PGA Tour schedule

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
With the Olympics next year the PGA Tour schedule has been switched around alot and it affects the fields for the various tournaments.

Would you like to see the tour change up their schedule every couple years for non majors? Or do you prefer events to be played the same time each year and not have any fluctuation in when an event is held?

Is there an advantage/disadvantage to changing up when non major tournaments are played?

I think golf has such a heritage and history that when changes happen it throws the history buffs into a tisy on how much the records will need to be changed to match, say if a tournament is normally played in one month, and then is moved the next year. I seriously doubt course conditions are that much different, but maybe weather a bit, depending on the region of the country.

I think next year's schedule is too crammed in with the olympics, but it'll be interesting to see who ends up playing and who doesn't, for all countries.

I don't mind some change.

But next year is going to be very interesting with the condensed major schedule due to the olympics. Also our local event Quicken Loans, suffers from the change, as it will be played the week after the US Open and two weeks before the British Open I believe. Talk about a tough draw.

We saw the change this year with the match play moving away from Tucson and to a different month. The players was moved due to weather. Iirc john Deere has changed, Houston open as well. Change isn't a big deal to me for tour events but I know the event coordinator, tournament directors, players all like consistency. I'm intrigued to see what the Olympics affect is on the tournaments.

I'm all for changes in the schedule. It allows the viewers to see the courses at different times in the year and would lend the opportunity for better fields at more events potentially.

Back