1st Contest - The 2016 Grandaddy of Em All - The All Expenses Paid Trip of a Lifetime

It's really cool how the members embrace the event as well. Al sounds excited about this year's edition.

I like cool ideas. I think I'd like Al. Can I go meet Al please?

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Tell me I'm not the only one who hears about a fun guy named Al who likes to listen to music while he plays golf and doesn't think of a certain movie...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell me I'm not the only one who hears about a fun guy named Al who likes to listen to music while he plays golf and doesn't think of a certain movie...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. I wonder how the Hideaway feels about bag mounted radios.....and bag mounted kegs for that matter.

Al's awesome. Hope whatever idea you guys had comes to fruition. Can't wait to see what it could be.

Al was awesome to play with! It just goes to show that we aren't joking or blowing smoke when we talk about how the members and even the caddies are pumped about the grandaddy

Had Al, one of the Hideaway members in for a fitting today and had a great conversation about the Grandaddy and even had a discussion about a really cool idea that we will definitely try and incorporate into the event this year if we can find a way to have it at The Hideaway this year.

love hearing the members talk about it and try to do something different.

Had Al, one of the Hideaway members in for a fitting today and had a great conversation about the Grandaddy and even had a discussion about a really cool idea that we will definitely try and incorporate into the event this year if we can find a way to have it at The Hideaway this year.
Never ceases to amaze me the way every year Callaway makes this event ever bigger and some how better than the year prior! The excitement is building even more!

It must be quite a challenge to keep making it better each year but I'm willing to be a test subject!

Everytime I read a grandaddy thread I get more excited at the possibility of what this opportunity holds.

Gotta love that THP events even get course staff members into the mix. I remember what stellar treatment we got a True Blue and Caledonia, and saying the Hideaway gets psyched about this event really is proof of what an awesome event it is!

Played with Al last year. Hope you enjoy listening to music. He's a blast.

And his golf cart is insane fast lol

And his golf cart is insane fast lol

Hahaha that is cool!

The members' attitudes about this is so dang cool. Sharing their paradise with average Joes...inspiring and generous.

Gotta love that THP events even get course staff members into the mix. I remember what stellar treatment we got a True Blue and Caledonia, and saying the Hideaway gets psyched about this event really is proof of what an awesome event it is!

Just one quick correction. Al is not a worker at the course. Al is one of the awesome guys that is a member of the Hideaway.

Just one quick correction. Al is not a worker at the course. Al is one of the awesome guys that is a member of the Hideaway.

Even better that members find the event memorable and want to cook up ways to make it more exciting!

Al sounds like somebody I need to meet!!

I need to find out Al is my long lost brother!

Hahaha that is cool!

The members' attitudes about this is so dang cool. Sharing their paradise with average Joes...inspiring and generous.

It's funny when we were on the tee box on the first day first hole, our member was the four time club champ but he had just fractured his elbow so he wasn't playing just riding with us making sure we were well taken care of. He asked us if we needed anything from the club house and I asked if they had any cigars. He laughs a little, makes a phone call and in less than a holes time a guy in a golf cart drives up with four of the most amazing cigars I've ever had. I was blown away by it and the caddie noticed. He walks past me and says "Welcome to Hideaway"

Just think, some lucky THPers are going play a awesome course, get fitted for clubs by top notch fitters, at the one of the best golf companies in the world...and then beat #TheZooCrew and bring home the belt!! Sounds like a damn good time!

Al was in for a fitting and discussing The Grandaddy? That's awesome!!

My favorite quote from Al... "This is The Hideaway do whatever you want!" I hope I get to play with Al again someday.

My favorite quote from Al... "This is The Hideaway do whatever you want!" I hope I get to play with Al again someday.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Lol he said something similar to me during our round. We had asked about driving the cart in an area we were sure about. He says "you guys are members today and tomorrow. Do whatever you want. You wanna take a $$$$ in the fairway, do it. This is your country club too"

It's funny when we were on the tee box on the first day first hole, our member was the four time club champ but he had just fractured his elbow so he wasn't playing just riding with us making sure we were well taken care of. He asked us if we needed anything from the club house and I asked if they had any cigars. He laughs a little, makes a phone call and in less than a holes time a guy in a golf cart drives up with four of the most amazing cigars I've ever had. I was blown away by it and the caddie noticed. He walks past me and says "Welcome to Hideaway"

You asked for cigars when you could have asked for a membership. They coulda made it happen!

And then you took a leak into the shrubbery.... :act-up:

You asked for cigars when you could have asked for a membership. They coulda made it happen!

Rookie mistake. If I ever get a chance to go back I won't make the same mistake. When Matt asks us if there's anything anyone needs I will say "yes either a job or a membership"

Rookie mistake. If I ever get a chance to go back I won't make the same mistake. When Matt asks us if there's anything anyone needs I will say "yes either a job or a membership"

Someone sticky this post into the 2016 Grandaddy thread so no one forgets hehe

Back