Mickelson/Johnson Handshake

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I assume many have seen this from the President's Cup.

phil-mickelson-and-zach-johnson-handshake-during-presidents-cup.gif

What do you think? Awesome? Ultra awkward?

Every time I see it I can't help but cringe.

Put me down for awkward.

Just flat out odd and weird

I think it's hilarious because it's Phil. If it was anyone else besides him, it would have been dumb.

Just awkward enough to work

Why awkward or weird? I find it just funny.

Looked awkward everytime.

What's the joke supposed to be it looks stupid .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrible.

I suppose the funny would be located in the formal, and slightly awkward looking, but presidentialesque / men in uniform handshake.

I think it's awesome. They kept things light and had fun with their matches. Leave it to Phil to make himself look goofy intentionally and love every second of it.

I thought I read somewhere that the solheim USA girls were doing something like this? regardless, it's cool a time or two, but it got old fast. like tiger and kuch's a few years ago.

Copycats, Julie Inkster had the US women doing that in the Solhiem

It's awesome, nice to see those two share some comradery.

Looks like it was a planned thing and they were going for that weird awkward moment thing. I find it pretty funny and just another way to keep things light on the course

The best part about that whole gif is the caddie looking at them and you can pretty much see him saying "Douchebags" in his head haha .

They both went 3-0-1, so it works for me and them regardless how awkward it looks.

I think they were trying to be funny. I liked it

The Presidents Cup and Ryder Cup are taken way too seriously, IMO.

When I first saw it I thought it was awkward. But after Zach explained why, I started to like it. It was their thing and they owned. Actual very classic, imo.

It looks forced and awkward.

I think it's awesome. They kept things light and had fun with their matches. Leave it to Phil to make himself look goofy intentionally and love every second of it.

Actually, I think it was Zach's idea. The first time they went to congratulate each other Phil went for the fist bump and Zach extended his hand.

It's weird but entertaining

Back