Grade Your Last Round

SkiBumGolfer

Tremendous slouch
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just as it sounds. Apply a letter grade to the following sections of your game for the last round you played, and maybe a short description.

Tee game
Approach game (include par 3 tee shots here)
Short game
Putting
Overall

I'll start! For my last round:

Tee game: B+ My driver was on the money except for two quick hooks that didn't really hurt me. Hybrid shots off the tee were fantastic. One 3w off the tee was no good though.
Approach game: C- I kept it in play and didn't really hurt myself, but I only hit 4 greens so I wasn't exactly helping myself either.
Short game: B Mostly solid. Chipping was mostly strong, and sand play atypically was strong as well, but pitches were not so good. I left myself in the rough a couple times on these.
Putting: B I only had 32 putts, but it was mostly on the merit of my chipping. I couldn't get anything to the hole, and I didn't make anything over 5 or 6 ft.
Overall: B Scrapped it to a decent round, but I missed a lot of opportunities to make it a great one.

Tee game: B+ I have adopted a very conservative strategy off the tee of late and am hitting a lot of fairways.
Approach game (include par 3 tee shots here): D Hot Garbage... Ball striking with the irons was terrible. I am pretty sure I hit every shot off the toe.
Short game: B- just good enough to keep things from getting really ugly
Putting: B- didn't make much but didn't 3 putt often either.
Overall: C+ Shot an 86 which I was happy with for the quality of day I had.

Tee game - B- Hit some fairways, didn't really put myself in trouble, had a pretty reliable one way ball flight going.
Approach game (include par 3 tee shots here) - C. Kind of like the tee game, just not as good.
Short game - D. Not even close to good enough.
Putting - F. WTF happened to my flat stick game? I used to be a low 30's putter but the last 3 rounds have pushed 40.
Overall - D+. Everything is just a tick or two off.

Tee game: A Probably as solid as I've ever been off the tee in one round. I gave myself a chance for a great round.
Approach game: B- This would have been a little higher, but for a terrible shot on #17 (a par 3) that really cost me. Nothing was spectacular, but I didn't hurt myself a ton either.
Short game: B I hit a lot of greens, so I didn't have to chip much, but I did have one bad one. My pitching was pretty good.
Putting: D- A couple good putts is all that's keeping this from an F. I hit every green on the front and 3-putted for bogey 4 times. I also missed a 4-foot birdie putt on #16.
Overall: B- I managed to shoot 78, when I should have been under par. But a lot of days, I'd be fine with a 78.

fun thread!

i played a relatively easy course, and it was even easier because i played with 3 older guys who all wanted to play from 5,744 yards. slope 123, rating 68.7, par 72, i shot 40/38. my 6-over esc'd to 8.5 haha

Tee game: B-. i had 3 penalties on the front, all from tee shots. 2 of them were hooked into trouble (one into a red stake hazard, one unplayable). the other was bombed on what i thought was a perfect line, but it was blind and there was water through the fairway. i found my driver swing on the back and it exceptionally well except for one hole.

Approach game (include par 3 tee shots here): B+. i only had 2 loose swings on approach shots that i can remember. but playing from so short a distance kind of confounds this.

Short game: B-. the greens i missed, i just didn't get up and down often enough. i was in a greenside bunker on a par 5 in 2, and made bogey. just stupid. also misjudged the spin on several chips, coming up short and not making the longer putt.

Putting: A-. although i didn't make enough putts of consequence, including a missed 4' eagle putt, i didn't have any 3 putts and i did have some longer putts. i hit my line many times, and the putts i missed were misreads or grain influenced. i can't think of another round in recent memory where i was so frustrated that good putts didn't go in. usually i'm frustrated that i missed my line.

Overall: A-. any time i break 80, i did plenty of things well. i hit a rough spot closing out the front 9 where i made 4 bogeys in a row, and they were all stupid bogeys. but to come back with a 38 on the back was solid, and it was a really windy day.

