How did you meet your Significant Other?

20 years later, we don't do much bar hopping anymore. Life and 3 kids keeps that lifestyle dead. She still takes very good care of me though. I haven't done a load of laundry in about 15 years (I'm not allowed to), She wakes up at the same time as I do and makes me coffee even though she doesn't have to. I will come home from work and the yard will already be mowed, dinner is usually cooked and the house is already clean. She's absolutely perfect. The biggest thing is that I don't tell her where she can go or what she can do, and she doesn't tell me where I can go and what I can do.

I tell all my young friends that the best wife is no wife, but if you have to have one, you want one like mine.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Awesome. I actually can hear the makings of a country song as I was reading your description of her.

We will celebrate 20 years next month. And your last comment about not telling each other they can't do do something is really one of our golden rules.

Hoping for another 20+ years for both of us.

My wife and I kinda grew up together. Growing up I was attracted to everyone but her, mainly all of her friends. She was always mean to me growing up lol. I moved away for college and when I came back in town we started to run into each other everywhere. We ended up going out on a date and have been together ever since.

We met in a bar then again in the grocery store. One of our first dates she took me golfing, I had never played before but her mother played a lot and she grew up playing. I thought it would be boring. We played once or twice a month for 3-4 years, never did I get any good. We had kids and took 25 years off. We started golfing again about 2 years ago. Married 31 years. The secret to a happy marriage is that I never complain when she wants to go out and golf with her friends. When we play together I always try to make her play one tee box up. If we play from the same tees I'm usually embarrassed.

Moving to Indianapolis, I started checking out different groups in the area with similiar interests. Started chatting with Dawn about places to hike in the area, met up for a hike, hit it off and still dating a year later.

Last edited:
We met on the school bus in 1980 but reconnected on Facebook in February :)

My summer job was taking kids on Canoe trips for 5 days at a time in Northern Quebec near Val D'Or.All through the sleep away camp we all went to. My future wife and I met on one of those trips when we were teenagers and have been together ever since. The summer of 2016 will be 25 years we've been together and married for 18. She's my best friend and soul mate.

I met my wife when we were 17 working at a pet store. I picked up the second job to buy more parts for my Trans Am and from the first moment I saw her I had to get to know her. After being friend zoned for a few years I finally broke through and it has been a awesome 7 years.

Last edited:
I arrived at a church home fellowship group meeting after a softball game, at the pastor's house, maybe 20 people there. As I got in, I noticed a woman across the living room that I hadn't seen before - she looked enough like Kate Jackson from Charlie's Angels to be her twin sister. I kept looking over, and realized she was there with another woman that I knew from the church. Afterwards I was among the first to leave, but hung around outside hoping I could meet her, but after about 10 minutes I decided that might be too long and creepy, so I left. The next week at church I talked to the woman I knew and found out 'Kate' was a neighbor of hers who had about 6 months before become separated from her husband.

Another week or so passed and one evening I ran into 'Kate Jackson' at the church, and we struck up a conversation, and hit it off pretty quickly. We had our first date within a week. Just a little less than a year later we were married - that was over 28 years ago. She is the most honest and trustworthy person I have ever known, and my life has been worlds richer since she has been in it.

my wife was a bartender at a place called Augie's Delago. A lakefront bar/restaurant on the West End of New Orleans. I'd stop in in the late evenings and grab a burger and a couple of beers while out riding my motorcycle. The late shifts were dead so we'd chat and play games (sailing playing cards into my helmet) and tell each other dirty jokes. We got to know each other and started dating then moved in together. We've been together 30 years and have been married a bit over 28 years now.

Met my wife over 50 years ago on a blind date. Celebrating
48 years last week. Dam she's patient!!

Marriage and love is so special.. Met her the old fashioned way. Cracking a few jokes and making her smile (my speciality)

Through mutual friends, merely by chance, at a local pub over beer and pizza. Thankfully my wife had had more than a couple brews when I got there as it had to help make me look better!

We actually went to the same university and one of my roommates was one of her best friends. Thankfully, we did not meet in college as she was into school and I was into partying.

We hit 35 years in March.

Met her at work. Fun fact: Originally lied to her about my age and said I was older than what I was lol didn't think she'd go for a young buck at the time!

I was a senior standout athlete and saw a red-headed sophomore walk by through the commons area one day. All things being honest, I loved the view as she was walking away and got up and followed her down the hall introducing myself, which was crazy un characteristic of me. We've been together 12 years and married 7 now, that girl is my everything.

Gonna quote this so you can see how good of a decision it was to get up and talk to her lol now you guys have a beautiful 1 year old

We met on Match.com. Both of us had been through difficult relationships but we also each knew people who had met their future spouses on Match. This coming May we'll celebrate our 9th anniversary. Friends and family say we are made for each other. My wife is amazing. She golfs, loves to cook, and owns hr own business. She was a Bucs season ticket holder and went to the Super Bowl the year they won it all. We each had to go through difficult times to become who we are, but in doing so we became the right person for each other. I'd go through it all again to keep her in my life.

We met at work.

I knew a lady that had the same medical condition as myself, and we were on a forum together ... she posted a picture of her friend ... I was in love, and we have been in love from the first meeting.

At a bar in college...yup, most boring story ever hahaha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Her summer job is in the same building as my work. Asked her number,went on a dinner date that night. By far my best relationship

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Was on a Sunday afternoon Southwest flight connecting through Houston for work. She sat down next to me in the middle seat and I struck up a conversation. We ended up hitting it off and are coming up on our first year together.

My friends all kid that it's the only way I'd ever meet a girl with my travel schedule for work, sure does feel good though.

... I tell all my young friends that the best wife is no wife, but if you have to have one, you want one like mine.

Here I was thinking I've got it sorted... I don't have to have one but I still want one like yours! Bravo or should that be Bravio?

:clapp:

I've known mine for 33 yrs. We were friends/acquaintances in high school. She was a freshman and a friend of my younger sister's, I was a senior. Lost track of each other from 1984-2000. Started hanging out some in 2001 and dating in 2002. Were married in 2004 and haven't looked back.

My secretary's sister works with my wife. My secretary was constantly bugging me about meeting her sister's friend and the sister was constantly bugging my wife about meeting me. As it turned out, both my wife and I agreed to meet if they would agree to stop bugging us. Needless to say, it turned out much differently. On our first date, we went to an up scale restaurant. I ordered a bottle of wine, since I preferred gin, there was about a bit less than half a bottle of wine left when we finished. I mentioned that I hated to see the wine go to waste, when my future bride picked up the bottle and chugged it down, I knew I had met a lady to my liken. We are the classic opposites attracting. The wife is a city girl and I am a country boy. To me, there is nothing I must do today that I can't do tomorrow. The wife thinks everything should have been done yesterday. Its amazing but we've been together for 30 years now.

Now that I think about it, the fact that we lived through that date meant we were to be together. The wife asked the sister what I liked to drink. When she told her gin, she forgot to mention the tonic. So the date started with her giving me a rather tall glass of nothing but gin. Before the evening was over, we were both rather tanked.

Last edited:
We met while working at Dave and Busters in college. Best choice I ever made was asking her if she wanted to grab a bite to eat after our shift. We sat at dinner for four hours after we had ate just talking that night about everything.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We sat at dinner for four hours after we had ate just talking that night about everything.
Wife and I had a six hour lunch on our first date. I passed the phonecall phase (where her sister called about 45 minutes into the date, to give the wife an out if it wasn't going well) ... so I guess I did something right!

Back