Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball Review Thread

Golfsmith has them for the same price with free shipping right now.

Mine FINALLY get here tomorrow. I'm excited to get my Truvis on.

I just figured out how to mark the golf balls with the Truvis pattern accurately.

Went and putted with them today...so cool. Can't wait to get back in town and get them on the course. They do hold your attention a bit longer and really visual on the roll and how you hit it.

I did notice that I needed to adjust the ball so that no logo or writing was facing up...only the truvis pattern. Seemed really busy to my eye when the text was also visible. Strange...but my eye did not like the mixture.

I putted with this ball last weekend at Golftown for 45 minutes or so and did not notice any difference than putting with a "regular" white ball. If I find a Truvis out on the course I will put it in play and give it a try.

Did some putting with the Truvis last night, and I have to say that I got a kick out of watching them roll. Can't wait to get them on the course. Think it's going to add just another little fun thing to the round.

Just when I thought I would be the only one playing them it sounds like I'm going to have to mark my Truvis balls for the Savannah event.

Is this thing easier to track in flight with Truvis? Is it easier to see from a distance?

Is this thing easier to track in flight with Truvis? Is it easier to see from a distance?
For me, it's much easier to see at distance.

I've got a Truvis in play right now. With sunglasses on, it's pretty easy to track in the air. That's for sure. In the fairway, coming up to it, the ball looms very dirty. Putting isn't an issue because of the way the alignment line cuts through the red. they're interesting, that's for sure.

I almost picked up a box, may need to actually act on this.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

picked up my first box of the chrome soft today. the super soft has been my ball for the last year or so, excited to see how the chrome soft compares.

Playing the chrome soft for a couple months now and LOVE them! Great hold/feel on greens and no distance loss vs. other balls

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I've tried the Callaway Hex Black a while ago and they did perform well, but the durability was suspect on them. Now the Chrome Soft has me looking at Callaway again. My thoughts are these. On my driver, my swing speed is roughly about 105mph. I have heard different people say w/ that swing speed, the ball did not perform well, but on other clubs, it performed like a champ. Anyone w/ my swing speed or higher can chime in, and give me their input. It would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried the Callaway Hex Black a while ago and they did perform well, but the durability was suspect on them. Now the Chrome Soft has me looking at Callaway again. My thoughts are these. On my driver, my swing speed is roughly about 105mph. I have heard different people say w/ that swing speed, the ball did not perform well, but on other clubs, it performed like a champ. Anyone w/ my swing speed or higher can chime in, and give me their input. It would be greatly appreciated.

I'm 105+ and I've had no issues with them off the driver, no distance drop-off for me at all honestly.

I'm 105+ and I've had no issues with them off the driver, no distance drop-off for me at all honestly.

Thanks Jman. I may have to give these a try.

I bought a sleeve of the Truvis today. I'll give them a run out on the course soon.

I also am north of 105 most days. I did not notice any drop off compared the the V1x I normally game. I just did not shoot the best with them not sure why. I'm about 99.9% sure it was a swing thing. But that last tiny bit of doubt over the ball would creep into my head and make the ball my scapegoat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I also am north of 105 most days. I did not notice any drop off compared the the V1x I normally game. I just did not shoot the best with them not sure why. I'm about 99.9% sure it was a swing thing. But that last tiny bit of doubt over the ball would creep into my head and make the ball my scapegoat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Thanks FNG. I used to live in Winter Park, CO a few years ago, and hitting softballs was pretty fun. I can only imagine hitting the little white golfballs a country mile.

For those of you who may have played a Bridgestone B 330 RX how does this ball compare?x

For those of you who may have played a Bridgestone B 330 RX how does this ball compare?x

This and the RX are my two "gamer" balls. I've played the RX going on 3 years now.

I see a lot of similarities, these are lower compression, driver distance is similar, I get more spin into the green with these actually, but both play pretty equal for me. No major drop offs anywhere for either.

I played the Truvis yesterday, and I think I love it. I say think because I want to get more than 5 holes in with it. It was my first time using a Chrome Soft also, and it felt great. Very very soft off irons especially. Unfortunately I was pretty bad yesterday and didn't have shots hit the green to see if they bit, and I don't put much spin on the ball around the green.

The Truvis part, very cool IMO. I don't know if I noticed a huge difference in seeing it in flight, maybe just a little. The biggest difference was when searching for a ball. I definitely noticed it was easier to find the Truvis over a standard white ball. That is enough to sell me. I hate searching for my ball, so anything to make it easier is a huge bonus. I also just really enjoy watching these roll on the green.

I'm 105+ as well and don't notice any distance loss at all with my woods.

Back