The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cowboys cooking on both sides of the ball. Helluva first half so far.

Allen, dude, drop-a-palooza

Just curious what you Cowboys fans think ultimately would get a worse response in hindsight. Not making the playoffs at say 11-5, or winning the division and losing again in the 1st round (at home).

Just curious what you Cowboys fans think ultimately would get a worse response in hindsight. Not making the playoffs at say 11-5, or winning the division and losing again in the 1st round (at home).

they want to be in the playoffs, period. They'll look over losing playoff games, plus they're used to it in recent years

Not making at 11-5 would be worse.

But that can't happen. 11 wins gets the division and into the playoffs.

So many flags and fights in this Giants/Rams game, Pete Morelli's head is spinning.

WHY would you have Murray in the game right now? Asinine.
Not sure but I'm glad they do cuz it really benefits my fantasy team

WHY would you have Murray in the game right now? Asinine.
Because he needs to help me win my fantasy championship.

What the heck, Buffalo?

You never would've known Indy clinched last week lol

they want to be in the playoffs, period. They'll look over losing playoff games, plus they're used to it in recent years

I know what the team wants...I was really more in terms of media scrutiny and ultimately fans perception 6 months from now. I just think that there are two things you hear about the Cowboy's this century. One, their proclivity to finish at 8-8 and choke in December, which whether they made the playoffs or not this year, they've surpassed...But the other is their lack of playoff victories. Actually overhead this conversation at BWW's today and thought it was kind of interesting the way it was laid out. I actually was thinking that if I was a Cowboys fan and them losing in the first round at home, I'd be more dejected than if they simply lost a tie breaker for the division (which obviously isn't happening now) and be referred to as the 11-5 team that got screwed not making the playoffs because a team with a losing record got in, instead. I think at a minimum they'd get more of a pass by the media.

The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Hope no one was seriously hurt.

Considering most everyone predicted this team to be 8-8 at best this year, this is all just gravy. Winning the division is still crazy for me to think. 2 quarters away.

Considering most everyone predicted this team to be 8-8 at best this year, this is all just gravy. Winning the division is still crazy for me to think. 2 quarters away.

Bunch of this goes to having a healthy Murray I believe.

Wowza, Dallas D, way to go.

Bunch of this goes to having a healthy Murray I believe.

Healthy Murray, killer O line, and rest of team (secondary, etc) staying healthy.

Anybody have Randy Bullock on their fantasy roster today?

I know what the team wants...I was really more in terms of media scrutiny and ultimately fans perception 6 months from now. I just think that there are two things you hear about the Cowboy's this century. One, their proclivity to finish at 8-8 and choke in December, which whether they made the playoffs or not this year, they've surpassed...But the other is their lack of playoff victories. Actually overhead this conversation at BWW's today and thought it was kind of interesting the way it was laid out. I actually was thinking that if I was a Cowboys fan and them losing in the first round at home, I'd be more dejected than if they simply lost a tie breaker for the division (which obviously isn't happening now) and be referred to as the 11-5 team that got screwed not making the playoffs because a team with a losing record got in, instead. I think at a minimum they'd get more of a pass by the media.
I would absolutely agree with that logic if I were a fan of them. At least then you can complain about the system flaw, etc instead of another disappointment. Makes sense

Andre Williams finally gets some space and trucks one of the Rams DBs on his way to 40ish yards.

And then in the next play: "holding, number 65, 10 yards, repeat first down." Three times today, getting sick of hearing that.

Making it look way too damn easy. Wow.

The Giants should put a big pillow in whatever endzone they are trying to defend, because that defense is SOFT.

I kind of like this Odell Beckham Jr. fellow.

I cant believe the starters are still in for Dallas.
THis is when ugly things happen. There is no reason for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back