Mike Dean has finally been validated

Boom!!

Had to bump this thread.

Seems to be a pivotal factor in picking sides for the Legacy.

Chutting will not be forced upon on my team, but will be embraced with open arms.

And if you are looking for validation of this technique look up a few posts, some guy named Arnold Palmer agrees

My buddy Ed Aguirre from Scottsdale, AZ aka "CHUT-Meister"...

He would CHUT from anywhere around the green and through the thickest of rough. He would grab a wedge if he had to go over a bunker, but I would often see him contemplating a CHUT even then.

I had a huge chutt to win a hole at #theKing this year.

Chutt? That's what people do that can't use a wedge...just saying lol Hi Mike

Had to bump this thread.

Chutting will not be forced upon on my team, but will be embraced with open arms.

And if you are looking for validation of this technique look up a few posts, some guy named Arnold Palmer agrees

If I remember correctly, Arnold Palmer lost more tournaments than he won. Need to consider that in my evaluation.

My buddy Ed Aguirre from Scottsdale, AZ aka "CHUT-Meister"...

He would CHUT from anywhere around the green and through the thickest of rough. He would grab a wedge if he had to go over a bunker, but I would often see him contemplating a CHUT even then.
I've seen MD441 chut from a waste area and over a cart path and left with 1 putt. It bottled my mind

Had to bump this thread.

I think I saw Ricky Fowler wearing a flat brim with 441 on it! Who taught him to chutt from the bunker? Butch or Mike?

JM

1.459 youtube views in 2+ years HAHAHA

I still can't chutt worth a crap and every time I try and mess up I swear at mike dean. Maybe if he was my captain for something ;) he could give me some lessons on how to do it properly

Long live the chutt!

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

Had to bump this thread.

I know a guy who chutted in on 18 at #TheGrandaddy....

If I have to write my #THPLegacy with a chut, so be it.

If I have to write my #THPLegacy with a chut, so be it.

Say it aint so Joe, I've seen many attempt it only never to return to normalcy afterwards.

Say it aint so Joe, I've seen many attempt it only never to return to normalcy afterwards.
Well, since I don't think I've ever been described as "normal", I'm probably in the clear.

Alright so I couldn't get behind the putting from a bunker video, but if the initial video of this thread is also considered a chutt, then I'm all for it. You see a lot of pros do it actually. It might be an older way of thinking, but Arnold Palmer and my Granddad seem to be fans of it. He taught me from a young age that if you are close enough to putt, do it. If that's a chutt, then I have chutted a few times in my days. With pretty good results too.

I still believe chutting is something that should only happen after a bad night of Mexican food

I believe the current US Open champion chutted his way to victory.

Those who can't chip, chutt. Those who can chip, chip. It's a beautiful thing, and I don't feel like I have to wash my hands after a good chip.

Chutters.. pft..

Those who can't chip, chutt. Those who can chip, chip. It's a beautiful thing, and I don't feel like I have to wash my hands after a good chip.

Chutters.. pft..

I've yet to really see how chutting can seriously offer better control than a wedge through the rough. It just seems like a hit and hope for the best.

Also of note: it's not chutting if you're just putting through the fringe. That's frutting, and frutting is not chutting.

I've yet to really see how chutting can seriously offer better control than a wedge through the rough. It just seems like a hit and hope for the best.

Also of note: it's not chutting if you're just putting through the fringe. That's frutting, and frutting is not chutting.
Frutting is putting from the fairway. Long distance and I'm not entirely opposed to it... also far more reasonable.

Chutting from the rough is absolutely hit and hope for the best. But for some it's much better than chipping.

1.459 youtube views in 2+ years HAHAHA

6 of those were me. I don't much like youtube instruction but before an important round I like to get a refresher on my technique.

Great thread revival. Long live the Chutt!!!

I definitely got better with the wedges this year (doesnt take much since Im awful).

most of my chutting was done playing with THPERS as more of a way to get laughs than anything.

I'll definitely continue to work on my wedge game, but always nice to know on those off days I have an extra weapon in the arsenal

Frutting is putting from the fairway. Long distance and I'm not entirely opposed to it... also far more reasonable.

Chutting from the rough is absolutely hit and hope for the best. But for some it's much better than chipping.

Maybe I'm blurred on the lines of chutting. I'm 100% for frutting in that description. What would be putting from the fringe? Wouldn't that really just be putting? If chutting is putting from deeper rough around the green then I'm not sure....I'm getting so confused. I don't like to live by all these set rules, if I want to use a putter I use a putter! That said if the ball is sitting completely in rough or longer grass around the greens...I will use a wedge.

Back