Trying To Break 90 Club

After a bunch of consecutive 80's, past few rounds have been back in the low-mid 90's. Shot a 90 on Bethpage Green yesterday. But on a good note I missed 2 makeable birdie putts, had three 3 putts and skulled one chip shot over the green. So 80's was right there. Just gotta keep grinding.

Finally able to post a score in this thread instead of just a could/should have rant. Went 40/47 for a new PB 87 this morning. Had a double and a triple on back to back holes on 12 and 13 other than that it was pars and bogeys all day long. Man what a great feeling walking off the course today!

Finally able to post a score in this thread instead of just a could/should have rant. Went 40/47 for a new PB 87 this morning. Had a double and a triple on back to back holes on 12 and 13 other than that it was pars and bogeys all day long. Man what a great feeling walking off the course today!

Congrats! I had the exact same scoring on Sunday. :)

Casual Sunday round today. Shot 89. Had a birdie on the hardest hole on the course. Perfect drive, perfect 6 iron, perfect 15 foot putt. It's not really that hard is it...

Just need to have that each Saturday in comp really.

92 (48/44) 30 putts, too few FW and GIR to mention. Thank you short game. Tempo is everything...well almost :)

Congrats for the new PB 5150!

I shot 94 this morning, and it really felt like much worse than that... I sucked!

1 fairway, 2 gir, 40 putts....

I always try to find some positives, Marty. 94 is not bad with those stats. Your recovery shots must have been pretty good.

49/47 yesterday. I started triple, triple, double and just couldn't recover. First time playing this course. Had several very awkward shots where the ball was above my feet in the rough and I was just lucky to make contact. Just had a lot of unlucky breaks. Several penalty strokes on good shots because I didn't know the course and lost balls. Could have easily been 10 shots lower but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

49/47 yesterday. I started triple, triple, double and just couldn't recover. First time playing this course. Had several very awkward shots where the ball was above my feet in the rough and I was just lucky to make contact. Just had a lot go wrong. Could have easily been 10 shots lower but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

Yeah I hear ya on that re: that's just the way it goes. Even on the 89 I had this past Saturday I left 3 putts one roll short and lipped out two more. Could've been 84 easy. Hang in there.

Never have I had a round start off so crappy and end so good.
Shot a 47/39 with 30 putts and 2 birdies for my personal best of 86. On the back 9 I just kept driving the ball in play and wedging the ball close.
On the front nine I started off with a 3-putt bogey, then a triple after shanking my tee shot haha.

Last edited:
46/43 for an 89 this weekend. Turned an eagle chip on 18 into a double bogey otherwise it would have been better... :angry: Was a bare lie in the middle of the rough about two feet off. Next time I draw a lie like that I'll belly my 54 or chutt it for sure! :D

45/43=88 plus another 44 on the front 9 replay.

Soooo close. New PB of 92, and the thing is, I was playing so horrible that I was thinking I might not even break 100. My drives were awesome, what I have been working on is working and I am getting positive results. However, I completely forgot how to wedge. My pitches were wild and offline, my chips were chunked, and my darling AW was AWOL today.

Had the best 2 days of golf Ive had in a while. Been working my approach shots for a while now.

Played Cypress Creek in Cabot, AR on Saturday with a fellow THPer and his dad. Went out in 41 and came in with 45 for an 86.

Then, on Sunday I played Isabella GC in Hot Springs Village, AR (Santa Maria/Nina rotation). Went out in a amazing 40 that included 3 bogies, 1 double, 4 pars & a birdie. Came in with a 45, which could have been better but just could hit any good approach shots for an 85.

The nice stat of the 2 rounds combined was I hit over 64% of my Fwys and over 41% of my GIR for 36 holes. Had 35 and 34 putts respecitively.

I am finally seeing the hard work pay off.

Played last Saturday at a course that is significantly more difficult than what I have been playing lately and played pretty well.

Shot a 93 and took a 10 on one hole. Take that away or even if it was a double it would have been a really good score for me. Especially since I haven't played nearly as much I was playing last Summer for obvious reasons haha

My goal heading into the round was to shoot 45 on the front and 45 on the back which equates to a 5 on every hole. It has been a great way to mentally prepare for a round especially on a course is unfamiliar.

