Best Course In Your Area?

And just like Bandon, its freaking in the middle of nowhere and overpriced...haha
i have still yet to hear a bad thing about the place

And just like Bandon, its freaking in the middle of nowhere and overpriced...haha
Way easier to get to than bandon though. Within an hour and a half of two major airports. Still not in a tourist area obviously.

Worth the drive though, but I'm definitely not paying winter prices.

Streamsong Blue and Red courses for me.

c2449ca81067e153e39b7a0815c0d7f3.jpg

I still need to get over there and play. What is it from Brandon? About 30mins? Have you played both courses? Favorite?

I still need to get over there and play. What is it from Brandon? About 30mins? Have you played both courses? Favorite?
45 or so, love them both. Blue Is more forgiving off the tee but the greens are brutal. Red is a bit more traditional, but has more dramatic visuals.

45 or so, love them both. Blue Is more forgiving off the tee but the greens are brutal. Red is a bit more traditional, but has more dramatic visuals.

45 isn't bad. I heard they offer a FL resident rate in the off season that drops the price considerably.

45 isn't bad. I heard they offer a FL resident rate in the off season that drops the price considerably.
Yep, still not cheap but doable. If you don't mind walking in the heat it's not that bad.

Yep, still not cheap but doable. If you don't mind walking in the heat it's not that bad.
K

i think I heard you can play 18 for full price and at the next 18 at high price. I had a couple of friends go over and play the 36 for 150 plus tip for your caddie.

Pete Dye in French Lick (I hear, I haven't played):

frenchlick_large_10.jpg

K

i think I heard you can play 18 for full price and at the next 18 at high price. I had a couple of friends go over and play the 36 for 150 plus tip for your caddie.

That isn't bad for 36 holes but 36 in the Florida heat walking is a long day.

Streamsong Blue and Red courses for me.

c2449ca81067e153e39b7a0815c0d7f3.jpg

I really want to play those courses some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a few good ones. If I had to pick one it would be The Golf Club of Houston (formerly Redstone).

If you are on a budget and want a good course I would go with The Tradition at Cypresswood. They hold, or used to, the Monday qualifier for the SHO. They always have it in great shape and greens rolling true.

Bethpage Black or Red.

Probably Augusta Pines or the Golf Club of Houston.

Private would be Carlton Woods-Fazio. I will play that course one of these days.

Probably Augusta Pines or the Golf Club of Houston.

Private would be Carlton Woods-Fazio. I will play that course one of these days.

I forget about Augusta Pines. Haven't been there in a while, I remember it being in great shape.

I'm working on Carlton Woods :)

I've not had the chance to play all of the " nicest " courses in my area, but it would be hard to beat Seviervile golf club around Knoxville .

This is a tough one for me. Lot's of decent courses in my area. If I went full Chicago-land, lots of options, but I'll narrow it down to much closer to me. Just down the street (literally) is Thunderhawk - a course built on and managed by the country forest preserve. A RTJ2 design.

I think Troon North Pinnacle is the best public desert golf course in the state, much less in the area...

Which Troon course did we play (I think it was Pinnacle)? Whichever one it was, I loved the course layout. Definitely going to play that one, again.

... Next closest would be Bear's Best in Suwanee...

Played Bear's Best several times when my brother lived in Suwanee. Really enjoyable course.

i haven't played here yet but it's definitely one of the best.

Let's make a point of making that happen this year. It's a bit pricey but worth it one time a year.

Let's make a point of making that happen this year. It's a bit pricey but worth it one time a year.
Come play pinehurst number 2 with ron and I in march :)

Georgia Club, UGA Course, & of course Lane Creek :bomb:

From my first year here in Indianapolis I have to say that Prairie View is the best public course in area.

Back