Putter Design w/ Austie Rollinson

Listening to Austie makes me feel more knowledgable about putters. This was a great interview

That was the best part of the show for me. Getting to talk to all the people who designed and developed the products. I think my golf equipment IQ doubled each day.

That was the best part of the show for me. Getting to talk to all the people who designed and developed the products. I think my golf equipment IQ doubled each day.

Just so many brilliant minds with these companies

Austie is amazing.

Information packed. Would love to talk with Austin for a few days. Wealth of knowledge right there. V Line fang Rx is in my future for sure. Look out NE RR

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Damn, Austie with all kinds of knowledge and design bombs. Hearing how important that sound piece is validates what many have said here on THP.

It's good to hear how they mix and match successful attributes and use them as pieces going forward.

I'd love to hear more about how the insert technology plays out in the design features. What is the goal with each technology, and what are the things he wishes they'd do better with insert technology.

Great video and interview!

i love that his last name is Rollinson...great name for a putter guru! :D

finally got to watch the whole video.

Austie is such a cool guy and so knowledgeable about putters. Great interview and really cool information.

Great video and interview!

i love that his last name is Rollinson...great name for a putter guru! :D

Haha. I never even noticed that.

It was really interesting to hear his thoughts on the #7 shape. To me, that's something you see on your a lot - but the story of how it got there vs something like the 2 ball, which took off immediately, was interesting.

It was really interesting to hear his thoughts on the #7 shape. To me, that's something you see on your a lot - but the story of how it got there vs something like the 2 ball, which took off immediately, was interesting.

and I'm sure the man has many more stories like that. The talk of the getting sound right and having some that just sound bad they get tossed aside and revisited with a different sound down the road.

that interview was full of knowledge bombs being dropped!!! Hearing how they will go back and revisit and change designs based sole on sound is cool, also how they will blend different designs together was cool. never thought have too high an moi could be a bad thing but it makes total sense.

Oh and chasing the 2ball design for 6 years is crazy.

Back