Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know who loves Bettinardi? Bettinardi.

I like some of them, the SS from the first MC I have is a gamer, will keep that one forever

Xr 16 driver... hit it at golfsmith with my grandura. Oh my ... forgiving bombs

I like some of them, the SS from the first MC I have is a gamer, will keep that one forever
Im the same way with my MC putter, love that T-Frame.

Xr 16 driver... hit it at golfsmith with my grandura. Oh my ... forgiving bombs

Hurry up
#KeepItAJanuaryPurchase

Better than your 816?
Well my swing is crap right now going thru swing changes (just in time for thp events lol) was easy to hit for sure. When I'm swinging driver well, there's not a driver that can beat the 816

j15 dpf...ftw!!

Damn man, now I'm spending more time looking though old THP review threads. And more time pondering...

Damn man, now I'm spending more time looking though old THP review threads. And more time pondering...

Well if you're looking at the J15 line my favorite was the J15 DPF

He and Scotty are.....very confident.....individuals.

Personal experience, or just in general? Genuinely curious. honestly I'm unaware of anything regarding this.

At the same time, how's Piretti as a company?

Well if you're looking at the J15 line my favorite was the J15 DPF

How much difference between those and the J40 DPC's? My J40's are a Combe set.

Personal experience, or just in general? Genuinely curious. honestly I'm unaware of anything regarding this.

Personal experience.

Piretti is ok, though Mike falls into a similar category for me sadly as time has gone on. Dealt with him a LOT early on in Piretti's life-cycle and had 4 of the putters at one point, but things have changed there a bit. Damn solid putters though. I will say, I think he's crazy chasing/releasing all of these "tour" and "limited" putters in the 1k range.

How much difference between those and the J40 DPC's? My J40's are a Combe set.

The J40 line was simply amazing. With that said I thought the J 15 line was an improvement on that. They did add more clubs to that line but I found the J15 DPF to have a more solid feel at impact. And that's not taking away anything from the J 40 DPF because they're awesome too. But I think if I remember correctly the J 15's are slightly larger? It's been a while since I hit them

Pondering some piretti's, betti's, and scotty's for my birthday.

Have a ponder at Kenny Giananni putters as well........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personal experience.

Piretti is ok, though Mike falls into a similar category for me sadly as time has gone on. Dealt with him a LOT early on in Piretti's life-cycle and had 4 of the putters at one point, but things have changed there a bit. Damn solid putters though. I will say, I think he's crazy chasing/releasing all of these "tour" and "limited" putters in the 1k range.

Does it have a lot to do with the prices they are releasing certain putters for? Or are they just reluctant to work with people?

They both make great products they are just extremely confident personality wise. Bob has always been great with me in person Scotty not so much but you can tell the confidence is there for both. I don't let the owners personality influence my choices with anything I buy though so this is kind of a non issue for me.

Piretti a while back I heard some not so great things about them regarding qc and customer service but it was when they were just starting to get bigish so I think it was just growing pains like any company goes through. That said at that price I would grab other models before a piretti. I would do a custom with Kari Lajosi or Byron or Lamont

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

They both make great products they are just extremely confident personality wise. Bob has always been great with me in person Scotty not so much but you can tell the confidence is there for both. I don't let the owners personality influence my choices with anything I buy though so this is kind of a non issue for me.

Piretti a while back I heard some not so great things about them regarding qc and customer service but it was when they were just starting to get bigish so I think it was just growing pains like any company goes through. That said at that price I would grab other models before a piretti. I would do a custom with Kari Lajosi or Byron or Lamont

Agree entirely on the Piretti point.

The J40 line was simply amazing. With that said I thought the J 15 line was an improvement on that. They did add more clubs to that line but I found the J15 DPF to have a more solid feel at impact. And that's not taking away anything from the J 40 DPF because they're awesome too. But I think if I remember correctly the J 15's are slightly larger? It's been a while since I hit them

Thanks man, I'm definitely going to have to long look back through the J15 DPF review thread now.

Have a ponder at Kenny Giananni putters as well........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giannini's are fantastic flatsticks.

Thanks for the info. I think I'm with you on the first part though. As long as the product performs as it should I'm ok. It's going to ultimately be a gift anyway, so I'll be happy with anything I end up with.

Ping G irons... get off of my brain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back