Favorite Course Played in 2015

Pinehurst #2. I thought I wouldn't like the course and was playing it to mark it off my list. Really loved the challenge of those turtle back greens and am looking forward to playing it again. Some seriously intimidating chip shots around the track. A lot of fun to picture how to best play the chip. Failed miserably at times but also pulled off some incredibly shots too!

Lake of Isles North Course. It was a guys day, pouring rain but a gorgeous course and a really fun round at a private course.

I really enjoyed Barefoot in Myrtle Beach this year ...

Favorite course this year was probably White Oak Plantation in Yulee, FL. It is only 9 holes but multiple tee boxes arrangements to offer 27 holes. Halfway house with unlimited drinks (alcohol and non alc available) included. Played a Ryder Cup event and was in impeccable condition.

Pinehurst #2. I thought I wouldn't like the course and was playing it to mark it off my list. Really loved the challenge of those turtle back greens and am looking forward to playing it again. Some seriously intimidating chip shots around the track. A lot of fun to picture how to best play the chip. Failed miserably at times but also pulled off some incredibly shots too!
I agree barry, buffalo ridge is still the most beautiful course I have ever played but I still put Pinehurst number in top spot as it is number 2. And playing it with 4 of my best THP buddies made it even better

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I have to also give a nod to dormie club

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I have a love affair with the Bandon courses. It was awesome playing the great TPC Las Vegas course again. And Gold Mountain outside of Tacoma for the unofficial PNW gathering REALLY impressed me. But there is one course that stands above the rest for me this year: Buffalo Ridge near Branson, MO. I'd play that course every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Absolutely loved that course, just awesome. (Apologies to Neb for hijacking his photo)
2a057a24727082ba4339d177b39d565d.jpg
I have to agree. I was lucky enough to play most of the top courses on my own personal all time list this year and Buffalo Ridge stands alone at the top.

I was in Shenzhen for business and played the Singh Course and Nicklaus (World Cup Course) at Mission Hills, the Nicklause course was a blast, most fun on the course in 2015.

For me, the highlight of the year has been Arcadia Bluffs. Great track with great friends. A time I'll never forget

Played that a few years ago. Great place.

Mine this year are Firestone South and The Country Club of Vermont

Pursell farms/Farm Links. Me and a buddy decided we wanted to play a course that actually had nice grass and unburnt greens.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Inn of the Mountain Gods in Ruidoso, NM. It's just so incredibly beautiful AND incredibly hard!

Olde Stonewall for me. THP event and my practice round yielded my best score of the year.

The Home course of the Green Bay Packers, Thornberry Creek. It's not a 5 star course by any means but I really enjoyed the course for the Fox Valley area. It's 20 minutes from my house so ill get out there again. I usually make a trip somewhere with buddies or take customers out, but didn't do that this year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am an East coaster and made a trip out to the PNW, loved the golf there. Even the city course in West Seattle was top notch. But Druids Glen in Seattle was amazing, amazing track, course was kept in beautiful condition, not too busy. Everything you could want from a course plus an amazing view of Mt. Rainier, a few holes are so close it looks like you could hit your drive into it.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I am an East coaster and made a trip out to the PNW, loved the golf there. Even the city course in West Seattle was top notch. But Druids Glen in Seattle was amazing, amazing track, course was kept in beautiful condition, not too busy. Everything you could want from a course plus an amazing view of Mt. Rainier, a few holes are so close it looks like you could hit your drive into it.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Last time I played that track was over 2 years ago, and yeah it's a beauty. Tough course, lots of water. You're right though, views of Rainier around every turn!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Caledonia by far. Just love playing there. Add in THPers and it's even better.

Old Stonewall was solid too. But that was more about the event and people.

Playing with THPers makes every course a little bit better

When visiting the Grand Strand, Caledonia is definitely a must play. When I was there one time, there were four apparently retired gentlemen sitting on the club house porch watching people hit their supposed second shots over the lake. It seems they were placing bets on which player would hit their shot closest to the pin. Unfortunately, some poor guy put his shot in the middle of the lake. When the guys were leaving the green, one of the retired gentlemen yelled to the poor player--fellow you cost me double hitting that ball in the lake. The guy just looked at him like he had two heads and walked away.

Raven at Three Peaks, Silverthorn, CO

the-raven.jpg

Olde Stonewall in Pittsburgh for sure. Had a great 2 days there with great company.....

Wow....looking back I had an amazing 2015!

1) Torrey Pines (North)
2) Hazeltine National Golf Club
3) LaCosta Resort and Spa

For me it was SilverRock in Palm Springs this last Spring. It was the 16th annual Brews and Birdies Tour for a bunch of friends and I.
We pick somewhere to go every year and play 5 days of golf. It's always 18 on Wednesday, 36 on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, then 18 on Sunday before everyone flies home. We played 6 different courses this year and SilverRock was my favorite. Who would not love to play here ?

4134.jpg

Its hard to match getting to TPC Southwind in Memphis twice this year.

Amazing course.

I'd have to say Longaberger for the Cure event. (And the first 7 holes of Olde Stonewall were fantastic too - too bad I didn't get any farther).
I'd love to try Longaberger when it's not cart path only - but it was a beautiful course!

Best nearby course was Boulder Creek

Atlantic Golf Club in Bridgehampton Ny. The place is insane

Back