I really want another crack at this course and hopefully it will happen before the season ends.

Played last Saturday at a course that is significantly more difficult than what I have been playing lately and played pretty well.

Shot a 93 and took a 10 on one hole. Take that away or even if it was a double it would have been a really good score for me. Especially since I haven't played nearly as much I was playing last Summer for obvious reasons haha

My goal heading into the round was to shoot 45 on the front and 45 on the back which equates to a 5 on every hole. It has been a great way to mentally prepare for a round especially on a course is unfamiliar.

I really want another crack at this course and hopefully it will happen before the season ends.

Good work! I went 53/43 last time I played there. Blowup holes suck.

Had set a goal to break 90 on one of my three rounds in Myrtle this week. Unfortunately I missed it by 1 stroke. Shot 93 at Man O' War, 96 at Dunes Golf and Beach (with a dreaded 10) and then shot this at True Blue....

4f4971a59485c1d68282d3f42dc05886.jpg

Got to this spot...

089d81a62590b7ead2d5a19554e05047.jpg

knowing that bogey would get er done. Hit a great drive up the gut. Had 150 to the center of the green with a back pin placement. Did the smart thing 8i to the center, 2 putt and be on my way. Well, I guess I was amped cause I nuked that 8 right over the back and into the drink. Ended up with a 6 and 90 on the number. Could not make a putt all day. Had 6 GIR's but don't think I had a look at birdie under 15 ft.
I know the breakthrough is coming. Would've loved it to have happened at True Blue but I'm more than happy with 90 there. What a beautiful course and top notch service as well. They let my 8 year old play for free. He said normally it's $29.99 for juniors and he asked how does he usually play. I said I tee him up at 100-150yds and he plays in. Mike in the pro shop said don't even worry about and also gave him a ball marker and logo ball on the house.

I've been in the break 80 thread since the beginning of this season, and I do remember how great of an achievement it was for me the first time I broke 90. I was doing some reading on the net and stumbled onto this, and figured it could help some of you. If it drops even one stroke off for some it was worth the post. And good luck all with practice.

http://www.eatsleepgolf.net/#!Top-1...nd-of-Your-Life/cyvb/55e857c70cf28ffc7ef01c04

93 is pretty solid at man o war with all that freekin water.

Hate that place.

44 in league this week. Two rounds lined up over the holiday. Hopefully I can put something solid together.

I went out for a lovely 5h15 round.... started out pretty well with a great 41, but on the 15th par 5, everything was going well, I was 105 out for my third shot, and right at the begining of my swing, a bug got in my ear and bit me... followed by a great Sh*nk in the woods. it really pissed me off and I wend double double triple on the 15-16-17 and finished at 47, for an 88.

yes I broke 90 today, but the end of that round felt terrible.

I went out for a lovely 5h15 round.... started out pretty well with a great 41, but on the 15th par 5, everything was going well, I was 105 out for my third shot, and right at the begining of my swing, a bug got in my ear and bit me... followed by a great Sh*nk in the woods. it really pissed me off and I wend double double triple on the 15-16-17 and finished at 47, for an 88.

Nice 88, Marty. I can see how those 3 holes must have been frustrating. Also, the bugs, especially the mosquitoes, are friggin terrible lately. You can't even be outside.

nice round buddy. Sux the bug got you and messed up what could have been a good round

46/52 - 98 in humid 95 degree sunshine. Fatigue played a role in the 52 on the back. I was just cooked by 15.

Hit a PB 7 FWs and 6 GIRs. The putter wasn't working today... 5 three putts.

The driver was dialed today. Felt great

Nice 88, Marty. I can see how those 3 holes must have been frustrating. Also, the bugs, especially the mosquitoes, are friggin terrible lately. You can't even be outside.

nice round buddy. Sux the bug got you and messed up what could have been a good round

thanks guys, the score was still pretty good, I just need to get better mentally to get past that kind of stuff

Back