THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

For those that have been to a THP event, what is your favorite part? For those that haven't what are you most looking forward to if your name is called in just over a week or so?

Never been to a THP event. All I know is what I have read on the event threads and what I have heard from a couple of the THPers that played in some of the events. Since I live close to RNK, I plan on heading up and meeting everyone so meeting more THPers or seeing the THP van can't be reasons. I guess the thing I am looking forward to is having a chance to represent the DMV and experience firsthand (as a player not a spectator) the excitement of a THP event.

Heard a song and I think it would be a great theme song for the Carolina team.

For those that have been to a THP event, what is your favorite part? For those that haven't what are you most looking forward to if your name is called in just over a week or so?

Its hard to pick one. I've been to three and each was different style. The friendships that are formed during the meet and greet and event. The range at the beginning of the round and watching others hit balls and the banter. The conversations during the round, the encouragement and cheering by playing partners. Each event I have come away with new friends and had some previous friendships become even bigger friendships.

Each event I look forward to the awesomeness that THP brings and enjoying the company of some great community members.

My favorite part is meeting new folks and playing fabulous courses. I'm probably most looking forward to the team atmosphere for regional revivalry. The other events I had a partner but I'm looking forward to the US vs. THEM mindset and the pressure of others relying on me to come through.

My favorite part is meeting new folks and playing fabulous courses. I'm probably most looking forward to the team atmosphere for regional revivalry. The other events I had a partner but I'm looking forward to the US vs. THEM mindset and the pressure of others relying on me to come through.

I agree, being a team of 8 competing together is going to be a great time!

My favorite part is ha going out with the guys. It's honesty like everyone has been friends for years even though you just met. After the last round of Bridgestone U last year a bunch of us had lunch together before we left to catch out flights. Everyone hanging out talking about how much fun we had that weekend was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have only been to one but my favorite part was hanging out together between the rounds of golf. I had a lot of fun with new guys and made some good friends.

I have only been to one but my favorite part was hanging out together between the rounds of golf. I had a lot of fun with new guys and made some good friends.
It helps that you had some great teammates ;) man that was a blast

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I have attended one official event and two informal get togethers. While it was incredible to get the treatment I did at Wilson, meeting their top talent and executive officers, touring their HQ and getting set up with some great gear, the best part of that event and the informal events were the people with whom I was in attendance. Regardless of age, background, or other differences I have enjoyed every minute with those guys on the course or off, and I'm looking forward to the opportunity to do it again.

I have attended one official event and two informal get togethers. While it was incredible to get the treatment I did at Wilson, meeting their top talent and executive officers, touring their HQ and getting set up with some great gear, the best part of that event and the informal events were the people with whom I was in attendance

That event would quite possibly be impossible to pick a best part.

My favorite part is ha going out with the guys. It's honesty like everyone has been friends for years even though you just met. After the last round of Bridgestone U last year a bunch of us had lunch together before we left to catch out flights. Everyone hanging out talking about how much fun we had that weekend was awesome.

That was a great lunch. We had a bunch of fun that weekend.

I was fortunate enough to go the Bridgestone ball introduction down in Florida. Corey and Bridgestone were very kind and hospitable. I got to play a couple of rounds of golf and met some really nice people such as Mr. Burnham who is now on the Carolina team (he was my roommate). I had a great time and would be happy to room with him anytime (don't know if he would say the same)!

We we played very relaxing golf, nothing competitive. I'm hoping to get picked for this team to develop some more relationships with people who love golf as much as I do. The part I'm looking forward to the most is having teammates to root for and try to help win this friendly competition with the boys from the Carolina's. Competitive golf, as long as it's kept in perspective, is a lot of fun to me. This experience would be fantastic!

That event would quite possibly be impossible to pick a best part.

Truth, but hanging out eating deep dish or drinking chocolate cake shakes and talking about the excellence of it all is certainly a contender.

Truth, but hanging out eating deep dish or drinking chocolate cake shakes and talking about the excellence of it all is certainly a contender.

i know of a place with great chocolate cake in Williamsburg...just sayin!

i know of a place with great chocolate cake in Williamsburg...just sayin!

So do I. Hopefully we'll get the opportunity to compare, and save some as consolation prize for the Carolina boys

So do I. Hopefully we'll get the opportunity to compare, and save some as consolation prize for the Carolina boys
I, for one, plan to have my (chocolate) cake (shake), and eat it too.

It's almost sad thinking about how disappointed you DMV guys are gonna be when you lose. At least the ride home will be short.

ETA: That W/S event was beyond words awesome. Even if John couldn't stay awake for some of it ...

After the weekend we'll have roughly a week till we see full teams. Probably will sit down and go through the list, or maybe I'll just say screw it and do the Random Number generator deal.

After the weekend we'll have roughly a week till we see full teams. Probably will sit down and go through the list, or maybe I'll just say screw it and do the Random Number generator deal.

Man don't let it be random, you should make them post pics that look like mug shots and pick the thugs lol. Victory by intimidation

No random, OWN IT Kevin!

I've been to 5 events I believe, and no question - it's hanging out & playing with the other THPers! Haven't had less than a great time yet. When I played Stonewall last year, I was nursing a knee ( got a cortizone shot 3 weeks before ) and strained back muscle. Didn't care - wouldn't have missed that unless I couldn't get out of bed. Think about it - you are playing with like minded people, who if they weren't passionate about this great sport, wouldn't be there. Can honestly say I haven't yet met a THPer I didn't like.

Man don't let it be random, you should make them post pics that look like mug shots and pick the thugs lol. Victory by intimidation

Good idea Trout, based on the bribery I've seen so far, we may show up with 5. Haha

Doing the random thing though is not an option. Although, it ain't easy being greazy.

I really don't envy that task you have Kevin!

Dart board? Tough decisions ahead....

Back