2015 Golf Resolution

To get my wife out on the course more and to take my son out on the course for the first time.

Take the crown at #TheKing, because #ImWithChad.

I'd also like to get a few lessons, get the cap under 8 and generally have more fun than ever on the golf course!

Lose 10-15 lbs & get more flexible. Stay on course with my progress and sharpen my short game.

Attend as many THP events as possible.

1) Break 90
2) Have more fun
3) Play with THPers

I guess 2 & 3 go hand in hand

Find a comfortable balance between family, work & golf & enjoy every minute I'm able to play or practice.

That means I'll probably play once or twice a week depending on the weather & available daylight & practice a lot at home when I don't have family or work commitments.

Become more consistent with my chipping and short game. AND continue to enjoy this game as much as I did in 2014, if not more!

I think the only way I'll ever start working out is if I make it a "golf goal" instead of a "weight goal". I need to do some research and figure out what a good golf workout plan is to a) lose weight and b) swing faster

I want to have a single digit handicap that travels. Any other golf goal is really just a way for me to get to that point.
I also really want to stick with my bag setup this year...see if that works lol

1. Find the clubs that fit my style.
2. Play more golf!
3. Get back into the mid-80's consistently again.

1) Have a club in my hands every day. I can't improve if I am not swinging a club.

2) Play more often, I need more rounds in. Thinking I need a membership again anywhere, just so I can take the "poor weather" excuse out of the equation again. I used to play rain or shine, and I need to get back to that again.

3) Keep having fun. Fun = Success despite what the score might be, and I need to remember that.

Had not thought about this year until I saw this post. Made me think a little. Didn't realize I had improved in '14 vs. '13 until I checked scores.
Rounds 2013 -2014
Total 175 -176
100+ 21- 15
80's 51 - 69
70's 1 - 4
The rest in the 90's.
Since I'll be 70 by the end of the year a little improvement would be great!

Break 90 at my new course.
Hcp below 8.
Putt better (fewer than 33/round).
Play w more THP'ers.
Participate in THP events.

get consistency with the driver before I take on Pinehurst number 2

Hope to finally break the 80 mark, crush my father n law when we play, oh and have fun

Play more with THPers. Play in a few events. Work at bringing the handicap down a couple strokes. One last and most important item, have more fun on the course this year.

I will take my good short game and make it a GREAT short game - I plan to spend 75% of my practice time pitching, chipping and putting. I also plan to lose weight and get into shape; this should help my long game as well.

Get my handicap down and all that is incloved to do so.

Enjoy every second of playing and not let bad shots or feelings ruin my rounds and days.

Try to help my wife enjoy the game as much as I do.

Play more
Improve around the green
More chutting
Try and get the wife back into the game
I would also like to try to get a bunch of western guys out to the Okanagan for an get together.

Continue to improve my swing and make it more consistent
Improve tee/long game so I can use my length to my advantage
Keep up with the short game
become a better putter

play more courses- no membership this yr just gonna play every local course I can get on

Of course get to numerous THP events

Break 80 just once, I shot 80 twice last year.
Convince my wife to join the couples league at the course by our house.
Play consistent golf instead of the yoyo I am used to.
Just get the clubs in my hands more often, even just practice swings in the backyard.

to become more consistent with my swing and contact.

Play in a US Mid Am Qualifier.

Get to scratch.

Back