Birdieball putting greens on carpet???

Kreeghawk02

Big Fred
Reaction score
Handicap
Many
I know there is a forum for these greens but im having a hard time finding if these things can be used on carpet or not. The carpet I have is medium length and Im just wondering if I should just get a shorter green and put it in the furnace room on concrete but Id much rather have it in the main downstairs on carpet. Any opinions on this would be appreciated. Thanks

I did not have any luck with it on carpet. Just too much 'squishiness'. Didn't provide for a good roll really. Much better on wood or concrete floors.

I know there is a forum for these greens but im having a hard time finding if these things can be used on carpet or not. The carpet I have is medium length and Im just wondering if I should just get a shorter green and put it in the furnace room on concrete but Id much rather have it in the main downstairs on carpet. Any opinions on this would be appreciated. Thanks

I had mine on carpet for a minute and i didn't see an issue. It's now in my basement and goes with the natural contour of the drainage. I'd almost prefer carpet and it's level.

Even if its 14' long, will the carpet affect the roll that much?

I have one that's 18 feet. The green is simple foam, so anything you see will be like playing on a normal green.

I have one that's 18 feet. The green is simple foam, so anything you see will be like playing on a normal green.

So you don't think there will be an issue with a 4 X 14 green on carpet? It doesn't have to roll 100% straight all the time.

I think it will be pretty bad.
Its a simple layer of foam. Outside of speeding up the carpet, I don't see a huge difference if one is working on their stroke. It won't really ever be level or anything.

Dang really. I do have a area of hard flooring that I could put a 4 X 10 green. Not the ideal spot but it would definitely work. Im just trying to decide if 10ft would be plenty of distance.

So you don't think there will be an issue with a 4 X 14 green on carpet? It doesn't have to roll 100% straight all the time.
I don't think so. I didn't experience any.

Dang really. I do have a area of hard flooring that I could put a 4 X 10 green. Not the ideal spot but it would definitely work. Im just trying to decide if 10ft would be plenty of distance.

I think it depends on the type of carpeting. Short, tight pile carpet like you see in offices wouldn't be bad. More plush carpet like you find in homes probably not as good.

How handy are you? My thought is to pick up two sheets of plywood to act as a substrate. Butt the two sheets end to end and screw some outriggers to either side to keep them together and aligned properly and put your green on top of that - that is if you have room for two sheets of plywood to just lay around.

I think it depends on the type of carpeting. Short, tight pile carpet like you see in offices wouldn't be bad. More plush carpet like you find in homes probably not as good.

How handy are you? My thought is to pick up two sheets of plywood to act as a substrate. Butt the two sheets end to end and screw some outriggers to either side to keep them together and aligned properly and put your green on top of that - that is if you have room for two sheets of plywood to just lay around.

Yeah plywood would be ideal but the storage of the plywood would be the problem. I'm driving myself crazy trying to think if will work on my carpet or not. I just know that putting on carpet is doing nothing for my short game.

Never use my Birdie Ball on carpet I built a stand for it and cut holes to match the holes on the BirdieBall.

Never use my Birdie Ball on carpet I built a stand for it and cut holes to match the holes on the BirdieBall.

Did you ever try using it on carpet?

Did you ever try using it on carpet?

I did for until I completed the elevated stand. Felt really squishy and like the ball rolled slower.

I have a 12' on medium length carpet. If you are not standing on it, it will work. But if you get one wide enough to stand on, it will essentially be useless.

I have mine on carpet. It's not the best, but it works. Instead of standing on it I use two pieces of wood at either end.

When I first got my birdie ball green I tried it on carpet and in my opinion you need a firm surface underneath it for it to work properly. Now on the other hand if you have a short carpet like an indoor outdoor type that might be fine

It works on carpet, but not well. It may work decent if you don't stand on it.

I have mine on carpet. It's not the best, but it works. Instead of standing on it I use two pieces of wood at either end.
How wide and long is yours?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I put mine in a less than ideal spot rather than using it on carpet.
It rolls quite a bit slower on carpet. Mine is 3x10

Is 3x10 long enough??

I have a 12' on medium length carpet. If you are not standing on it, it will work. But if you get one wide enough to stand on, it will essentially be useless.
How wide is your green? Do you stand on something else or what do you recommend?

How wide is your green? Do you stand on something else or what do you recommend?

Mine is 2x12 and they shipped a scrap piece of green with it to stand on. I wear shoes (tennis or otherwise) when I putt with it to get a pretty close representation of my stance. If I put the ball dead center of the green, my toes are barely on the putting surface, which doesn't affect break.

Mine is 2x12 and they shipped a scrap piece of green with it to stand on. I wear shoes (tennis or otherwise) when I putt with it to get a pretty close representation of my stance. If I put the ball dead center of the green, my toes are barely on the putting surface, which doesn't affect break.
So you think it's fine to use it on carpet as long as you don't stand on it?

Back