Tee game D- A couple good drives, but a very uncharacteristic day off the tee especially with driver.
Approach game (include par 3 tee shots here)B+ Hit alot of greens with approach shots well, but too many extra strokes off the tee.
Short game B- Decent chips, pitches and bunker shots to get me into reasonable spots to save pars, fairly happy with the results
Putting - D A few good putts, but overall was a very poor putting day. Lots of bad speed judgement and mis-reads, stroke did not feel confident and neither did the reads.
Overall - ​D

Tee game : B....as I only missed 2 fairways, but I didn't feel like I was striking the ball very solidly.
Approach game (include par 3 tee shots here) : C....I missed at least 4 greens from distances that should have been on the green.
Short game : C....only reason it was lower is because I did get up and down 3 times and had 1 birdie
Putting : B....I didn't have any 2 putts, but I only made one birdie putt
Overall : B-.....I shot 4 over (on 9 holes), but it could have been worse.

Tee game: C. Hit some good drives but only used two of six (played a scramble), One of those was because the other two were way worse.
Approach game (include par 3 tee shots here): C. Only because I am hitting a little longer and was going past the green .
Short game: B. Hit some good chips to help save having to utilize bogey is your friend.
Putting: B. Still getting used to the new putter. Once again, nothing fell, but left everything close enough to gimme range.:
Overall: D. We shot 37 in a three man scramble. It was awful.

Tee game: B. Didn't warm up
Approach game: C , mainly because of the Par 3s.
Short game: B (Usually the best part of my game and on the early holes when I hadn't lossened up to drive well of the tee it was saving me)
Putting: C. Helen Keller could putt better than me.
Overall: C+ 7 pars 5 bogies but had a stretch from 9-13 with one triple and the rest doubles. Came back from that with Par, Par, Bogey, Par, Double.

Tee game: B - My driver was an inadvertent power draw (ok... hook) but managed to play to that shape and stay out of trouble.
Approach game: A- Hit 13 GIRs which is good for me, especially considering my inconsistent tee shots.
Short game: B - Happy to have gotten up and down 50% of the time I was off the green. Thankfully was never in sand or that stat would be different.
Putting: F- How in the world do I shoot an 84 with 40 putts!! :angry: Thanks to this thread, I now know where I need work.
Overall: B+ Despite the putting, very happy with ball striking, and really, as long as I'm golfing and not working how can the overall ever be sup-par!:banana::banana:

Tee game: B - My driver was an inadvertent power draw (ok... hook) but managed to play to that shape and stay out of trouble.
Approach game: A- Hit 13 GIRs which is good for me, especially considering my inconsistent tee shots.
Short game: B - Happy to have gotten up and down 50% of the time I was off the green. Thankfully was never in sand or that stat would be different.
Putting: F- How in the world do I shoot an 84 with 40 putts!! :angry: Thanks to this thread, I now know where I need work.
Overall: B+ Despite the putting, very happy with ball striking, and really, as long as I'm golfing and not working how can the overall ever be sup-par!:banana::banana:

If you figure that out let me know, cause it means I should be doing a lot better than 90 with 32 putts!! :doh:

And the second half of the bolded is exactly why I started this! Figured it might help people kinda dissect their games a little better :thumb:

Shot an 89 with a birdie on #1

Tee game B- (Hit 5/14 fairways but had 3/4 that were just off in good position)

Approach game C- (Hit 2/4 Par 3's but averaged about 25 feet from the hole. Only 4 GIR's)
Short game A+ (3 up and downs from bunkers)
Putting A (34 putts but had 3 putts on my last two holes. One was down hill about 30 feet that I flew past and the other was uphill about 50 feet I left short)
Overall B+ (One of my better rounds, stayed away from OB & Water. Walked course in 3 hrs 30 mins)

Tee game: A. I hit 12 fairways and the misses weren't punishing.
Approach game: B No great birdie looks but 12 GIR nonetheless.
Short game: B. Made some nice sand saves but too many mistakes.
Putting: C. Grinding over 3-5 footers all day.

Overall: A-. Could have been worse, could have been better. I'm happy with the 77 I shot.

Back