What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I get one that bad but need to hit it for some reason I like to swing at it with the toe of my putter. Usually pops out and rolls to the bottom but every once in a while it gets on the green which makes it slightly better than an unplayable assuming I don't make it worse.

I played 4 rounds over the weekend and shot 72, 70, 72, 71. My irons are better than they've been in 6 months. Playing in the rain for a couple days forced me to have better tempo and balance, clearly something I should try to remember.

Ewa beach villages (muni) in Honolulu. Shot an 85, par 72. Had a good run from 3-10, 7 pars and a bogey. Lost 2 balls as a slice has crept into my game. Time I figured it that out. The damage was done with those 2 lost balls/OB. Two 300+ Playing in 25+ winds. Playing again tommarow, just don't know where.

49/42 91 GHIN to 90. No birdies, missed FW with 3w and hybrid. 8/14 FIR. 36 putts. Four triples, including a par 3. Unplayable lie in a bunker.
34bf9e83f49bef0fa2afd5e7f54b2600.jpg

Still, better than working!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's when the beer comes out lol!!

42/39-81 today at Twin Creeks in Allen, TX. Hit 11 fairways and had 34 putts. A pretty good round!

Terrible, terrible , horrible, back nine! 40 on front, 48 on back for a 88. Couldn't stay down on the ball on the back nine and started topping it. Golf - the game I love to hate!!

Terrible, terrible , horrible, back nine! 40 on front, 48 on back for a 88. Couldn't stay down on the ball on the back nine and started topping it. Golf - the game I love to hate!!

but you are playing buddy so that's all that matters.

Played a fairly straight forward par 3 course today and shot 28, 7/9 greens, and 16 putts. I won't go into detail but this would've, should've, and could've been a 25 or 26. I've been playing well lately and will finally be able to get an official handicap in the next couple weeks after joining a local club.

Best round of the year so far with a 75. Pretty short and tight course with small greens. Bad part is it could have been so much better!

83 for me today. Very mediocre. Game is still very rusty from the winter but looks like we are finally getting some good weather. Expecting some improvement quickly. Back out again on Friday.

83 for me today. Very mediocre. Game is still very rusty from the winter but looks like we are finally getting some good weather. Expecting some improvement quickly. Back out again on Friday.
Still early, plenty of time before Ill need you to shoot two PB rounds lol jk. Glad to see you have been able to get out a bunch already.

Still early, plenty of time before Ill need you to shoot two PB rounds lol jk. Glad to see you have been able to get out a bunch already.

Ha, thanks Captain. Don't worry, I'll be ready. Just raising my handicap a bit in the meantime. Will start shooting some scores come May (I hope).

Shot a 79 today with a triple. Even par on the front, birdie on 10, and then I went to hell.

Played the front nine twice on aerated greens. Shot 38/44-82 on what is normally the tougher nine for me.

Even better, I eagled #4 and birdied #5. First time I have ever been under par two holes in a row!

EDIT: Shot 38 on the first nine, for an 82 total, not a 37/81.

Last edited:
Quick 9 after:

39 with a birdie, 2 bogeys, and a double.

5/7 FIR
3 GIR

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Shot 55 last night in league play. Horrible, Horrible day off the tee basically was the demise. Back to work on the range, I had been spending a lot of time on the chipping green the past week, and at least that paid off. But may have neglected the full swing.

Shot 55 last night in league play. Horrible, Horrible day off the tee basically was the demise. Back to work on the range, I had been spending a lot of time on the chipping green the past week, and at least that paid off. But may have neglected the full swing.

Interesting. From seeing you in person and reading some of your recent posts, you have been smoking the ball off the tee. Maybe it was just a bad day? You'll find it, the answer is in the dirt. Good on the short game work too.

43/44 87. Two doubles and two triples. One birdie. 37 putts includes a three- and a four-putt. One penalty stroke, no lost balls.

43/44 87. Two doubles and two triples. One birdie. 37 putts includes a three- and a four-putt. One penalty stroke, no lost balls.

Considering 37 putts, you must have striking the ball pretty well, partner. Work on that short game.

I had no bogies today. Got rained out. LOL

A 86 today at the Hawaii prince course. B/A courses. They gave us downwind nine and the crosswind nine. Back nine was brutal. 25mph cross winds and every hotel it seemed. Just brutal. Was cruising along at +6 thru 12 then I channeled my inner Jordan and dropped two in the water on a par 3 and took an snowman when it was done. From +6 to +11 in 15 mins. Oh well hit the ball good just couldn't buy a 15 ft putt today.

39 on 9. Bad double on the first and then played the rest 1 over. Went left hand low for the first time on course after the first hole and had 5 one putts for 2 birdies and saved 3 pars. Needless to say I will keep doing that.

41 for 9 in our league on the par 37 front 9. First time ever playing at this course so I'll gladly take that. Greens were tricky and quite quick considering the weather we've had. Almost jarred an approach on the fly and made some good pars.

41 for 9 in our league on the par 37 front 9. First time ever playing at this course so I'll gladly take that. Greens were tricky and quite quick considering the weather we've had. Almost jarred an approach on the fly and made some good pars.

What did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back