Nike pushing for tights on the PGA Tour?

mcrobertsjmac32

Reaction score
Handicap
‎I just read this on Golf.com that Nike revealed it's new clothing for this season. Nike is pushing the tights with shorts look. Apparently Brooks Kopeka and Tony Finau are also pushing for it as well. What do you guys think? Here is the article if anyone wants to read*http://www.golf.com/equipment/nike-golf-tights-coming-pga-tour?platform=hootsuite‎

I know personally I wear tights all the time when I workout or play basketball. They keep my legs warm, and loose, especially now after my major knee surgery in June. What does everyone think about this possible style? I'm not a huge fan of breaking the tradtion of golf clothing, but I know many are and would like to see shorts on the tour. I'll be very curious to see what everyone says. ‎

Freddie had coverage of the unveiling of these tights yesterday.

Nike pushing for tights on the PGA Tour?

No, that just looks terrible. And I'm a person that wears work clothes on the golf course( FR jeans and HiVis shirt)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am down with the tights.

Still on the fence for this one.

I support it. Have a feeling the "pants only" PGA tour won't (for competition days).

I think tights look ridiculous with normal non-athletic shorts, I'd rather them just be allowed to wear shorts.

I think might be OK for some but not all. Time will tell I guess!

looks more like an NBA players outfit than a golfers

Not a fan. I don't see this happening. I see players wearing shorts before tights. And shorts is a stretch at that.

I really can't imagine the PGA Tour or even many private golf course allowing tights under shorts.

The stuffy old guard won't like it, but it doesn't bother me one way or the other. If it helps get more youth involved and helps grow the game i'm all for it. We dealt with the Fowler infusion of style that was too much, this is just another chapter in the book of golf needing to get younger for various reasons and a way to attract the younger crowd.

can't be worse than joggers IMO

No, just no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wear tights when I golf in the winter but they are under my pants where they belong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it gets passed, there will be a small number of people wearing these. They aren't for everyone and nor should they be. That's is what is great about this game. You can now be and wear what you want.

I wear 9-12" boxer jocks every day and if I wear a shorter than normal pair of shorts they come out the bottom a bit.

Love the boxer jocks but can't imagine wearing tights....

The stuffy old guard won't like it, but it doesn't bother me one way or the other. If it helps get more youth involved and helps grow the game i'm all for it. We dealt with the Fowler infusion of style that was too much, this is just another chapter in the book of golf needing to get younger for various reasons and a way to attract the younger crowd.

I think that's the key that the PGA tour, USGA and the PGA need to keep in mind while trying to grow he game. Appeal to the youth and grow from there.

I think that's the key that the PGA tour, USGA and the PGA need to keep in mind while trying to grow he game. Appeal to the youth and grow from there.

Absolutely. IMO it has to be done the right way to preserve the game and make sure the young kids know how to "act" on a course, etc.., but we have to attract them & if this gets more kids at least wanting to try or look at playing golf, I'm all for it.

Hopefully we don't see 100 men at Augusta running around in tights...I'm sure more than a few will have a heart attack.

This look isn't really for me and I don't really know what my stance on it is.

Back