Bridgestone J15 Cavity Back Irons

The J15 CBs arrived yesterday so I had to get out and put in some time with them on the range today. Holy cow, these are every bit as fun to hit as the demo from the Test Drive program. Straight, accurate, incredible feel and the sound is absolutely perfect!

The only one in the set that I didn't love so much was the 5 iron, but that is totally me and not the club. I'm also interested to see how the heavier S300 shaft impacts my yardages (if at all) since I've been playing a lighter graphite shaft in my Srixons. I should be able to get in 18 holes this weekend. Pretty anxious to see how they perform for me on the course.

Nice. Those are some good looking sticks. Will be interested to,near your thoughts after you get them on the course.

After trying some C-taper lights at the store with very similar iron heads to these, I'm very intrigued to throw some in these and see how it goes. They felt incredibly good.

Although these look similar to the Titleist CB, are these more forgiving than the Titleist? Are they more on par with the AP2?

(I'm not necessarily looking for forgiveness. I'm just trying to get a sense of these irons as no shop around here carries them.)

Although these look similar to the Titleist CB, are these more forgiving than the Titleist? Are they more on par with the AP2?

(I'm not necessarily looking for forgiveness. I'm just trying to get a sense of these irons as no shop around here carries them.)

More than the Titleist CB's, probably a tad less than the AP2 IMO. They are the most forgiving CB iron out there from my experience.

After messing around with the J15 CB/DG Pro combo I've decided the shaft is on the heavy side for me. Dispersion and overall performance was good but I'm losing a little bit of club head speed and, subsequently, distance. So, I decided to move to the Steelfiber i95 shafts in these heads. The shafts should be here by the end of the week and I'll get them in and out on the course next week for a test drive. Very excited to give this combo a workout!!

As much as I enjoy the 122g shafts, I tried out the 110 C-taper lights, and they felt so smooth. really thinking about switching into those if I can get a deal and figure out how to do my own club building haha.

As much as I enjoy the 122g shafts, I tried out the 110 C-taper lights, and they felt so smooth. really thinking about switching into those if I can get a deal and figure out how to do my own club building haha.

CTL are some great shafts. They are on my ponder list for KBS if I don't do PX or pxi in my next set.

Just ordered a set of cb's in 4-pw. Stayed with stock shaft of DG pro in stiff flex. These are the same shafts that I am coming from in the vapor pro combo. Expected delivery is a couple weeks and hopefully be able to hit some real balls outside before winter shows up.

Just ordered a set of cb's in 4-pw. Stayed with stock shaft of DG pro in stiff flex. These are the same shafts that I am coming from in the vapor pro combo. Expected delivery is a couple weeks and hopefully be able to hit some real balls outside before winter shows up.
What took you so long?

What took you so long?

Haha those vapor pro combos treated me well Doug! I'm looking forward to these and now I can be just like my bald buddy from Denver!

I hope you have plenty of time before winter shows up because these are flat out amazing clubs.

These were the best looking and feeling irons I tried this year. For my skill level I knew I needed a little more forgiveness though.

Last edited:
Still my primary set of irons. Paired with the Tour V shafts, my best numbers are right around the following;

Launch Angle: 18 degrees
Ball Speed: 123 mph
Spin Rates: 6,100
Swing Speed: 92 mph
Carry Distance: 175 yards

I don't know what it is about this profile with the shaft pairing, but it is definitely working well for me. I find it interesting that my spin rates are less than tour average (although that makes me feel good), even though I am launching the ball higher.

Either way, it's going to take a heck of an iron to knock the J15's out.

Still my primary set of irons. Paired with the Tour V shafts, my best numbers are right around the following;

I don't know what it is about this profile with the shaft pairing, but it is definitely working well for me. I find it interesting that my spin rates are less than tour average (although that makes me feel good), even though I am launching the ball higher.

that your 7i?

that your 7i?

Thought I had it in there. Yes, that's my 7 iron. Pretty much on par with my XR Pro 7 iron with Tour V X in them. Obviously the miss is better for the XR Pro, but the control seems to be easier to accomplish with the J15 and obviously the more compact look suits my eye a fair bit more.

