What Club For You Had the Shortest Honeymoon Period?

Macdaddy wedges (non T grind)
Cleveland Smart Square

TM R1 driver. Went through the full TaylorMade fitting experience and (of course) hit it great there, but once in my bag it just wasn't happening. Gave it a couple rounds but didn't see even a glimmer of hope and went back to my original RBZ.

I bought a Taylormade hybrid and 3 wood off the internet after coming back to the game. Neither made it onto the course. I knew immediately after swinging on the range they were not for me. Lol

My Cobra AMP irons.

Picked them up, drove to the course, and played 9. No range, I just wanted to hit them on the course really bad. Shattered my course record.
My buddy bought a set of those D cell a few years back on clearance and was spraying them all over the place. Something was off he said but it was a combination of the bounce, design and just a flawed club. He said they felt awful. I've read some really bad reviews of those amp d cell irons.

Seemore SB1 counterbalanced. Only in the bag a little over 2 weeks. Four 18 hole rounds, 2 nine hole rounds. Could not get any speed control at all. Going from mucho years of insert face to milled face was a failed experiment.

The alignment tool in the Seemore worked great though.

BioCell+ driver. 2 rounds and got rid of it towards my new 3 wood

I bought a Razr Hawk 3W on a whim that I just flat couldn't hit. Didn't get off the range with it. Replaced with a Razr Fit 3W that I love.

More than clubs, I have had shafts that did not last too long in the bag. The VS Proto tested well and then felt terrible on the course, same for the Project X 6C3 or whatever the number combination is. As far as clubs, the Bridgestone J33P didn't perform as well as I thought it would.

Rbz2 stage 2 3 hybrid. Could hit it a mile, but 1/2 of the mile left and the other 1/2 was right. Had it in my bag out of necessity, but now I know what a good hybrid is

X2Hot 3 Deep with stiff green shaft . I could not get it off the ground . Lasted one range session .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G15 driver. I bought it after 10 minutes in a sim, then went to play 18 and hated it. One more range session and that was it. I didn't like anything about it.

The Cleveland Classic XL Custom. I wanted to like the club, but performance wise it just didn't get along with my swing. More me than the club though.

Left handed putter. I'm right handed.

First round I putted great. After that. Blech!

The Cleveland Classic XL Custom. I wanted to like the club, but performance wise it just didn't get along with my swing. More me than the club though.

That was me, I hit it great in the store but 3 full rounds later I was back at the store trading it in. The X-Hot was the runner up when I had bought the Cleveland so I made the trade for it and the X-Hot was a great club for me for a year or maybe a little longer.

Taylormade RBZ bonded driver. Thought I loved it at the range, actually had a decent round with it, and then all hell broke loose. Tried cutting an inch off of it, which helped, but I got a new driver very shortly after. Still have it around though, and just added some weight tape to the bottom to see if that helps with anything.

For me it was the Callaway Razar Hawk Driver, to this day it was the longest driver I ever gamed (when I hit it on the money), however I couldn't control it...

Dax

I have about 15 drivers in the garage that didn't make it more than 2 rounds.

Daddy Long Legs putter. Found it to be too soft for my stroke and went back to the Drone before getting a SeeMore.

I bought a SLDR 460, received it. Went to the course a few days later, hit maybe 3 tee shots. Put it back on ebay that night and sold it I think the next day with buy it now. All this in the span of 1 week. Cant get the R1 out of the bag

G20 hybrid.

For me the shortest "honeymoon" club has been the covert 2.0 3 hybrid. It lasted all of about 1-1/2 weeks with 4 rounds and I said screw it as I hit my bio cell VERY consistently. So I switched back.

My buddy bought a set of those D cell a few years back on clearance and was spraying them all over the place. Something was off he said but it was a combination of the bounce, design and just a flawed club. He said they felt awful. I've read some really bad reviews of those amp d cell irons.
From what I heard, the D-version was a cheaper version of the normal AMP's. The seemed to have a really crappy shaft and grip as well.

Cobra Bio Cell driver. Just didn't feel the love. Traded it in for a Big Bertha V Series Driver.

Any hybrid I tried, I just can't get past the look.

Back