DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you both. It's been awhile since I've played out there. The floods, how packed it gets, the inability to get a decent tee time, and the perceived country club atmosphere of the staff have kept me from considering it for awhile.

Happy to report Grapevine is in good shape and as a 2some was able to play in 3 hours chasing another 2some in front of us. The flood devastation on the Mockingbird 9 is pretty amazing to see and they have been able to get the course back into to pretty good shape. Side note, the clubhouse staff lived up to their reputation of being piss poor...as we arrived 30 minutes early and were made to feel like we were an inconvenience because we didn't fill a gap they had at an earlier tee time. From what I've read in reviews this it pretty typical of their service.

Last edited:
For those of you in north Fort Worth (or that come to this side of DFW), what golf range(s) do you use and why? Think about location, price, amenities, range layout, service, etc... Appreciate the feedback.

For those of you in north Fort Worth (or that come to this side of DFW), what golf range(s) do you use and why? Think about location, price, amenities, range layout, service, etc... Appreciate the feedback.

I would like to assist you but I haven't played any courses in your area.
The Ft Worth/Tarrant country courses I've played have either been central FTW or south.

Any of you gentlemen playing this weekend?

Meadowbrook (30/820 in Fort Worth)
9AM
Sunday, 2/14

4 spots, who wants in with DJ & I?

1) Cookie
2) dj
3) J
4) open

Last edited:
9AM
Sunday, 2/14

My buddy J will be joining us again. Gotta get revenge from that last time. We are still talking about that ace he almost got.

My buddy J will be joining us again. Gotta get revenge from that last time. We are still talking about that ace he almost got.

We all thought that was dropping. Looking forward to it!

Let me know if I need to bring a spare cart again.

We all thought that was dropping. Looking forward to it!

Let me know if I need to bring a spare cart again.

He purchased a stand bag from the pro shop after we played, but if you don't mind could you bring it just in case. Thanks in advance

Looking forward to seeing which Texans take the plunge and signup for some AZ golf in The Gauntlet.

http://bit.ly/1QtVMI4

Looking forward to seeing which Texans take the plunge and signup for some AZ golf in The Gauntlet.

http://bit.ly/1QtVMI4

Thought about it as I would love to play out that way....but I'm all in on #TheCup and there is no way I can do both.

Thought about it as I would love to play out that way....but I'm all in on #TheCup and there is no way I can do both.

I figured that much. Hope we see some of the huge Tx contingent though. Tx to AZ flights are crazy cheap.

I figured that much. Hope we see some of the huge Tx contingent though. Tx to AZ flights are crazy cheap.

Without question, easy flight and less than $400 for a crazy fun event on amazing courses. And then the #ZooCrew always raising the fun level.

Without question, easy flight and less than $400 for a crazy fun event on amazing courses. And then the #ZooCrew always raising the fun level.

I think many are just super busy because we even put stuff in the backyard with zero cost...and, well, I'm a bit confused...haha.

Have a great weekend guys, see you in a couple of weeks.

I think many are just super busy because we even put stuff in the backyard with zero cost...and, well, I'm a bit confused...haha.

Have a great weekend guys, see you in a couple of weeks.

I hear ya.....extremely disappointing from my point of view but I can't complain if THP isn't bringing opportunities to Texas each year, based on what we see now.

Just glad I'm willing and able to travel, I'll get my fix in.

I hear ya.....extremely disappointing from my point of view but I can't complain if THP isn't bringing opportunities to Texas each year, based on what we see now.

Just glad I'm willing and able to travel, I'll get my fix in.
Damn right you'll travel.

#WileyVeteran
#VegasBeyotch

9AM
Sunday, 2/14

1) Cookie
2) dj
3) J
4) open

Do you have a 4th on this yet?