Gas Prices: What are you paying?

By broader economy u mean oil companies

No I mean the trickle down effect on refineries, petro chemical, engineering and all of the multitude of industries (housing, banking, department stores, restaurants) that benefit from those in high paying jobs keeping those jobs. It may be fun to rail on big oil but it keeps the economy humming.

I think the benefit of lower gas on the couple hundred million people it impacts directly with lower transportation costs, more disposable income etc will far out weigh the few bucks lost by the "high paying jobs"

Probably something suited for another thread

So what's the magic number for a gallon of gas?

What number makes both consumers and the oil industry happy?

Saw $2.02 on the way in this morning. I'm thinking $1.99 on the way home.

JM

So what's the magic number for a gallon of gas?

What number makes both consumers and the oil industry happy?
I seem to recall something saying the small producers need a barrel to go no lower than 80 a gallon to stay in business.
Not sure what that would equate to retail per gallon price. Guessing 2.25ish.

But at the same time perhaps this is a way to weed out some of the smaller players who helped gouge us for years...all though I certainly would shy away from a monopoly

I think the benefit of lower gas on the couple hundred million people it impacts directly with lower transportation costs, more disposable income etc will far out weigh the few bucks lost by the "high paying jobs"

Probably something suited for another thread

Extra money for Big Mac's doesn't move the needle on the economy, producing high five figure to six figure jobs do, at least that what I was brainwashed into thinking while creating hundreds of those jobs over the past 20 years.

Extra money for Big Mac's doesn't move the needle on the economy, producing high five figure to six figure jobs do, at least that what I was brainwashed into thinking while creating hundreds of those jobs over the past 20 years.
Lol i think it's a little more than that. But seeing where you are from puts more light on the stance you are taking.
We can agree to disagree I don't want to derail the thread anymore

Fair enough

Though where I'm from Is significant - it's a convenient airport and I'll actually make more money if the economy stumbles

Back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Just filled up for $1.99 here in Stow, OH
7af51521b3efa2baf6d37a3f3909b951.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedway - on Fishcreek and Stow road. To top it off, my car battery died when I went to start back up. Good thing my brother lives around the corner!

Saw 2.19$ today.

Ethonal is still 2.98 here... Because...

Speedway - on Fishcreek and Stow road. To top it off, my car battery died when I went to start back up. Good thing my brother lives around the corner!

Stopped there this morning for energy drinks and it was 2.11

Stopped there this morning for energy drinks and it was 2.11

Sounds like they just lowered it then: I saw $1.99 and had to stop.

We are still paying around the $2.30 mark

1.99 this morning, I almost cried

$1.969 in Greenville, SC

c7bb5a0934ca8315aca166c16032f801.jpg

Here in Lake Buena Vista. Don't think these people will sell much gas. Considering its $2.49 at the Hess in Disney.

Thats funny Kevin, there was a place locally on the news cause he was at $2.65 and was getting 0 business

Moved down again yesterday/over night here to $2.08....we're getting closer to that $1.99 mark!

$1.99 on the way into the office.

JM

Still @ $2.12 here but I am certainly not mad.

2.09 at the pump, but had my Kroger card with .60 off per gallon! Paid 1.49 !! Filled up truck for less than $50! Happy Happy Happy.
Bad thing, is here in Tennessee those in power want to bump up the gas tax since gas is coming down!

Filled up with 89 on the way home yesterday for $1.14 a gallon!

Back