Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

Great reviews guys! It's got me contemplating these for the future. Great looking iron too. The slots on the topline don't bother me at all. Challenge will be finding somewhere to hit them.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hey 441! How about some side by side shots of the C200 to the 545 please

Love the reviews so far - great job guys. These irons looks really nice and the performance appears to be legit. Great stuff.

Not sure if I missed it, but was there any talk of price point when these hit the market?

Really intrigued by these, and that is even with a set of irons in my bag that I haven't swung yet.

Great reviews fellas! I'll have mine up end of day Sunday. I still gotta unpacking my PC from moving in to my new house just before #StaffProto event so I can clean up the photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if I missed it, but was there any talk of price point when these hit the market?

Really intrigued by these, and that is even with a set of irons in my bag that I haven't swung yet.

$799.99

Their website already has them listed for sale. Good price too

You'll see this at your local Golfsmiths later this month. Demos as well

Yes!!!!! Exactly what I was hoping to hear. Can't wait to demo them.

Wow. Can't believe the prices on these irons. I thought they were gonna be much more expensive.

Their website already has them listed for sale. Good price too

Gotcha. Definitely a very reasonable MSRP on them!

Looks like a great set of irons, and love the reviews so far!
Never thought I would be interested in a set of Wilson Staffs, but this is exciting!

That's an amazing price point

Just curious if those of you fitted for the graphite shaft normally hit steel shafts? I've always been dead set on steel. Just curious if this new graphite shaft changed any minds?

So much cool new stuff on the W/S website this morning. So...many...ponders...

Also forgot to ask, who at W/S came up with the idea & how did they decide on placement, shape, size & number of the power holes?

In regards to number, I think it was partly by putting the design through the paces in the real world. They said they designed and built dozens of iterations of these irons after coming up with the concept. Enough to give them the flex, but not enough to push the face past it's structural limit. They talked about having larger holes and way less support and getting insane distances but after a few impacts the face couldn't handle the pressures generated. They eventually settled on nine around the perimeter. I specifically asked about durability and they said their prototypes of this specific iteration have gone through thousands of impacts with nary a problem. They have the tech dialed in.

Last edited:
Just curious if those of you fitted for the graphite shaft normally hit steel shafts? I've always been dead set on steel. Just curious if this new graphite shaft changed any minds?

My brother Robman7 had probably used steel in 5 of 6 sets he has had.

Now hes graphite with these and wont be turning back. He hit both steel and graphite during his fitting but he enjoyed the smooth feel of the graphite and he had a tighter dispersion with them as well

Great info so far, such a great looking set, the visible tech is a great touch!

Only played steel before this set. When Duffy asked if I wanted to try the graphite I jumped on the chance. I love it. When I have people try these, they're blown away that these are graphite. Aldila has a winner on their hands, and W/S is the first to market with these!

Great reviews, would love to give these a try, especially with the Rogue graphite shafts.

Just was able to get through this thread and you guys are killing it.

I'm very disappointed that I have two guys within minutes from me that are playing these and I've yet to hit a ball off them.

Love the design and look of these. What I've seen from these they are legit!!!

Since the gap wedge is at 48 degrees are people carrying an extra wedge?

Since the gap wedge is at 48 degrees are people carrying an extra wedge?
Not me...already had a 53* and 57* just used the GW to replace my rtx 2.0 49*

I wish they had some higher degree wedges. I'm weird in that I like my wedges the same as my irons

They're a very interesting look, that's for sure. This isn't really tech you can hide, and the world has shown it isn't bothered by visible tech on their irons.

I'm really interested to give these a hit. Anything that makes 4 and 5 irons easier to hit is a winner in my book.

Back