PGA Show Booth Materials

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
So as I know nothing about expos, booths, etc. Where do all the large materials come from? Are there companies out there where that's all they do? Also, once the show is done, what happens to all the stuff? I understand the signage, posters, etc. But what about the larger stage style pieces?

So as I know nothing about expos, booths, etc. Where do all the large materials come from? Are there companies out there where that's all they do? Also, once the show is done, what happens to all the stuff? I understand the signage, posters, etc. But what about the larger stage style pieces?

Tadashi can answer this best, but they all work with a company who helps with the materials and set up. It's super expensive and very labor intensive. Some of these booths have been a week+ in the making to build and a year in the design process.

That is an incredible process. I feel like i've seen some time lapse videos of these larger booths..

About how many greens are In the building, that would be pretty neat to know .Seems like they would be quite a few .

I would LOVE to make some of these booths signage as wall paper in my Man Cave! lol

It's crazy the work and design effort that goes into putting these on.

Is Orlando crazy like Chicago where you can't even plug in a power strip without a union electrician doing it for you?

What's really surreal is going to the expo for the booth building companies.

Tadashi can answer this best, but they all work with a company who helps with the materials and set up. It's super expensive and very labor intensive. Some of these booths have been a week+ in the making to build and a year in the design process.
I was hoping he would chime in, it's just such a production and the end product looks amazing!
I think Icey needs a giant banner that he can cover half his house with.
My wife might have something to say about that, but I could be talked into it!

Awesome the design behind these booths and the vision to pull them off!

The trade show industry is huge. There are companies that specialize in designing and building eye catching displays. Very competitive.

Honestly cannot believe he hasnt won one yet... #twittercontestgod

Depends on the company. I helped setup the TP Mills booth one year and they had made all their own stuff and transported it themselves. We carried all the stuff from the truck to the booth. It is definitely a union thing and if you don't treat the people right, your stuff will be the last one they move.

When I worked for a manufacturer, we sent our ideas to Skyline or someone similar and they built the back drops in sections then shipped to either us or the convention center. Depending on how the unions were in that area, we either put up the back drop and set the equipment.

The large pieces are usually handled by a company like Freeman or the unions. They also took them down and shipped back to our shop.

Tear down was just the reverse. It's a long process whether we put it up or sat around and watched them do it.

The back drops, we would put up at the shop a few days before they shipped just to make sure we had all the set screws and pieces.

It is definitely a union thing and if you don't treat the people right, your stuff will be the last one they move.

I have been known to hand a guy a torn in half $100 bill and told them they could have the other half if I got moved out early. Always worked.

Is Orlando crazy like Chicago where you can't even plug in a power strip without a union electrician doing it for you?
Hey man. Chicago now lets you load and unload your own material from your vehicle and allows ladders so it's not as bad:bananadance:. I still think you need a laborer to operate a hammer.

Back