Fantasy Draft Order Idea

Pringles

waywardpoints
Reaction score
Handicap
So this year my buddies and I are going to be playing 9 holes to pick our fantasy draft order. Since there is a range of abilities for this we have decided to handicap it by number of clubs. Since I am the best out of the group I am allowed a putter and two clubs. We then made adjustments to the rest of the group from 4 clubs up to a hole bag! To make it even more exciting...we randomly chose each club for each participant. Unfortunately for myself, I randomly was selected to play with a 3W and a 2 iron. Hopefully my bump and run game is on point! Thought I would share this with you guys! I will keep you posted since we play this Sunday!

That's pretty funny. Good stuff.

Sounds like a fun little twist on a draft. Keep us posted on what pick you get.

Can't wait to see how it turns out, should be interesting!

You should be in for a very interesting round Pringles! Eager to hear how it ends up for you!

So this year my buddies and I are going to be playing 9 holes to pick our fantasy draft order. Since there is a range of abilities for this we have decided to handicap it by number of clubs. Since I am the best out of the group I am allowed a putter and two clubs. We then made adjustments to the rest of the group from 4 clubs up to a hole bag! To make it even more exciting...we randomly chose each club for each participant. Unfortunately for myself, I randomly was selected to play with a 3W and a 2 iron. Hopefully my bump and run game is on point! Thought I would share this with you guys! I will keep you posted since we play this Sunday!

Fun idea!

You should see about swapping the putter out for maybe a wedge, you could putt fine with a 3w/2i

Sunday like a fun idea!

Sounds like a really fun idea, very cool concept.

I run a league at work which has a little bit strategic thinking for our draft order. 10 team PPR league, team owner's names go in a hat. First name pulled out of the hat is 10, then 9, then 8 and so forth. BUT wait........ that's not your draft order. Last name out of the hat now gets to pick his draft slot # for the snake draft. Then the 2nd person picks from the remaining open draft slots, then the 3rd and so forth. Last guy gets stuck with whatever is left (usually slot #7 or #8). So this year, first guy (which was last name pulled) took slot #5 (shocked us all, but understandable since Brown is clear cut #1 pick but does not leave you with advantage worth waiting till 20th pick to select again). I was second to select and took slot #3, third guy took slot #4, fourth guy took slot #1, fifth guy took slot#9, sixth guy took draft slot #2, and so on.

Just makes you think where you want to be on the wrap around in later rounds. My reasoning for taking 3rd is it leaves me with option of getting one of the top 3 wr's (Brown, OBJ or Jones) or top RB as an option. Plus gives me ability at #18 & #23 to snag 2 more top tier guys which I am hoping for another top 10 WR and/or a #1 RB not splitting carries.

Love the idea but what a bad random draw on the 2 clubs. Just about any other combo would be better! Do you get a putter? We have our 13th annual fantasy draft at my man cave on Thursday evening, can't wait.

Love the idea but what a bad random draw on the 2 clubs. Just about any other combo would be better! Do you get a putter? We have our 13th annual fantasy draft at my man cave on Thursday evening, can't wait.
Yea I get a putter

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sounds like a fun idea. In my one league we fill out march madness brackets and however we finish with those determines in order in which we choose our draft position. So the guy that finished 7th can choose to draft 12th for example.

Yea you got a bad random pick for clubs. Hope you don't get caught in a bunker. My clubs are a hybrid, 4, 8 & 9 iron so I'm spread out good. But like you said yesterday I bet you don't finish last. It will be fun on Sunday

That sounds like it will be a blast! Awesome idea.

This is an awesome idea and i wish i had enough fantasy football friends who played golf haha or golf friends that played fantasy football. Now join THP fantasy football and tell me whats harder, a 16 team league draft or chipping with a 2 iron lol

I'm in agreeance with Philly. Wish I had some more local friends to do that with. Sounds like a blast!

Tomorrow's the day!!!

And we are off...even after 1!

Bogeyed the par 5 so I'm 1 over...landed in a trap. Hard to get out with no lofted clubs!

Two over after 3 and found the bunker again on the short par 3

3 over after 4

Bad double on # 5.... OB off the tee, short, garbage, on, 1 putt

Bogey on #6....par 5 coming up!

Bogey on #6 and par in the 182 yard par 3 #8 with the 2 iron

And par on the last hole gives me a 42 for 9...awesome day! Now we wait! I'll take 43 with a putter, 3 wood and 2 iron any day! Par was 36 at 3000 yards!

Back