New video game "The Golf Club"

Got this from steam onto my new laptop .. Was excited at first , but quickly learned these types of games aren't meant for a laptop . I have to play on the lowest graphic resolution In order to make it even close to playable . Game looks cool in YouTube videos , but my lap top can't handle it . Kinda stinks , was excited about this one .. After research , I found upgrading graphics on a lap top is almost impossible ( for my toshiba ) . What I have is what i have

Too bad

I don't play very often, but I got back on and played a few rounds in the last week, and I have to say that the performance seems nicely improved, and that the new official courses are way nicer than the early ones they released. Really enjoying it again.

There is apparently a tournament starting tomorrow on a snow themed official course.

I believe I saw that the PC version of this was way discounted (~$13) on Steam right now.

I don't play very often, but I got back on and played a few rounds in the last week, and I have to say that the performance seems nicely improved, and that the new official courses are way nicer than the early ones they released. Really enjoying it again.

There is apparently a tournament starting tomorrow on a snow themed official course.

I think I paid $25 last night . I have a Radeon graphics card in lap top , but maybe this is for a desktop computer ?

I think I paid $25 last night . I have a Radeon graphics card in lap top , but maybe this is for a desktop computer ?

You're right, there was a special 12 hour sale at one point that took it down to $13.99, but it is $24.49 right now.

Reckon its a good thing I just bought a PS4 today!

Not at all. Some laptops have more than enough capability to run this

Must not be mine ; which is disappointing . Looked like a cool game

Their website lists the minimum specs I believe. Something pretty important to look at before investing in a game for a PC because of how demanding they can bs

Yep , I'm old school . I figured a lap top not even a year old can play anything . Too bad , this game looks so so so so good . Well , maybe Santa will get me a Xbox one next Christmas and I can buy it for that system . ?

I learned that a game that has Xbox / Play station style graphics will not play on my laptop efficiently .

wish computers were as simple as the game console

I will have this game when I get home from vacation. The wife may wonder why I'm spending so much time in the basement.

Downloading it now for Playstation 4!

If anyone is lookin for someone to play with on the PS4.. add me. PaStOrCaStOr69

Hey guys, hows it going? Been playing this game for a month or so now... great game, like the way its more of a simulator than the usual arcadey TW series... CajunBowHunter... how you finding it? i'll add you but i'm based in London UK so time difference may be an issue! (i'm Gonzothegreat_)

Hell I think I've gotten about 5 more courses out since anyone posted here last. Working on another now with 3 outlines in the pipe.

Played a few of your courses. I like them. They are better than my creations by far! Been working on my home course slowly for about 2 months, hopefully will release it soon. Hard to find a good balance on the holes. But playing this for months, and knowing what I like/enjoy sure helps in the creator.
This game still rocks!

Played a few of your courses. I like them. They are better than my creations by far! Been working on my home course slowly for about 2 months, hopefully will release it soon. Hard to find a good balance on the holes. But playing this for months, and knowing what I like/enjoy sure helps in the creator.
This game still rocks!
I've got some that are far better than others. Sometimes I get pissed because I spend a ton of time on one and it just doesn't come together so I just publish it. Not a great plan, I know.

I've been working on a "Palmetto 18" based on the Gauntlet courses we played. I picked my favorite 18 holes, split about equally, and using the books we got and overhead views on Google, to make everything as 'same' as I can. May take a while.

Played this game again last night, for the first time in a few months. It's pretty frustrating that you can't change the settings for ease of play or reduced wind, and I think that's a big reason why I stepped away from it in the first place. That in mind, it's still a fun game, and I need to get back into the building as there are new locations to create.

I've started playing this again, mostly because I'm in a golfing mood. Since it's initial launch, it runs considerably smoother, mostly in reduced load times.

Now to just get back to the course I had started designing.

~Rock

Yeah it has changed a lot, lots of updates, including Stableford games and the handicap system... they are always working on patches and updates which is good. Bit of a breath of fresh air from the TW series (which I cannot deny were good fun to play!). Anyone on PS4 fancies adding me, feel free to do so... Gonzothegreat23_

This game still rocks!
Man, you played Mystic Mountain, which blows. LOL Try Rolling Meadows or that other "Fall" one. I forget the names of them all right now.

I really need to find a way to get better at adding contours to fairways/rough and around greens.

I really need to find a way to get better at adding contours to fairways/rough and around greens.
Depending on the type of terrain, ridge or flowing 'dip', I'll either use that really long, super skinny brush, or one of the big square multi-step brushes blown up real big. Set it to flatten and only go in like .25 increments. It seems to put enough of a bump or ridge in the terrain so it's just not a flat and boring landscape.

Oh, and that one square one with a cutout in the middle of it that is supposed to create a sloping effect off both sides of the cutout? Play with that one because once you really figure out how it works, it's great.

I downloaded this game the other day. I have to say, from a gameplay perspective, it's probably my least favorite golf video game ever, next to some browser based game I played online once. I can't wait for EA to come out with something better. I haven't used the course design feature, but playing a round of golf on this isn't very fun. Stupid little things happen, like a ball rolls into a bunker, up the bank and rolls back down, but you have a fried egg lie. Chipping is extremely awkward, and putting is a crap shoot.

I downloaded this game the other day. I have to say, from a gameplay perspective, it's probably my least favorite golf video game ever, next to some browser based game I played online once. I can't wait for EA to come out with something better. I haven't used the course design feature, but playing a round of golf on this isn't very fun. Stupid little things happen, like a ball rolls into a bunker, up the bank and rolls back down, but you have a fried egg lie. Chipping is extremely awkward, and putting is a crap shoot.
I agree with the bunker sentiment but I think most of the game plays how it should. The putting is very difficult to produce a straight line, but I don't fault the game mechanics over it being difficult.

If the ball flies into a bunker, it will be a punch-out...you won't go anywhere. If it bounces in, just club up twice (more into wind) and hit it. 90% of the time, it works perfectly fine, but yeah, flying in is an egg for sure.

Back