Playstation 4 & PS4 Games

AH. Not right now they're not! LOL

All that "PSN is free" is really working out right now.

Well, it is free, and my pocketbook loves free, downtime or not.

Same issues...fired up the new PS4 yesterday and couldn't get connected. Go figure.

I told you to stay PS4 Mike. #GoingToGetLonelyOverThere

Enjoy the down time

?? I don't get it.

Seriously. XBL has been fine. My son and I both have been playing the sh1t out of games requiring the network since Christmas Eve. He's been playing GTA with his friends in Ohio and Jersey. XBL is fine as far as we can tell.

You guys are lucky then because up until today XBL was reporting the service as down for the past two days. This is coming from MS themselves.

You guys are lucky then because up until today XBL was reporting the service as down for the past two days. This is coming from MS themselves.
It's been intermittent on both systems. I was on psn this afternoon. Only thing that didn't work was my friends list. Logged on tonight and it was completely down

It's been intermittent on both systems. I was on psn this afternoon. Only thing that didn't work was my friends list. Logged on tonight and it was completely down

Weird. Sony's support page has said it's been offline for more than 18 hours. I mustg just be unlucky =(

Weird. Sony's support page has said it's been offline for more than 18 hours. I mustg just be unlucky =(
It was weird. I downloaded new game updates, could see which friends were online via the app on my phone, but the friends list on the actual system was down. This was probably around 3pm est.

Tonight everything is down. Can't even connect via the phone app

Odd.

Like I said I could deal with 4-5 hours especially on a holiday but 3 days is just unacceptable.

hi guys! My PS4 has arrived! I have 3 games ATM, Fifa 15, COD AW, and MLB The Show. Now just need the PS network to get back online.
When the network comes back on, add me. Shanep0131

The downtime was pathetic.. There's no shaking that.

However, now that it's back up, it's back to being infinitely better than XBO and XBL. What a horrible platform they built that system on. Oye.

My PS + subscription ended. Pretty cool that I haven't been able to use it for what 2-3 weeks at this point and Sony doesn't care.

My PS + subscription ended. Pretty cool that I haven't been able to use it for what 2-3 weeks at this point and Sony doesn't care.
Has it been down that long? I knew it was down the last 3 days or so.

I know I was just finally able to start the setup on mine.

ddec044184

you can't change those right?

Not unless you get reported enough...which some people are trying to do to my name lol

It was down for a week or so and over the past year it has been down for quite a bit also.

individually speaking, there have only been two experiences where I could not connect to PSN this year, one for about three hours one night in the late Summer, and this latest debacle. It's comparable to most services in my opinion.

ddec044184

you can't change those right?

You can make it whatever you want, but it has to be a new account each time you change it. Not sure if PS+ follows to multiple users or not.

individually speaking, there have only been two experiences where I could not connect to PSN this year, one for about three hours one night in the late Summer, and this latest debacle. It's comparable to most services in my opinion.

You can make it whatever you want, but it has to be a new account each time you change it. Not sure if PS+ follows to multiple users or not.

Never had a service like this be down for 3 days, which is ridiculous in my opinion but otherwise it's not nearly as bad as people make it sound.

I actually had more problems on XBL two years ago or whatever it was we were all playing CoD.

Never had a service like this be down for 3 days, which is ridiculous in my opinion but otherwise it's not nearly as bad as people make it sound.

I actually had more problems on XBL two years ago or whatever it was we were all playing CoD.

Agreed on that end, the length of the recent downtime was crazy, but i think quite a bit of it had to do with them improving the service/firewall/safety. If it goes down again in a similar fashion, I'll be singing a different tune -- Just hoping this was a one time deal for that length of time.

Also, agreed on XBL and CoD. Much of that has to do with the game servers and individual hosting, but that entire service has regressed with the transition to next gen. Party chat is bad, and you need a chat cable... Can't even open friends lists in various experiences... and the interface is a MASSIVE step backwards compared to 360/dashboard.

Even with three days off PSN, I'm still happier there than with XBL.

Blah blah lots of justification going on

I don't like the interface of the ps4 but I think it is better than Xbox one. I think the 360 was my favorite I have ever used.. I am still confused why they changed it so much and really made it a lot worse

Back