[video=youtube_share;5bP1f_1o-zo]http://youtu.be/5bP1f_1o-zo[/video]

Gives me chills ust watching the trailer.

Can't even imagine how difficult that job would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely not as easy as movies make it out to be.

The shooting is the easy part, and that itself isn't easy, a lot of things can happen at 1k yards to make you miss. A lot of small stupid things.

The Red Circle goes over it pretty decent, or read Marine Sniper 93 confirmed kills. (Carlos Hathcock was involved in a lot of the development of the Marine Scout Sniper program.) and Silent Warrior goes over some more.

I still remember Carlos' story about his one man suicide mission to take out an NVA general, where he crawled across a open field inch by inch over the course of three days to get a shot.

He was eaten alive by fire ants, almost stepped on by patrols, encounter poisonous snakes.

How did he eat, or drink, or relieve himself under those constraints.

How he got out of that alive is remarkable.

It's no secret I greatly respect the Sniper profession.

I think what epitomizes it the most is the scene with the kid where he has the rocket and his spotter says if you're wrong they will fry you .

How the ell can you function in that environment when so many people are trying to kill you and the people you are protecting and then have to worry about getting railroaded by your own government .

I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's one of the reasons (Operation Red Wing) Lone Survivor happened they way it did.

But that's why SEAL Training is so difficult, why any special forces training is difficult. That's why Hell Week is crucial, they break you down to see how mentally tough you are.

That training isn't about being the fittest, or best at shooting, it's about mental toughness, that's why they give you the option to quit whenever you want.

Then past that, at one point SEAL Sniper training was worse, when you have a 30% attrition rate amoung SEALs, that's crazy. It's so hard that if you fail no one really looks down on you for failing.

Reading the books, and watching the documentaries on special forces training, it's intense.

Now that 2nd trailer gives a little more into the direction Clint is taking the story. I like where it seems to be headed.

That trailer is chilling...looking froward to watching this

Brother in law saw it yesterday and said it was "fantastic and 2 thumbs up". Great to hear.

Was just saying I need to see this.

Google Play had the book for 2.50 so I am reading it now, pretty good so far.

Definitely on a short list of movies I really want to see

I read the book last year & didn't realize he'd been killed. Man, what a shame to have gone through all that he did & then get killed by a former US soldier. I feel bad for his family.

The book was not great but really told his story - it was worth reading but I'll have to check out the other ones mentioned here.

I bet the movie will be much better - but I'm a big Bradley Cooper & Eastwood fan

This is a movie I will see, I understand the release has been delayed?

I have a buddy in the Screen Actor's Guild and he get sent a few movies each year for Oscar season. One of them was this movie and he let me watch it. I felt it was a pretty good movie, not great, but very good. Saying that this movie was Coopers best film isn't much of a reach since he is not generally a great actor. I forgot who mentioned it when they compared it to Hurt Locker, but it's pretty much that, but with some of he home sickness integrated. It was an enjoyable movie to watch.

That's one of the reasons (Operation Red Wing) Lone Survivor happened they way it did.

But that's why SEAL Training is so difficult, why any special forces training is difficult. That's why Hell Week is crucial, they break you down to see how mentally tough you are.

That training isn't about being the fittest, or best at shooting, it's about mental toughness, that's why they give you the option to quit whenever you want.

Then past that, at one point SEAL Sniper training was worse, when you have a 30% attrition rate amoung SEALs, that's crazy. It's so hard that if you fail no one really looks down on you for failing.

Reading the books, and watching the documentaries on special forces training, it's intense.

Totally agree. My dad was a helicopter pilot in the army and would sometimes work with various special forces teams. In fact, one of his better friends was in the Delta Force (1st SFOD-D). He said some of those guys (Delta and Seal) are just on another level. I'm always curious as to why we don't hear more about Delta Force, because they are out doing stuff as well. They made up a big portion of the task force that ferreted Sadaam Hussein out of his hole, etc.. Pops just claims it's because the Delta guys just don't really talk. Who really knows, though. Regardless, all those guys are beasts....

Nominated for best movie by the Oscars today.

Cannot wait to see this!

I read a very interesting article yesterday. It did not paint Chris is a very pretty light. It was quite critical of his propensity to fabricate stories.

I'm not sure how much of it is true. But it wasn't kind.

I read a very interesting article yesterday. It did not paint Chris is a very pretty light. It was quite critical of his propensity to fabricate stories.

I'm not sure how much of it is true. But it wasn't kind.

Not surprising since you have been very critical of him since the thread began. I'm sure I could go on the internet and find stories about just about anyone in the public eye both positive and negative. It's a very thin line to walk. Must be very hard to be a perfect human being.

Not surprising since you have been very critical of him since the thread began. I'm sure I could go on the internet and find stories about just about anyone in the public eye both positive and negative. It's a very thin line to walk. Must be very hard to be a perfect human being.

I have not been critical of the man as a war hero. He was an accomplished sniper. He saved a lot of American lives. No doubt about that. What he did when he came home, I have no idea what to think about that.

I have not been critical of the man as a war hero. He was an accomplished sniper. He saved a lot of American lives. No doubt about that. What he did when he came home, I have no idea what to think about that.

What does any of that have to do with this movie?

The trouble he had when he came home from tour.
Spoiler
In one scene he was at a bar drinking a beer before seeing his wife after coming back. That and how he was helping other people overcome their PTSD which led to his eventual murder.

Because I am having a conversation. Chris Kyle was a war hero. An accomplished sniper. Hopefully that's what the movie focuses on.

Back