THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

If I don't get in I will go up being that I am only 45 minutes from the course. I will support the guys and even play while up there. I would assume that they will have some open tee times behind the first wave or drive 1 min up the road to Brickshire and play there. Don't think I would attend the dinner though, that seems like it should be for the competitors

Nonsense - as far as I'm concerned, even though I was lucky enough to get in, I want as many NC / DMV forum members as possible ( space allowing of course! ) at dinner. Hard to have more fun then that bro!

Thanks for the props dude, you know I appreciate it.

i have just accepted a promotion at work and will not be able to do the battle in this awesome event, my new position is going to require some serious travel.

with that said, there's not a bad pick in The carolinas as far as I'm concerned, but I do have a couple favorites.

Deuce would be a great pick on passion alone, he's one of those guys that believes in a team and I'd go in to battle with him any day, the other is chetsteadman, new to the forum but very wise on the course and has the skill set to match his wisdom, there are some that are missing that id give a nod to but for some reason Life has pulled them away from the forum, I just hope they're ok.

Marc congrats on the promotion.

As I said last night it is going to be a bummer not having you on the team for this but I know in the end you will always be on Team Carolina even if it wont be on the course.

Nonsense - as far as I'm concerned, even though I was lucky enough to get in, I want as many NC / DMV forum members as possible ( space allowing of course! ) at dinner. Hard to have more fun then that bro!
When did South Carolina get excluded from consideration? :tongue:

Congrats fellas.

Thats a bummer dude. But congrats on the promotion

i have just accepted a promotion at work and will not be able to do the battle in this awesome event, my new position is going to require some serious travel.
WTH!!! That's great news, about the job but horrible news about the event.

On a purely selfish note, I hope some of that serious travel brings you up our way, to get in an occasional round.

I've been looking over the course today, checking out the holes and layout, it's going to be an awesome venue! The finishing holes are going to interesting to say the least!

Yeah... those last 4 or 5 holes are going to put a premium on keeping the ball in play, for sure!

Seeing as how this will be my first THP event, I'm interested to see how it'll all play out.

Honestly, more than anything, I'm looking forward to meeting some great people... but the competition aspect of it all is what excites me the most. I don't like to lose, so I'll just have to make sure I don't have to.

:handshake:

Ok ya'll its down to 3 from each side. The marathon continues. I'm sure there are a few dealing with disappointment, frustration, or maybe a little bitter. The next 13 days are going to show both Ron and I who wants to join our teams. If it's not something you really want let us know. Cause I'm sure there at at least 6 THPers amongst us that want a chance defending their turf, entering the HOF, and earning that awesome MVP trip!

I'm not bitter nor disappointed, just more anxious and determined than ever to make the team. I'm putting in the work here at home to take my game to the next level and honestly I would continue to do so whether on the team or not. I'm looking forward to this and plan to be there with whomever else shows up to play or cheer for team DMV.

with that said, there's not a bad pick in The carolinas as far as I'm concerned, but I do have a couple favorites.

Deuce would be a great pick on passion alone, he's one of those guys that believes in a team and I'd go in to battle with him any day, the other is chetsteadman, new to the forum but very wise on the course and has the skill set to match his wisdom, there are some that are missing that id give a nod to but for some reason Life has pulled them away from the forum, I just hope they're ok.

Not cool brother, but very cool for you on a personal level. I was hopeful that I would get some time with the Trouter. We need to hook up and cut loose a bit. Well as much as a couple old dudes can anyway.

Yeah... those last 4 or 5 holes are going to put a premium on keeping the ball in play, for sure!

Seeing as how this will be my first THP event, I'm interested to see how it'll all play out.

Honestly, more than anything, I'm looking forward to meeting some great people... but the competition aspect of it all is what excites me the most. I don't like to lose, so I'll just have to make sure I don't have to.

:handshake:

I was looking over the course layout today as well. Looks like there are a few holes with some cool risk/reward carry's that people could go for if they needed to make a move. Or you could play of safe and avoid all the trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do those VSGA cards work? They one time use for the discount or do they work more than once?
Depends on the course. Every one is different. Some can be used more than once but there are a lot of exclusions most of the time. Like M-F anytime for $$ or not including weekends or holidays. That type of thing.
I has mine last year and probably used it twice. Haven't renewed yet this year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

There is talk about reach arounds and handy's in another regional thread. I can't hurt! Hahaha.

There is talk about reach arounds and handy's in another regional thread. I can't hurt! Hahaha.

I'm ok with shirtless Kurt Russell, but I'm drawing the line at anything else...

For those of you who don't end up getting in, how many of you plan on going and supporting your team for the range session and dinner afterward?

I plan on going even if I don't get in. Want to see the THP Van and dinner will depend on the arrangements; original thread said it was a possibility depending on numbers.

I may even try to get a tee time right behind the last group and hit into the Carolina players.......just kidding.

Yeah I would think the key on the back k 9 is trying to set up who tees off on what holes. Like on 16 you need a good 265 off the tee just to be inside 190 and it's a dogleg left. Strategic play will be key

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

That is only if you don't cut the corner like you did and have 130 into the hole.

That is only if you don't cut the corner like you did and have 130 into the hole.
Helps to know the hole pretty well. Catch the down slope

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I was looking over the course layout today as well. Looks like there are a few holes with some cool risk/reward carry's that people could go for if they needed to make a move. Or you could play of safe and avoid all the trouble.

Just looking at the holes doesn't really give you a true representation of the hole. You really need to get out there and see the holes and you definitely don't want to miss the fairway; you are basically dead if you do.

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Who the hell wants to have some damn fun?

I'm a work hard play harder kind of guy.

A tip to those trying to game a strategy for this course by looking at yardage books or drawings lol, Don't! Google pics of the course and the next time I'm up there I'll try to get some pics for you guys, it plays much different than it looks in a book.

Who the hell wants to have some damn fun?

I'm a work hard play harder kind of guy.

Some damn fun sounds damn fun to me. I may not be able to play as hard as you but that won't stop me from trying!

Back