Bushnell Tour X Rangefinder Review Thread

My friend bought one and is hving trouble getting the slope to work.. Any suggetions or advise would be appreciated...

My friend bought one and is hving trouble getting the slope to work.. Any suggetions or advise would be appreciated...
Not to be funny, but does he have the red piece on the front.

For me the slope measurement appears when I depress the measurement button after its locked in. I don't know if that's just coincidence/timing, but that is how it's seemed to me.

For me the slope measurement appears when I depress the measurement button after its locked in. I don't know if that's just coincidence/timing, but that is how it's seemed to me.
That's how it works for me

Yes. Hold it down, once locked in to distance, release and the slope number comes up.

I played with one during my round on Saturday. There is a lot of positives to this unit. It locks in on the target very quickly, sits in the hand nicely, and on a gloomy day just switch to red numbers and could read it perfectly.

Last night at the range I finished up just as the sun had set and the lights were just coming on. It was fairly dark, to the point following golf balls were difficult. I grabbed the TourX to see how it worked. I was pleasantly surprised by how well I could still pick our flags and objects. The 6x magnification helped a ton. However I had to turn down (dim) the digital readout. Cause it essentially washed out the viewing area. So for those that enjoy twilight golf this device is ready.

Thanks for the great reviews. I am in the market so I appreciate the feedback.

Some of the guys have brought it up already but I'm going to point it out again. The elastic band located on top of the case that helps close the case is so practical. I'll clip the case on my bag, leave the case unzipped and use the band on top to open and close the case. It's so secure that there is no worries of it opening up by accident and the unit falling out while not in use. Something small but so very useful.

Some of the guys have brought it up already but I'm going to point it out again. The elastic band located on top of the case that helps close the case is so practical. I'll clip the case on my bag, leave the case unzipped and use the band on top to open and close the case. It's so secure that there is no worries of it opening up by accident and the unit falling out while not in use. Something small but so very useful.
I should start doing this, 8n dread of leaving on the seat.

The Tour V3 had the same strap. And it's awesome.

Lots of confidence with this rangefinder. I don't know how to really elaborate on that. But I know that I will have the exact information I need to pick the right club going into a green.

Confidence is the right word blu. I think the slope measurement has a lot to do with that for me. I had a long second shot into a par r the other day, with a pretty big increase in elevation - trusted the distance on the display, and the pitch mark was right next to the pin. That's kind of the tricky thing about reviewing this device - my experience has really largely been "it just does everything well". While the Tour X carries a premium price tag, it delivers what you expect from a device at the top end of pricing.

Played a round in the early morning as the sun was coming up and I found the red display was really helpful with the sun in my eyes.

Played 36 today. Confidence as others have said is quite high. It's to the point now for me I trust myself with it enough to give yardages to others. Which is huge because normally I would just hand the device to whom ever and let them get their own yardage.

Played a couple courses where the slope was benificial. Now if it would just tell me wind direction and speed as it relates to club selection haha

That is interesting T2G because I know you have tried other devices like this and struggled.

This one really picks up the pin better than just about any device I have used to date.

Played 36 today. Confidence as others have said is quite high. It's to the point now for me I trust myself with it enough to give yardages to others. Which is huge because normally I would just hand the device to whom ever and let them get their own yardage.

Played a couple courses where the slope was benificial. Now if it would just tell me wind direction and speed as it relates to club selection haha

I think I'm going to look at trade I value on my v3 jolt to off set the cost. All the reviews have been great and has me intrigued for sure.

I think I'm going to look at trade I value on my v3 jolt to off set the cost. All the reviews have been great and has me intrigued for sure.
I didnt know places did this?
Liked what i saw when i tried this one and the feedback has been great here as well

That is interesting T2G because I know you have tried other devices like this and struggled.

This one really picks up the pin better than just about any device I have used to date.

I'm not sure if it's the jolt technology alone or if it's the total package. The Speed of this thing is a huge factor cause it helps that I don't have fight the shakes while it's doing its thing. In the time it used to take me to get a yardage, and it was a suspicious number at best. With the Tour X I shoot it and then can confirm it and be pulling a club.

I'm not sure if it's the jolt technology alone or if it's the total package. The Speed of this thing is a huge factor cause it helps that I don't have fight the shakes while it's doing its thing. In the time it used to take me to get a yardage, and it was a suspicious number at best. With the Tour X I shoot it and then can confirm it and be pulling a club.

Yeah to me I love the Jolt feature, but the speed and locking ability separate it for me

I didnt know places did this?
Liked what i saw when i tried this one and the feedback has been great here as well

I'm pretty sure Bushnell has a trade in program, but I'll check with Fupresti as I'm pretty sure he was going to trade his V3 Jolt in before I bought it from him.

Still kicking myself over not pulling the trigger on one of these for 30% off, no chance I ever see that deal again and I still want this so bad.

Back