Repairing cavity badges

russtopher

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Band
I noticed out on the course yesterday that the cavity badge in my 7i is coming off. It was bent and sticking out when I noticed it on the second hole. Thankfully I was able to sort of jam it back in place a few times and it never came completely off.

I'm assuming that regular super glue would be enough to keep it in place, but I wanted to check and see if anyone else has found a better way to fix a badge and have the repair last. With impact vibrations, dirt, etc. I was curious to know if there might be something else that's recommended.

Never had to do it but I would probably use epoxy to secure it back on the club. If that can hold a shaft on a club at impact from around a 100 mph swing, I would think it would certainly do the trick for a badge.

1 tiny drop of Gorilla superglue (or other clear superglue) will be more than enough

I used superglue for my 545 and haven't had an issue since.

Back in the day I had the same problem. I removed the badge all the way and cleaned the area really good. I straightened the badge the best I could then put 3 drops of super glue and never had a problem after that.

Thanks guys. I just put a few drops of Loctite on it, and then clamped it down with a folded up paper towel in between. Hopefully it'll be good to go.

Also noticed the ferrule is starting to pull away on that club too. It's a tiny amount right now, hopefully it doesn't move any more than that.

Gorilla glue or epoxy was my thought too. I've never had the issue though.

The open end of a 3/8ths spanner can be used to tap the ferrule back in place. You can glue it with a dab of nail polish. Note: Nail polish is an inexpensive, very fast drying paint/glue that comes with its own little, reusable, brush.

Back