Foam Rollers... Ahhhh yes!

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been hurting in my right hip area for over 2 months now. Couldn't figure it out for the life of me. My chiropractor didn't have any advice really except that I needed to stretch. That didn't help and it was pretty painful. Well tonight I decided to roll out on my foam roller in the dark since my wife is sleeping. I was rolling out my glutes and hamstrings and went to turn over to work on my quads I slipped and I hit my right hip on the roller. Omg was that sore....so what did I do? I rolled out that area and the pain sucked rocks. But 5 minutes later it was like everything was fixed. A fricken miracle by accident. Why didn't I think of it before?! I'll thank my wife in the morning. More work will be done with that roller from now on!! Awesome.

Anyone else out there use them? Any unique exercises or things I should know about?

I have never tried one and wondered what they do and if they work. Glad you got it rolled out. Keep us posted I might get one for my back if you have success with it.

Foam rollers are legit and can definitely help get the knots out. Another good option to check out is 'the stick'.

Foam rollers are legit. Helps when I'm sore, or tight. I try to use it as much as possible

I absolutely swear by foam rollers. They hurt like a son of a in the moment, but the relief after is incredible

I'm more of a lacrosse ball guy myself. There's a couple of spots, especially through my shoulders, that I can't get deep enough with a foam roller.

Foam rollers are fantastic, MWard turned me on to them in Florida one year and now I use it several times a week.

always have wanted to try this but could never decide on which one to go with.

Any suggestions on a quality roller that will last for awhile?

I swear by them. Use a foam roller everyday for my back. It is amazing how it can loosen things up.

Never tried one but I will now! Thanks for the heads up!!

Have never tried a foam roller and I don't understand why I have not. The rave reviews on them are crazy. Need to give in and get one.

I use one every day stretching out when I'm done lifting at the gym. They really help with the soreness in my back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am with everyone else foam rollers are amazing. Like others said they hurt like hell when using them, but after you feel amazing. They are miracle workers.

I picked one up from Amazon, don't remember the price but it was cheap. I've had it a few years now and it's as good as new still.

Never heard or seen these. Interesting! I'll have to go check it out.

I second the lacrosse ball. Put it in a sock, throw it over your shoulder, then push it against the wall moving to the tight spots in the back/shoulders. Hurts so good and feels so relaxed after.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I've never tried one of these but if they are cheap I think I'll give it a go. Long work days are catching up to me and neck,back,hip pain is becoming all to common.

I have one, use it before every soccer match to loosen up the hips, hamstrings and back. Sometimes after the game as well. I was a bit skeptical at first, but they really help, my body is a lot less sore now.

I have never tried one and wondered what they do and if they work. Glad you got it rolled out. Keep us posted I might get one for my back if you have success with it.
I've used one for a while on my back and legs. Just never occurred to me to use it on my hips. I actually use it on my neck as well. I'm sure there are tons of exercises out there on the web to check out too.

My wife swears by em. She's a personal trainer and certified athletic trainer and uses foam rollers in both fields. She bought one for home and whenever I'm feeling tight I'll use it and it works wonders.

Never tried but my buddy swears by them for his post hockey use... May have to consider this. Will run it by my Chiro and see what she says.

Sounds like I found something I need to check into, anyone have a good recommendation on one to use on the back?

Absolutely love and hate foam rollers. I use one about 4 times a week to help with aching muscles and really helps get the knots out. They do hurt and really get into areas that are going to be painful. But like others have said, it feels amazing afterwards.

Do about a 5 min roll out every night before bed. It is amazing what these can do for you.

For a really good foam roller workout, this is one I found which is used by Justin Thomas:
https://youtu.be/kqpGw3Fw5TU

My wife swears by em. She's a personal trainer and certified athletic trainer and uses foam rollers in both fields. She bought one for home and whenever I'm feeling tight I'll use it and it works wonders.
Does she recommend a certain one? or are they all pretty much the same?

Back