Justin Rose, 2016 Rio Olympics Gold Medal, WITB

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
For the first time in over a hundred years, Golf has an Olympic Gold Medalist, and here is a look at the bag Justin Rose had in play in Rio...

A whole lot of TaylorMade goodies!

Driver: TaylorMade M2, 8.5* w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei CK White 70TX
3 Wood: TaylorMade m2, 15* w/ Matrix Ozik Black Tie 8M3 X
Irons: TaylorMade PSi Tour, 3i. TaylorMade Tour Preferred MB 4-PW w/ KBS Tour CTaper 130X
Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF, 52*-09, 56*-12 w/ KBS CTaper 130X and 60*-10 with KBS Hi-Rev 135X
Putter: TaylorMade Ghost Monaco Tour Black Prototype
Ball: TaylorMade Tour Preferred X

Slightly surprised to see an M2 in play over the M1 that other TM staffers have stuck with. Interesting to see JR staying with the iron shafts in his 52* and 56* wedges as well.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

The c taper 130x do not sound like a lot of fun to me. I agree on the m2 but it seems to work well for him.

Between DJ, JD and Rose, TaylorMade is having a very very good year.

For the first time in over a hundred years, Golf has an Olympic Gold Medalist, and here is a look at the bag Justin Rose had in play in Rio...

Irons: TaylorMade PSi Tour, 3i. TaylorMade Tour Preferred MB 4-PW w/ KBS Tour CTaper 130X
Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF, 52*-09, 56*-12 w/ KBS CTaper 130X and 60*-10 with KBS Hi-Rev 135X

Slightly surprised to see an M2 in play over the M1 that other TM staffers have stuck with. Interesting to see JR staying with the iron shafts in his 52* and 56* wedges as well.

Makes me think he plays the 60 for more touch shots and around the green and wants a bit more spin, then just plays the 52/56 for full shots? Or something weird like that?

Makes me think he plays the 60 for more touch shots and around the green and wants a bit more spin, then just plays the 52/56 for full shots? Or something weird like that?
Kind of crazy to see that shaft in those wedge, isnt it?

Kind of crazy to see that shaft in those wedge, isnt it?

A little bit yeah, but I thought Rory does or did also play PX 6.5's in his wedges. Maybe the dude puts crazy spin on those and needed that shaft to tone it down lol

135g wedge shaft in his 60. That's strong, and now curiosity makes me want to just swing that to see what that feels like.

I think they have a good mix of players with m2 and m1. Iirc DJ has the m2 as well.

A little bit yeah, but I thought Rory does or did also play PX 6.5's in his wedges. Maybe the dude puts crazy spin on those and needed that shaft to tone it down lol

135g wedge shaft in his 60. That's strong, and now curiosity makes me want to just swing that to see what that feels like.
If anyone could game it, you could...somehow, it would just work for you.

I think they have a good mix of players with m2 and m1. Iirc DJ has the m2 as well.
DJ had the M1 back in the bag for the US Open Win.

If anyone could game it, you could...somehow, it would just work for you.

Probably, just for spite. It would make no sense, it would defy every fitter's recommendation, but then they'd look at numbers and just throw their hands up looking just as confused as I would be when it was perfect.

Justin Rose, 2016 Rio Olympics Gold Medal, WITB

Justin and Henrik are the only folks that got me to tune into the Olympic's well done guys - great match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the 3rd TM staffer that has put the 2014 TP MB irons back in his bag? Wasn't Rose playing all PSi irons before?

Is this the 3rd TM staffer that has put the 2014 TP MB irons back in his bag? Wasn't Rose playing all PSi irons before?
I am fairly certain that Rose has been gaming the TP irons all of this year, so far.

That's interesting.

I thought he went back from the PSi's to the MB's? When Did he switch back to PSi?

I remembered this article (http://www.pgatour.com/news/2015/11/10/big-tuesday-switch-to-cavity-back-clubs.html) from the start of the season and also it being said that DJ switched back to the 2014 TP MB before one of his recent wins.

I thought there was 3rd player but it could have been Rose I was thinking of. 2014 must have been a good year for TM irons.
He may have gamed them at the end of 2015, but since February of 2016 he has had the MBs back in the bag.
That's interesting.

I thought he went back from the PSi's to the MB's? When Did he switch back to PSi?
He is only gaming the 3i of the PSi.

That's interesting.

Rose did switch from the PSi to the MBs, I think probably pretty early in the season according to War Eagle.

Tensei CK White got my attention. Wondering if the entire line (Red/Blue/White) is going to come out with the Tensei technology.

He may have gamed them at the end of 2015, but since February of 2016 he has had the MBs back in the bag.

He is only gaming the 3i of the PSi.

What was DJ gaming before he went back to the MBs?

What was DJ gaming before he went back to the MBs?
In February at the Northern Trust Open, DJ had the PSi irons in the bag. However, in March, he went back to the MBs, which he has kept in the bag.

I am pretty sure there are quite a few who are sticking with M2. I really enjoy the fairway (haven't hit the M1 yet), but find the M1 driver to be superior to the M2 in just about every way.

Either way, he hammers his.

I am pretty sure there are quite a few who are sticking with M2. I really enjoy the fairway (haven't hit the M1 yet), but find the M1 driver to be superior to the M2 in just about every way.

Either way, he hammers his.
True story; M1 is better than the M2. Promise.

I gotta say, going back through his Twitter feed, he really embraced the Olympic experience. Glad he won.

Black tie 8m3 x.... hahaha he's got very stiff shafts all throughout his bag. His swing is so smooth though!

I honestly like seeing all those "X" shafts. Let me give them a swing.

Back