an extension, or is that kind of a pain and re-shafting would be better?

Probably cheaper using an extension. Won't take but a few minutes.

db6e0745448087ecd1e112a1345867e0.jpg

Hoping this is a match made in heaven!!!

Have just picked up a set of 3 used Miura forged wedges from off eBay in the UK, looking forward to giving these a new lease of life

These!

0e7bc435302d05546b85e2535f40048b.jpg

Finally done, Miya White 72 playing 44.75 in the vapor pro, Miya Silver 72 playing 42.75 in the G30 3w, and Miya Silver 83 playing 42.25 in the G30 5w!

Woooooot! Now to be able to golf...

These!

0e7bc435302d05546b85e2535f40048b.jpg

Finally done, Miya White 72 playing 44.75 in the vapor pro, Miya Silver 72 playing 42.75 in the G30 3w, and Miya Silver 83 playing 42.25 in the G30 5w!

Woooooot! Now to be able to golf...
You should work on buying a putter! I heard 50 isn't enough

You should work on buying a putter! I heard 50 isn't enough

I thiiiiiiiiink I'm only at 34 IIRC.

Plenty of room left!

Looking good niteowl and Jman.

Jman do you have any BB shafts lying around?

Looking good niteowl and Jman.

Jman do you have any BB shafts lying around?

Thanks dude, not anymore, I've pulled all the tips and my only other shaft is with MikeG right now. Sorry!

Dude that putter rack is more impressive than most big rack stores.

I grabbed two ATX Blue hybrid shafts, new pulls, for $38 shipped. Nice, huh?
I'll put them in my old 3 and 4 XHot hybos.
I don't have anything against the XHot shaft, really, but now ALL my 'non-irons' can be ATX blue. #OCD
I can say this--The ATX Blue made these XHot (not X2!) hybrids come alive! They were already really damn good, but this shaft puts them in another realm, IMO.
I built them at a matching D4 and unless I get really lazy, they're just rocket launchers. Today, I popped the 3H a solid 230 (slight helper wind) and it was nice and high and landed soft as a butterfly on the green. I was amazed, more that I hit the green than the ball flight, really, but it was purty. The 4h is going 210ish unless I wail on it. Overall, I think it's a 5-10 yard gain over the stock PX shaft.
ATX Blue, I <3 U

Dude that putter rack is more impressive than most big rack stores.

HA! There's some hardware on there! I need another rack at this point, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

I can say this--The ATX Blue made these XHot (not X2!) hybrids come alive! They were already really damn good, but this shaft puts them in another realm, IMO.
I built them at a matching D4 and unless I get really lazy, they're just rocket launchers. Today, I popped the 3H a solid 230 (slight helper wind) and it was nice and high and landed soft as a butterfly on the green. I was amazed, more that I hit the green than the ball flight, really, but it was purty. The 4h is going 210ish unless I wail on it. Overall, I think it's a 5-10 yard gain over the stock PX shaft.
ATX Blue, I <3 U

Nice dude, just sounds like you found "that" shaft setup for you, and there is a LOT of fun in that. NOICE!

HA! There's some hardware on there! I need another rack at this point, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

Aficionado.....sounds sophisticated

Thanks dude, not anymore, I've pulled all the tips and my only other shaft is with MikeG right now. Sorry!

All good mate. Thanks.

I'm going to play Musical adapters on my driver shafts over the holidays.
I'm going to:
Swap the Cobra and Titleist tips on my Kusala White 72S and Kusala White 61X
Swap the Cobra and Titleist tips on my Speeder 7.1 S and Blueboard 63X

I think the swaps will really bring out the best in both heads.

Looking for a little advice...

I mentioned a few days ago that I need to extend a putter about 2-3". Anyway, I removed the grip today after purchasing an extender and a new grip. Once the old grip was removed, I looked in the top of the shaft and found the following:

20141221_203944_zps37b3a78c.jpg

It looks like there is a coiled shaft inside of the putter shaft (making the extender's OD too large to fit inside the shaft). My question is if I were to crimp the extender so it fits inside the putter shaft, do you think I would see any issues moving forward? Would you think there would be enough contact with the extension + glue and the original shaft? If it has any relevance, I am putting on a SS 3.0 grip, so the seam between the shaft and the extender will not likely be felt.

What are you building? (Club style)

Damn, looks like it's been extended before at some point and then cut back down?

Honestly not sure if that would work or not dude, I'm no use here I fear.

Looking for a little advice...

I mentioned a few days ago that I need to extend a putter about 2-3". Anyway, I removed the grip today after purchasing an extender and a new grip. Once the old grip was removed, I looked in the top of the shaft and found the following:

20141221_203944_zps37b3a78c.jpg

It looks like there is a coiled shaft inside of the putter shaft (making the extender's OD too large to fit inside the shaft). My question is if I were to crimp the extender so it fits inside the putter shaft, do you think I would see any issues moving forward? Would you think there would be enough contact with the extension + glue and the original shaft? If it has any relevance, I am putting on a SS 3.0 grip, so the seam between the shaft and the extender will not likely be felt.
Damn that sucks. I would recommend taking some strong shears and cutting the shaft vertically into three parts. Then press one side under another. Should be better than just crimping it.
780fb1820b39dcec3bfcddba8a434b39.jpg

Sorry for the crude drawing

Can you cut a couple of inches off the shaft and then add the extension?

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Can you cut a couple of inches off the shaft and then add the extension?

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

I was thinking about that. I'm gonna try to see if I can find where the inner shaft ends. If it is within a few inches from the top, I may give it a go. I wouldn't think it would have any effect with a long extension on a putter.

I was thinking about that. I'm gonna try to see if I can find where the inner shaft ends. If it is within a few inches from the top, I may give it a go. I wouldn't think it would have any effect with a long extension on a putter.
Nah, I don't think it'll matter one bit.

I'm going to put KBS Tour R+'s hardstepped into my 850 Forged since I can't find a set of DG Pro pulls right now for a price I'm willing to pay.

Getting ready to trim some inches off the shafts of a set of ping eye2 irons for my wife's birthday.

Back