Thought I had it in there. Yes, that's my 7 iron. Pretty much on par with my XR Pro 7 iron with Tour V X in them. Obviously the miss is better for the XR Pro, but the control seems to be easier to accomplish with the J15 and obviously the more compact look suits my eye a fair bit more.

great numbers there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SO yesterday I joined the J15 CB camp. I was gaming the J15 DF for the whole season and went to Vegas this weekend and was able to test some other irons from THPers. While on the range I hit 4 different 9i all for a good 10 shots and rotating through the clubs. Now the other clubs not a single person on here would ever think would be any good for me based on shafts and I was in the same mindset. The four 9i tested were:

J15 DF with CTL reg flex 1* upright

CF16 with recoil 110 F4

J15 CB with ctaper 120 stiff 2* flat

PXG 0311t with program F15 x flex 2*flat

The results were not as expected and joked around about trying to swing rebar a little. My swing was solid for me overall and both the J15 CB and PXG were a club longer than my DFs and CF16....was shocked to see that. I proceeded to hit the J15 CB a few more times on the course and saw the same thing no matter what iron I picked up. I couldn't resist results like that plus the CBs feel sooo good. Now a lot of this might be the shafts but I also like shiny and new and I found a great deal on a new set of CBs. So J15 CB 4-pw with KBS Tour 120 stiff 2* flat will be my setup for this season and I can't wait!!

Nice pickup Gregg! I love the feel of the CB's I may look to find a set as well, might have to combo though as I'm not sure I clue game the 6 iron down.

Those are solid numbers, Dan. The CBs are solidly in my bag and have no plans to replace them. Even not playing much, iron play remains strong.

SO yesterday I joined the J15 CB camp. I was gaming the J15 DF for the whole season and went to Vegas this weekend and was able to test some other irons from THPers. While on the range I hit 4 different 9i all for a good 10 shots and rotating through the clubs. Now the other clubs not a single person on here would ever think would be any good for me based on shafts and I was in the same mindset. The four 9i tested were:

J15 DF with CTL reg flex 1* upright

CF16 with recoil 110 F4

J15 CB with ctaper 120 stiff 2* flat

PXG 0311t with program F15 x flex 2*flat

The results were not as expected and joked around about trying to swing rebar a little. My swing was solid for me overall and both the J15 CB and PXG were a club longer than my DFs and CF16....was shocked to see that. I proceeded to hit the J15 CB a few more times on the course and saw the same thing no matter what iron I picked up. I couldn't resist results like that plus the CBs feel sooo good. Now a lot of this might be the shafts but I also like shiny and new and I found a great deal on a new set of CBs. So J15 CB 4-pw with KBS Tour 120 stiff 2* flat will be my setup for this season and I can't wait!!
Welcome to the multitude of smiles yet to come. Looks, feel, and can perform so well! Going to take something special to even get me to ponder other irons.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I recently picked up a set of the J15 CB with Nippon Pro Modus 120X (my preferred shaft). I've only taken them out for a few hours on the course where I work for some practice, and my initial impressions are very good. I currently play the Apex Pros with Modus 120X or 714 AP2s with C-Taper S+.

The J15s are buttery soft; much softer than the Apex Pros or the AP2s. Distance seemed comparable between the three sets, but I felt like turf interaction was better with the J15s. Ball flight was on par with my Apex Pros, as was distance.

I will be getting out for more comparison over the next couple of weeks when weather permits.

I recently picked up a set of the J15 CB with Nippon Pro Modus 120X (my preferred shaft). I've only taken them out for a few hours on the course where I work for some practice, but my initial impressions are very good. I currently play the Apex Pros with Modus 120X or 714 AP2s with C-Taper S+.

The J15s are buttery soft; much softer than the Apex Pros or the AP2s. Distance seemed comparable between the three sets, but I felt like turf interaction was better with the J15s. I will be getting out for more comparison over the next couple of weeks when weather permits.

Looking forward to your feedback. Off topic, you would like this right near you.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...C-MD-VA-vs-Carolinas-Sponsored-By-True-Temper

I recently picked up a set of the J15 CB with Nippon Pro Modus 120X (my preferred shaft). I've only taken them out for a few hours on the course where I work for some practice, and my initial impressions are very good. I currently play the Apex Pros with Modus 120X or 714 AP2s with C-Taper S+.

The J15s are buttery soft; much softer than the Apex Pros or the AP2s. Distance seemed comparable between the three sets, but I felt like turf interaction was better with the J15s. Ball flight was on par with my Apex Pros, as was distance.

I will be getting out for more comparison over the next couple of weeks when weather permits.

I've had much of the same experience that you've had Ram-Rod. The distance I generate with the J15 is on par with a majority of the irons out there, and whether that's a combination of shaft pairing + head spin or what, I'm not arguing with it.

Can't wait to hear more about how the modus work for you paired with probably my favourite iron set of all time.

Bumping these because a buddy let me try these today with TI x100 and I'm still wiping the drool off! Still one of the best looking irons on the market!

Back