BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Sitting at about 170* internal and I like to go to right at 200* for the perfect tenderness. I would say another hour.

In my smoker I start fat side down for 1.5hrs and then flip with both brisket and pork butt. I also trim the fat cap just a little befor cooking so its not soo thick and keep it on even when pulling the pork. Smokin meat is soo much fun and as long as you dont dry it out or over smoke it you cant go wrong with whatever method you choose

Almost done
8f5f487f6a848d36877a1aa55ee8840b.jpg

Man is this good.

3fdce8264d4586faadff1381f70c7329.jpg

Looks awesome JB.

Just put my brisket on. I can't wait till tomorrow.

BBQ & Smoking Food Thread

BBQ & Smoking Food Thread

Fork turn method In addition to 200? I sometime find my setup has a hard time getting to 200 and I have to cave..

Looks fantastic.

Round 3 is 2 smoked chickens, then i will be done :)
b40979270a315e596d7a24396edbfd5a.jpg

f1104dce7813c5a4950215f77a00bafe.jpg

Finished smoked chicken

My brisket has abou another 1/2 hour then it's going in the coler for about 2 hours.

My my wife was awesome and got me a weber wireless thermometer for Christmas and made putting the meat on last night so much more worry free. Woke up at 5:30 and instead of going out to check on it I just looked at the thermometer next to my bed and then went back to sleep.

My brisket has abou another 1/2 hour then it's going in the coler for about 2 hours.

My my wife was awesome and got me a weber wireless thermometer for Christmas and made putting the meat on last night so much more worry free. Woke up at 5:30 and instead of going out to check on it I just looked at the thermometer next to my bed and then went back to sleep.

We use one as well. They are great.

Smoked some Hawaii style Stcky ribs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 2
Smoked some Hawaii style Stcky ribs

imagejpeg

Pics not working but sounds fantastic. Everything in this thread looks delicious. I just put a turkey on for Christmas dinner Now we sit back open gifts and wait.
I use a thermometer where I can set the temp and an alarm goes off when it's done. Works great for me.

Pics not working but sounds fantastic. Everything in this thread looks delicious. I just put a turkey on for Christmas dinner Now we sit back open gifts and wait.
I use a thermometer where I can set the temp and an alarm goes off when it's done. Works great for me.
Just uploaded pic

Gorgeous looking

Just popped a beer can chicken in the smoker. A little rub on the chicken, and Sam Adams White Christmas in the can. Using Orange wood for smoke.

Just popped a beer can chicken in the smoker. A little rub on the chicken, and Sam Adams White Christmas in the can. Using Orange wood for smoke.

Nice Barry. We will need pictures later. Love a good beer can chicken.

Nice Barry. We will need pictures later. Love a good beer can chicken.

Here's a pic of the chicken in the smoker. The backside of the chicken is toward the window and I don't bother putting rub there since there is no meat there. I'll take another pic when I pull it.

IMAG1149_zpszk9qsx8n.jpg

Have had the chicken cooking at 225 for about 2.5 hours now. Only up to 159 degrees when checking temp of the bird and he needs to get to 170. I've upped the temp on the smoker to 235 and figure another 30 minutes ought to get him done. Its a bigger bird, 10lbs, and the outside temp is cool tonight so probably explains the slower cooking time. It usually takes about 2 to 2.5 hours for beer can chicken but this is the biggest bird I've done this way.

Have ran into a dreaded stall. This chicken was not getting over 165. I've pulled it off the smoker and now have it in the oven to try to finish him off for the last 15 minutes. Its 36 degrees out tonight and I think the lower temps were a challenge for the little heating element in my electric smoker.

Just smoked a Turkey today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 3
Back