Mizuno Blue

Reaction score
Handicap
Bandit
Why are left-handed putters always cheaper to buy than right-handed?

I think I might try putting left-handed even though I'm right-handed, I know quite a few people that do this very successfully, do you, or have you tried it?

There's less demand for left-handed clubs. That drives prices down.

I've tried putting left handed and while I can generally get the weight of the putt right, the direction is way off compared to my normal right handed stroke. I have to say this and don't be offended but seriously, wanting to change to putting LH to save some $$$ seems ridiculous.

To my knowledge, it takes the same amount of effort to make both types of putters. I've not seen a cheaper left handed putter when compared to its right handed counter part. I'll have to keep and eye out.

To my knowledge, it takes the same amount of effort to make both types of putters. I've not seen a cheaper left handed putter when compared to its right handed counter part. I'll have to keep and eye out.

Neither have I. And I'm a lefty :)

I so wish this was the case. All my LH equipment cost just as much as the RH stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a lefty, the only thing I know for sure is that it's usually much, much tougher to find LH clubs in American stores. Even if they do have them they are usually the same price as righty so I'm not sure where the OP is looking.

To address the original question, I see RH clubs on sale all of the time and I've never once considered switching sides based on this fact :)

It never used to bother me one bit being a left handed golfer. Then along came THP and I learned about Bridgestone and Srixon clubs that I can't hit. Anyhoo, what I see as a lefty is similar prices but lack of options.

If you've got a lead on cheap LH putters I'd love to know about it. I've always seen them costing the same or more. :shrug:

For those saying they are the same price, well their not over here, they might be when brand new, or very slightly cheaper but once second-hand the difference in price scale for a like-for-like age and condition second-hand putter is considerable, maybe because there is less of a targeted audience the price doesn't hold as well in L/H second-hand golf goods overall?

Anyway, how many of you golfing lefties are actually right-handed in your normal daily life?

Looking at a typical putting stroke and it being a pendulum movement, there isn't really any dominance, or there shouldn't be from a stronger arm, hand or body, so, putting left-handed when physically right-handed in our daily life, should be a breeze, shouldn't it :confused2:

I think there's some cases where LH clubs can be found cheaper than righty clubs - either on places that adjust prices based on demand like Amazon (there have been some insane deals on iron sets lately there and the lefties were usually cheaper), or on the clearance or used rack. But new, in the store or custom fit I've never seen a difference.

The only time I find deals on LH equipment is on the clearance rack and on sites like CPO when it has a "lefty clearance sale" and offers 40% off all left handed equipment. I use to play right and sometimes wish I had stuck with it as the amount of options available in LH clubs is limited (i.e. you get to choose from one bounce on the wedge and you will like it!). Furthermore, demo clubs is pretty much not an option so I ended up buying sight unseen, trying it and hoping it is what I want.

Over here, I've seen a lot of instances where new LH equipment is actually a lot more expensive than RH. As a lefty you pretty much have nowhere to go, as a lot of shops don't even sell them, so the ones that do sell them, want top dollar. I've never seen a LH club being cheaper than a RH one.

Neither have I. And I'm a lefty :)
I agree with this. Being a lefty, I rarely see anything cheaper, just harder to find.

Back