Its sad when a lot of it can be prevented with a little filling and top dressing or re sodding every few years. I dislike it but its part of the game. If it is just really bad tee marker placement and my fellow competitors agree we will move them. Eight times out of 10 its some kid mowing the tee box who moves the markers back a foot or two and sticks them in rather than finding a good spot for them.

Usually I find them at places with tiny tee decks - and I avoid those places for that reason.

There's a tee box at my teams home course in Missouri that is shaped like a bowl and slightly forward. It really gets on my nerves. There's a tree hanging over the left side of the tee box, and there is red stake the hole right side of the hole beginning at 200 yards out. There's tons of room to the left. So the natural thinking is to hit a fade starting at the left side of the fairway and to have it fall right (for a righty) into the fairway... except the bowl shape sets you up for a draw on the right side of the tee box. So I end up double crossing most of the time and blasting it into the left rough. Rarely do I ever hit that fairway!

Another pet peeve of mine is long grass on the tee box. I actually carry extra 3" tees in a small pocket just in case I run into a poorly groomed tee box.

Uneven tee boxes are a deal killer for me. I always figure if they can't keep them level, what else aren't they doing?
i will avoid a course once I know the tee boxes are shoddy.

The 2 munis that I am a member of have horrible tee boxes, every configuration you can think of except level. I am somewhat used to it but that certainly doesn't mean I like it. I feel that the tee boxes should be level for the golfer to have the best chance possible to start the hole off with a good shot.

Hole #10 on what I would consider one of my favorite local tracks has a tee box humped like its an indian burial mound. It always gets in my head before teeing off, but it seldom has a negative effect on my ball flight. Go figure. I still hate it!

This is the biggest pet peeve I have with my Thursday night league course. It's almost as though whoever sets the tee markers deliberately look for the most uneven portion of the tee box. I try to find the flattest spot management within two clublengths (yeah right) then grip and rip and pray to god.

I hate them!!!! Not as much as an un-level green but it's up there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My home course only has two down sides...it's not 5 mins away, and crooked tee boxes. The 36-holes are most likely to be the best condition courses in the country, but the tee boxes do not hold up to the rest. They are worn out, and uneven. Sure, not all of them, but pretty much 9 holes on the other course and 6 on the other.

It all starts and ends with the superintendent provided he gets the budget and support from Management. I stopped by my course today for the first time since my knee replacement surgery on November 10 just to say hello and wish everyone a Happy New Year. I was talking to the GM and she told me they have hired a new superintendent who has been there about 4 weeks. The changes from his predecessor are impressive. On the driving range, which just had target flagsticks, he has created greens around each one. The tee/pin setups previously were no fun. Tees were always on the same tee box and if the tee was up the pin was back; tee back pin front; tee middle pin middle. Now the new guy is even moving tees around to different tee boxes adding to the fun and creating different challenges. Having read this thread I asked the GM about our uneven tee boxes and she said it is on his list!

Common occurrence here in this area. It's a bit of a pet peeve, yes. So I try to find a flat spot or just deal with it.

Yes, it's a pet peeve. We all complain about it, but nothing will ever be done about it. One tee box in particular at my home course there simply is no flat spot, the whole thing slopes east to west. I pull a lot of shots on that hole (since the ball is above my feet).

~Rock

I HATE poor condition tee boxes! Man you should see me on the golf course when that happens, i think i get more mad about that than a 15ft three putt....well maybe not that mad but I do get mad. We pay all this money to play, and even the public courses are not cheap to play every week, I expect the tee boxes and greens to at least be well kept.

I am fairly lucky that all 5 my county courses have tee boxes (with only a few holes of exceptions) that are pretty level or at least level enough.

What gets me in trouble are the ones that are lined up on angles not consistent with the hole layout of which then results in many (including me) to have alignment problems. The funny thing is its usually when I hit (contact wise) one of my better drives yet unfortunately in not quite the right direction :D

Back