Scotty Cameron putters

If I had to guess, it's basically just a name change since they have an insert now. The M1 is taking the place of the roundback.
I will admit to being intrigued by the insert behind the face. I absolutely L O V E that technology in my 2135. If I could get the look of my Squareback with the feel of the 2135...well that would be something.

If you can't justify a price increase, it's just a price increase because you can. That seems lame to me.

This is 100% personal opinion. I'm fine with that. Scotty has loads of followers who will pay whatever whenever and it's clear he knows that.

That's exactly it. He knows he has loyal followers and may be using that to his advantage. I don't think an OTR putter should cost that much but I guess that's what keeps up the stigma of a "Scotty". I like what he does, I think the putters are good, but I have been seeing more and more smaller shops building some REALLY nice putters and for me, I am spending my money there next time. I don't think I have seen a Byron Morgan that I don't like. I wish I could collect his work like some collect Scotty's.

Here is how I see the situation.*

Scotty has elevated his brand into the premium high end status symbol tier with Rolex, Breitling, Chanel, Louis Vutton, Johnny Walker, Cohiba, etc. What do all of these companies have in common?They are 1. Expensive, 2. Their presence gives the perception of *a certain economical status, 3. There is no quantifiable difference between these brands and other top brands in their respected markets. *

Scotty knows he can charge $500 a putter because Mike the wealthy realistate investor who plays his weekly games wants to have the Titleist latest and greatest in his bag so his friends will drool over it. Does Mike's Rolex do a significantly better job at telling time than my Shark watch? No. Does it look a hell of a lot prettier and give you a different feeling when you look at it? Absolutely.*

So why would Mike buy the really well built custom made Low Tide putter that none of his friends can recognize when he can buy they newest Scotty and make all of his friends jealous?

That's why Scotty's prices only go higher, and even with little new tech introduced the price just went up more than 20%‎

For what it's worth, I think everyone knows the 'why' it's just a matter of whether you prefer to let it happen, or voice your opinion on why you like or don't like it.

It will be interesting to see how long that 410 pricetag remains in place. Fortunately I don't buy my putters exclusively for the name on the cavity, so I won't have any issues bailing if they jump to 500 or higher before my Son is in grade school.

For what it's worth, I think everyone knows the 'why' it's just a matter of whether you prefer to let it happen, or voice your opinion on why you like or don't like it.

It will be interesting to see how long that 410 pricetag remains in place. Fortunately I don't buy my putters exclusively for the name on the cavity, so I won't have any issues bailing if they jump to 500 or higher before my Son is in grade school.

I agree. That was my why. I would never pay it, but I understand why. I've never paid a cent more than 175 for a Scotty and I refuse to.

How confident are we on the information regarding pricing? I just saw a publication that lists the prices at $379, standard, $399, Dual Balance

How confident are we on the information regarding pricing? I just saw a publication that lists the prices at $379, standard, $399, Dual Balance

I'm not confident, however, I'd feel a lot better about the line if it was 379.

This is what I thought it was going to until today as well

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm not confident, however, I'd feel a lot better about the line if it was 379.

Maybe the $410 was correct until Scooter saw our reaction and quickly backtracked.

Most MSRP's for titleist clubs are over what they come to retail for. Weren't the SM5's MSRP at something like $159? Yet they sold in stores for $129. MSRP for some reason always tends to be a bit higher with Titleist, and I'm sure that's because they sell for that amount in certain markets or smaller pro shops that can mark them up. But I've never seen those prices around here in big box stores.

This is what I thought it was going to until today as well

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Was thinking along the same lines. MSRP rarely ends up being the retail price with some of Titleist offerings

Most MSRP's for titleist clubs are over what they come to retail for. Weren't the SM5's MSRP at something like $159? Yet they sold in stores for $129. MSRP for some reason always tends to be a bit higher with Titleist, and I'm sure that's because they sell for that amount in certain markets or smaller pro shops that can mark them up. But I've never seen those prices around here in big box stores.

There is MSRP and MAP.

The MSRP I put up comes directly from Titleist. I didn't list the MAP.

The MSRP I put up comes directly from Titleist. I didn't list the MAP.

Got it. I assume MAP will be less.

Do we have any idea when the release date is?

When can I preorder one?
Edit: I'm a moron April 8 apparently

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I hate to think what the RRP of these is going to be here in Australia with the US dollar atm...

Love them but they'll be close to $600 for us which is just not doable.

Im so glad I held out on the 2014 model. I will be putting a 2016 Newport in the bag. Stoked!

Huh. So now I want another one of these....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the Notchback, but I'm bummed they still haven't brought back the 1.5 Newport.

Seems odd to me to go with an insert but keep it 303. Why not GSS like before?

I like the Notchback, but I'm bummed they still haven't brought back the 1.5 Newport.

Yeah I really don't get that move either. A bit more in the larger models to go lighter, I guess.

Yeah I don't get the aluminum and stainless insert move either. But then again I bet we see gss inserts come out from the gallery and with it the hefty price tags

Yeah I don't get the aluminum and stainless insert move either. But then again I bet we see gss inserts come out from the gallery and with it the hefty price tags

You mean like the concept you have? It would be pretty disappointing to see him limit it to that.

Back