Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to my D200 Hybrid being so long off the tee my gaps at the top of the bag are all screwed up.

Pondering a new 3 or 4 wood to help re-align everything. The 816 Alpha 16* is the front runner but it sure ain't cheap right now, I know I like the 915F already, and the R15 performs and can be had for a song. Hopefully I can get out and have a little shoot out soon.
Having reviewed the 915F and now gaming the 816, both are damn good fairways (I still believe the fairway is by far the best of the 915 clubs released) but the 816 particularly the 16* model, is borderline silly. Finley said it in Cali, its the best fairway they have ever made, and what I've experienced backs it up. MOI machine. Pricey, but worth it imo. If mine was taken away I'd go buy one out of pocket in a second.

Apex Hydrid to replace my 5i.

Due to my D200 Hybrid being so long off the tee my gaps at the top of the bag are all screwed up.

Pondering a new 3 or 4 wood to help re-align everything. The 816 Alpha 16* is the front runner but it sure ain't cheap right now, I know I like the 915F already, and the R15 performs and can be had for a song. Hopefully I can get out and have a little shoot out soon.
I'm still extremely happy with my XR pro 4 wood and I know u can find them fairly cheap used... If you're looking for something like that.

Approved....ish...

Did you not try the 5hy in your fitting? So awesome.

We didn't. The irons were the first thing we did and was the easiest quickest. We decided 6-AW and fill out the top. Based on my 6i numbers and the D9 the transition had a gap but nothing crazy. We spent a lot of time on my driver because initially the GBB numbers were really odd and not at all what I had been seeming leading up to the event. After tinkering with some shafts and finally realized the DBD was my best fit we ran out of time. We started counting up the clubs and I was one short bc the HW wasn't in the bag. So in the interest of time we just threw the 5i in and called it a day.

We didn't. The irons were the first thing we did and was the easiest quickest. We decided 6-AW and fill out the top. Based on my 6i numbers and the D9 the transition had a gap but nothing crazy. We spent a lot of time on my driver because initially the GBB numbers were really odd and not at all what I had been seeming leading up to the event. After tinkering with some shafts and finally realized the DBD was my best fit we ran out of time. We started counting up the clubs and I was one short bc the HW wasn't in the bag. So in the interest of time we just threw the 5i in and called it a day.
Ponder approved then. GET IT DONE! Hahahahaha

Putter grips again, the iomic mids I got aren't the same as the ones I used to game.

Putter grips again, the iomic mids I got aren't the same as the ones I used to game.
You like the standard size ones still right?

I really love the Lamkin paddle but I may try and find a smaller size just to see what kind of results I will see. I definitely have enough putters at home to do some testing with.

I really love the Lamkin paddle but I may try and find a smaller size just to see what kind of results I will see. I definitely have enough putters at home to do some testing with.
Well, the mid used to have a really hard/squared edge to it and now it's much more rounded. Size is still there, but the shape had changed, wondering if I missed a change in their lines.

You need to try the iLine putter grip, fits the bill of what you're saying and our Canadan loves it.

You need to try the iLine putter grip, fits the bill of what you're saying and our Canadan loves it.
That's what I was thinking. I've tried his before and it feels good in hand. might have to grab a few.

I think the mids are now a bit larger than they used to be, and the regulars are now "American" regular. I put an Iomic on my Morgan Cup putter, and the Cleveland folks had said the midsize was the larger midsize (65 grams or so).

I think the mids are now a bit larger than they used to be, and the regulars are now "American" regular. I put an Iomic on my Morgan Cup putter, and the Cleveland folks had said the midsize was the larger midsize (65 grams or so).
That helps a ton! It's been a long while since I've rolled one. But, it's time for me to move from SS for a while.

Steeeeeeeal!!!

Was better last month when it was free shipping also...but still a fantastic deal.

Ping iron homer in me is trying to push some buttons, today.
Uh oh. Just walked into the Superstore, and the new W/S F5 irons are in.

Uh oh. Just walked into the Superstore, and the new W/S F5 irons are in.

I read that and imagine you doing this....

4cc2288e-8fa5-4d14-b5ec-d0278b4e64dd.gif

Scotty Newport 2.5 but why must you have a line. Can't you be naked or have a dot.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Scotty Newport 2.5 but why must you have a line. Can't you be naked or have a dot.

If you get them from the gallery, you have a better shot at that... heh.. #JustLookingOutForYou #NotYourBankAccount #StillNotFebruary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back