Callaway XR16 Pro Driver Review Thread

I hit both this and the regular version at gs tonight and came away really impressed. I think I liked the way that this one set up to the ball more than the regular but I didn't have any complaints about either and the ridges on the crown weren't noticeable. Both had a similar metallic sound and feel. I tend to prefer a more muted sound but I didn't mind the sound at all and wasn't anything near g30 or f6+ noise.

In terms of performance I found both of them to produce similar numbers. I launched both of them in the 14 -15 range and spun the pro a touch lower maybe 200 rpms on similar strikes.

I tend to lean towards the pro because I liked how it looked a touch better but I would game either one without issues. I look forward to warmer weather here and hoping that Kang has one that I can hit outside.

Hit this today at Golf Galaxy and came away impressed. Not sure how accurate their machine is but the computer had me 110 on swing speed for 6 swings and I got 280 carry and 300 roll out. The guy said it is normally with in 5 for distance but the swing speed should be good. If so I picked up some mph. Either way it felt good when I hit it.

Gamed this head paired with hzrdus black today. Just as low spinning (maybe couple hundred more but negligible difference depending on strike) but more forgiving.

Gamed this head paired with hzrdus black today. Just as low spinning (maybe couple hundred more but negligible difference depending on strike) but more forgiving.
That HAS to be a sexy combination of a driver/shaft....awesome.

How was the flight? Higher but easier even with that shaft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So many great drivers this year but watching the Boeing video this has taken first place in my must try.

How was the flight? Higher but easier even with that shaft?

Playing at +1 and seeing a good mid flight

Played this head with hzrdus yellow 63g 6.5 today. Gelled really well, was making center contact pretty much all day. Started +1/n but was seeing a flight too high for my liking and losing a bit of distance. Went to s/n and results were better. On hole#10 a 322yd par 4, drove the green

This club looks almost perfect. Nice freakin bomb Kang.

Played this head with hzrdus yellow 63g 6.5 today. Gelled really well, was making center contact pretty much all day. Started +1/n but was seeing a flight too high for my liking and losing a bit of distance. Went to s/n and results were better. On hole#10 a 322yd par 4, drove the green

Nice poke buddy. Glad to see the pro is working out for you

Again today this club didn't disappoint. What I am getting out of this head is the low spin I loved in the 816 dbd but with touch more forgiveness. The sound is definitely more metallic and not as the beloved muted sound as dbd but it's not obnoxious IMO. Almost sounds more explosive, like I'm getting more ball speed. I have confirmed a few times I am getting more ballspeed out of this head (if the numbers can be trusted at golfsmith monitor).

I hit Kangs today with the speeder from my 815 in it and ball went far. I hit my 815 on the same hole pretty well and the xr pro was probably 25 yards longer. I've hit this on the moniter and have been impressed but today sealed the deal it's only a matter of time now.

I hit Kangs today with the speeder from my 815 in it and ball went far. I hit my 815 on the same hole pretty well and the xr pro was probably 25 yards longer. I've hit this on the moniter and have been impressed but today sealed the deal it's only a matter of time now.
You should have known when hitting mine. Seems when you hit what's in my bag you buy lol

Ordered mine with Matrix Red Tie. Best combination for me of all the heads and shafts. 816, XR, and GBB. Should be here Monday.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So I hit this one today and I really enjoyed it. Great sound and improved over from last year's model. Felt great in hand and liked how it setup behind the ball.

Hit the best drive of the day with this one of the 3 I tried. 260+ carry and was a high long bomb. I will have to go back with a little more time and see if I can dial this one in a little more.

So I hit this one today and I really enjoyed it. Great sound and improved over from last year's model. Felt great in hand and liked how it setup behind the ball.

Hit the best drive of the day with this one of the 3 I tried. 260+ carry and was a high long bomb. I will have to go back with a little more time and see if I can dial this one in a little more.
This and hzrdus yellow. Dude it's not leaving my bag anytime soon. The way I'm hitting it, if I change I'm a bigger idiot than I thought lol

This and hzrdus yellow. Dude it's not leaving my bag anytime soon. The way I'm hitting it, if I change I'm a bigger idiot than I thought lol
Once my black gets here I'm going in to try that out compared to what I have now. I feel like it's going to be a stellar combination.

After playing a few rounds with this it might be the most point and shoot driver I've ever used. In my rounds this week I hit 16/20 fairways and 2 of those misses were because I chose the wrong line. As someone that's known to spray driver all over the park it's a really nice feeling to be consistently hitting my lines.

I continue to really enjoy this driver. Such a solid offering. I thought 816 dbd was it for me but with this head I am getting similar spin with more forgiveness. The combo of this and hzrdus yellow works really well for my swing
418de1b888560e79c0a3f43abe584af7.jpg

Kang or anyone else hit the pro and regular. What noticeable differences did u guys see.

Kang or anyone else hit the pro and regular. What noticeable differences did u guys see.
The head shape is a big difference and I prefer the look of the pro. The non profit has a more elongated from face to back of the head. The std model definitely launched higher for me.

The head shape is a big difference and I prefer the look of the pro. The non profit has a more elongated from face to back of the head. The std model definitely launched higher for me.

Your pro vs My "regular", 3 balls off the tee, winner take all for accuracy and distance. Can you wait for June to do it however?! :D

Your pro vs My "regular", 3 balls off the tee, winner take all for accuracy and distance. Can you wait for June to do it however?! :D
I'm down for that challenge!

Back