Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Irons Preview

Based on the deep channel behind the face, I expect them to generate more ball speed & be more forgiving on shots on the bottom grooves.

This is the without a doubt the W/S iron set I'm most interested in this year.

Must be something wrong with my eyes because I have to admit that I'm not a fan of these at all. Cavity looks too busy, and picture from address just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Hopefully those that do enjoy these hit them well.

The back side looks a bit busier than necessary to me. While I think that could be better, we don't really look at that part of the iron at address so it's not that big of a deal. I think the rest of the package looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Same profiles as the M3? What shaft does it comes with?

I've read rumors of Dynalite Gold XP but haven't been able to confirm yet, I'm sure THP will have full details soon.

Based on the deep channel behind the face, I expect them to generate more ball speed & be more forgiving on shots on the bottom grooves.

That would be a fair assumption.

These look phenomenal. Looking forward to the feedback on these.

I'm really interested in the progression from the M3's. I know that many people said the M3's were significantly shorter distance wise to many comparable iron sets. Looking to see how these perform there. I know these aren't distance irons but hopefully a few yards are gained in the move to the F5's, while keeping the feel you'd expect with these.

Shorter? The M3's have conventional lofting. When I played them they were similar to other like lofted iron sets.

These look phenomenal. Looking forward to the feedback on these.

I'm really interested in the progression from the M3's. I know that many people said the M3's were significantly shorter distance wise to many comparable iron sets. Looking to see how these perform there. I know these aren't distance irons but hopefully a few yards are gained in the move to the F5's, while keeping the feel you'd expect with these.

I had no distance issues with the M3s and was seeing similar distance to the z545 and gained some distance when I had the rip95 shafts in them.

I had no distance issues with the M3s and was seeing similar distance to the z545 and gained some distance when I had the rip95 shafts in them.

When did all this happen?

When I had the chance to hit the M3, V4, and 100 7 irons all in the same session I found my best shots to be in a roughly 10 yard circle, distance wise. The m3 was a little shorter for me in the trial, but misses hurt less.

Last edited:
The back side looks a bit busier than necessary to me. While I think that could be better, we don't really look at that part of the iron at address so it's not that big of a deal. I think the rest of the package looks great.

Very true about not seeing the cavity. If that were the only thing I didn't like, I might look into them more, but even then I'd still rather buy irons in which I enjoyed the aesthetics of the entire club.

My goodness that is a good looking iron

Droool. Those are fantastic; great looking irons. Can't wait to read more

Gorgeous.... as a Hawkeye fan, I think everyone would benefit from a little more black and gold

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sounds like these could be a good match to replace my CB3"s. Might have to hit these...

Curiosity is killing me....I want to see the entire line up. December/January? Or later?

I think these (the F5 line) are slated for January release.

We all got a chance to hit these things at #staffproto. They felt really nice and were easy to hit. They were also visually appealing. The whole F5 line is going to be a hit IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be a fair assumption.

Another great looking release from W/S and the potential added forgiveness off the bottom grooves puts them at the top of my demo list.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

I'm not sure how I missed this thread, but man those irons look good. Clean lines and the badging is perfect

57ec717f5e8901e0d1615e5f6e58455f.jpg

6baa17cacc523ef6e317009b1d18de33.jpg

a435e166262f174b3d3b5cf086eb3d40.jpg

251ac80df9fb3f8b6cdbc3fea8869fbc.jpg

So freaking sweet looking

wow, I like those a ton.

And as an "A" player u could game them with ease.

you flatter me sir. I think my game is more suited to what's in your bag. But I'm not opposed to trying.

Wow, they look a LOT different in hand. Seems to be not as smooth as I was expecting on the metal finish, especially in the stability bar in the cavity.

The finish on these is fantastic. I think they look much better in hand. love that it has an almost bead blasted finish to them. Really really interested in these

Back