2016 Super Bowl Contest & Thread

Just wondering did Josh Norman, Luke, Davis, Greg Olson or anyone else storm out of their presser like a child?

Of course not because they are not immature children

hey if you dont want me to dance keep me out of the endzone......ok they did now take the criticism like a man .

hey if you dont want me to dance keep me out of the endzone......ok they did now take the criticism like a man .

Exactly!!! But hey at least he gives footballs to kids

The music video for the song advocates and portrays an "Us vs. Police" mentality. To me the video and the song go hand in hand once released, but I suppose this would be better served in a different thread.

Did you watch the video? Because it doesn't really.

apparently the video has a very anti-police message with kids dancing in front of riot lines, and graffiti saying things like "don't shoot us", but you're right, the song itself doesn't really say anything about the police. I don't know what people are so worked up about.

Dancing in front of riot police, so anti police. I know why people are worked up about it, but I won't share it here.

The entire show was one big politically charged and fueled mess. Can't expect much though from the SF area, NFL and the groups involved. The second I saw Coldplay and their colors, I knew what the whole thing was about.

I don't care to see over privileged idiots push their views on people, no matter what the message is. You are there to perform and entertain, not indoctrinate. I wish all celebrities would stay out of the political scene.

I don't know... it seemed to be the same message as a lot of other superbowl halftime shows, 'everyone unite under love' etc. See Michael Jackson/Heal the World, or the U2 performance. Maybe it seemed forced because a lot of people have a problem with equal rights for the LGBT community, but I didn't have a problem with it... I DID have a problem with coldplay sucking though, JMO.

I am really bored of the political (and delusion) tie-ins during sporting events.

Were it not for golf on TV every week, I'd probably dump cable again. So sick of that ****.

I wonder who she is referring to with these lyrics:

I twirl all my haters
Albino alligators

I don't know... it seemed to be the same message as a lot of other superbowl halftime shows, 'everyone unite under love' etc. See Michael Jackson/Heal the World, or the U2 performance. Maybe it seemed forced because a lot of people have a problem with equal rights for the LGBT community, but I didn't have a problem with it... I DID have a problem with coldplay sucking though, JMO.
Has nothing to do with the LGBT discussion for me. Many in my family are in that situation.

I care about political BS being preached during ANY sporting event for either side. Again, the message has nothing to do with it. The fact that there is ANY message is the problem.

Remember when Bono showed the American Flag lining in his jacket. Ugh, so political he should be ashamed of himself.

Remember when Bono showed the American Flag lining in his jacket. Ugh, so political he should be ashamed of himself.
Big difference between showing patriotic values and jumping on the wagon of what's popular right now

Big difference between showing patriotic values and jumping on the wagon of what's popular right now

But he's Irish! He's a traitor! And the world's biggest poo, if you believe South Park.

with a scrolling list of the 9/11 victims, I thought it was great, and since it was an issue everyone supported no one really seemed to have an issue with it... now Janet Jackson's left nipple on the other hand... stop. the. presses.

with a scrolling list of the 9/11 victims, I thought it was great, and since it was an issue everyone supported no one really seemed to have an issue with it... now Janet Jackson's left nipple on the other hand... stop. the. presses.
It was pierced...come on!

But he's Irish! He's a traitor! And the world's biggest poo, if you believe South Park.
South Park gets a lot wrong and a lot right. That's another discussion though...

He's #2...

EDIT randy's crap was bigger

Dancing in front of riot police, so anti police. I know why people are worked up about it, but I won't share it here.

Im guessing you have not seen much from Guilani on it? Or the countless others that shared the same thoughts. The entire message is a throw back to the Black Panthers.

There is a very logical reason why some people are worked up. She can hide the message through vague lyrics, but the power symbol was there. If people want to get political, there are the right channels to do so, but this was not it.

Im guessing you have not seen much from Guilani on it? Or the countless others that shared the same thoughts. The entire message is a throw back to the Black Panthers.

There is a very logical reason why some people are worked up. She can hide the message through vague lyrics, but the power symbol was there. If people want to get political, there are the right channels to do so, but this was not it.

One could argue that a largely viewed sporting event (or entertainment venue) such as the superbowl or the Olympics is the perfect place to get recognition for your cause, and this isn't anything new and something that has happened historically many times. I guess the only problem is the way this agenda is framed... as it seems to be 'anti-police' moreso than equal rights.

One could argue that a largely viewed sporting event (or entertainment venue) such as the superbowl or the Olympics is the perfect place to get recognition for your cause, and this isn't anything new and something that has happened historically many times. I guess the only problem is the way this agenda is framed... as it seems to be 'anti-police' moreso than equal rights.

I dont disagree at all. However with that said, you have to be able to take the criticism when it comes and there really is no defense to it. One can argue that she should say it, or even believe it, but to pretend it didnt happen or people are reading too much into it, is crazy talk.

No, I didn't see what Gulliani said about it. I think my two year old has more sense than ole' Rudy. I am not going to argue about the proper place to make a political stance. I just worry what we consider political now. Is a rainbow too political? Is don't do drugs too political? We have an issue with a black woman and her dancers making a black power solute, but yet we got a montage of Prince's penis guitar?

This last part isn't pointed at you, I think you're much more rational than most people on matters like this (whether or not we agree), but I find it funny that one side claims that we are too sensitive as a society then immediately throw a fit at the slightest thing that offends them. But that's for a different time and place, maybe over old fashions one day.

I think it's a joke the league allows racially driven activism during a halftime show, yet won't let one of their players wear pink to honour his Mom and a genuine cause for the entire season.

Get a ****ing clue, NFL.

Has this one been looping in here yet? Cam looks nervous.

tbxfqvmf0sta9cryrytc.gif

Yeah that definitely was not a "I think it's going to be ruled an incomplete pass".

I got the feeling he thought his knee was going to destroyed by 2 linemen and made a "career decision". Looks bad that he didn't go for the ball.

I think it's a joke the league allows racially driven activism during a halftime show, yet won't let one of their players wear pink to honour his Mom and a genuine cause for the entire season.

Get a ****ing clue, NFL.

This x's 1000

Get a ****ing clue, NFL.

Oh, now we agree. What is also disgusting, the NFL charges the US Military for every pregame support our troops ceremony. The US Government, our tax dollars, went to the NFL for the right to honor servicemen and women.

No, this doesn't change how I feel about Cam walking out, in fact I think it makes it worse.

http://www.theradicals.com/here-is-...ed-out-of-his-super-bowl-post-game-interview/

Apparently, Cam heard the Broncos saying that the gameplan was to make Cam throw the ball. So Cam got sand in his vajayjay and left.

No, I didn't see what Gulliani said about it. I think my two year old has more sense than ole' Rudy. I am not going to argue about the proper place to make a political stance. I just worry what we consider political now. Is a rainbow too political? Is don't do drugs too political? We have an issue with a black woman and her dancers making a black power solute, but yet we got a montage of Prince's penis guitar?

This last part isn't pointed at you, I think you're much more rational than most people on matters like this (whether or not we agree), but I find it funny that one side claims that we are too sensitive as a society then immediately throw a fit at the slightest thing that offends them. But that's for a different time and place, maybe over old fashions one day.

If Black Lives Matter and the Black Panthers is not a political stance, I am not sure what is.
If a country singer went on stage and draped themselves in the confederate flag and said #WhiteLivesMatter people would be going ballistic.

People being up in arms about racism is kind of a big deal...Apparently only allowed from one side though. That is what is not about being too sensitive that is understanding that we are a country divided and needs fixing instead of a constant barrage saying PC only matters when it fits into a little box that agree with the sentiment.

Back