Newer Putter suggestions?

Karl

Reaction score
Handicap
I currently play the counterbalanced daddy long legs Putter and the odessy 2 ball before that. I am happy with the current but will like to try something new and improved or even an improved grip. Any ideas or experiences?

Are there any brands that you like or a certain price range you want to stay in? Putters can be a very personal thing to some people.

Are there any brands that you like or a certain price range you want to stay in? Putters can be a very personal thing to some people.

No particular brand or price range.

GRIPS: Superstroke 3.0 slim worked well for me but then I quickly learned that the Superstroke Flatso 2.0 was even better for my set up.

PUTTERS: Classic designs are a good start. I would never bend my putter to a 65 lie but at a sidewalk sale I picked one up without knowing the lie and found out how perfect it paired up with my putting style. Also the shaft was shorter than I would had cut at 33 inch. But it is laser dialed for me, most important of all it gave me more confidence.

Currently playing with counter weights, works for some putters not for others.

I am waiting for the Cleveland Huntington Classic coming out next month. Classic design with deeper face mill for softer feel.

Put your hands on as many putters as you can until you find the right one for you. Buy cheap putters and modify them to your liking for trials.

Last edited:
I agree with Hookie about the SS 3.0.

Putters can be so personal...I am anxiously awaiting Cleveland's release of their 2135 TFI Elevado putter. It looks like a #7, has the TFI (fabulous) face/insert and the 2135 alignment system.

first of all I am no expert ....

that being said, what I learned from playing tennis is the grip matters. If I go with a 4 1/4 grip I will be able to spin the ball more and mobility range will be greater, but it also puts a strain on my muscles. When I go with a 4 1/2 grip size on my tennis racket I have more control and stability but lose the agility of the smaller grip and there is less strain from grip pressure.

Take your hand and from the open hand facing you, slowly make a fist and watch your forearm muscles loosen and tighten. The key is to find the relaxing point of your muscles and also maintain a comfortable grip. You will find that the larger grip will in effect allow more relaxation in your muscles.

depends a lot on what you like, putters are so personal, you have to ask yourself a bunch of question before you start your shopping.

milled or insert
heel or center shafted
offset or not
blade or mallet

as far as grips go, I don't think I can give you a better advice than try a lot of them, you'll end up finding one you like.

Like most have said before. Do what I did. Go to a big box store or local shop (or both) and try out as many as you possibly can. Eventually you will know the one for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any high Moi standouts?

I agree with everyone on here. Finding the right putter is way too personal for us to choose one for you. How do your eyes sit over the ball, are you straight-back-straight-through, cross-handed, pencil grip, etc, etc. You get the idea. I see a lot of tour pros with Scotty Camerons, yet I've been fairly unsuccessful with the Camerons I have bought. Whatever allows you to hit the ball where you aim is what you should play. Everything else comes down to green reading.

The putter is the one club that is on you. It's all about the feel of it in your hands. I've been looking for a new putter for a month now and still looking.

I recently re fell in love with my Cleveland TFI 2135 1.0

It has great feel off the putter face and I love the alignment aid. I holed out a couple of longer than average putts and was right around the hole all day with my lag putts. No 3 putts for the round. I'd definitely recommend you check one out!
[h=1][/h]

Back