The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He always at least seems like he's had a few.

Speaking of someone who will have a few tonight....

Trent Dilfer on the Patriots after losing to the Chiefs early this season:

I would have to say the Patriots are the favorites at this point. They are playing well on both sides of the ball. Seatlle's offense still likes to puke all over themselves. Let's hope though they play like they did in last years Super Bowl.

I'm going to have to buy a few extra squares in our course pick em pool just so that I have a reason to watch the SB. As a Dolphin fan I hate the Patriots. Since the 49ers are my local team I'm also a fan of them so I can't stand the Seahawks either, not to mention Sherman's mouth drives me nuts.

Definitely not looking forward to this SB. I'll take NE just because Brady went to the Univ of Mich.

As a fan of the team, I'm not going to defend them on that if it was done intentionally.

But, it seems that the evidence here so far is that they took a ball out and weighed it. With the rain and the temperature change here it wouldn't surprise me if some balls had to be ruled out.

So a reporter from Indy makes some vague allegations about things he heard but no one else has said anything?

Yeah, I know I'm a Pats homer, but c'mon.

So a reporter from Indy makes some vague allegations about things he heard but no one else has said anything?

Yeah, I know I'm a Pats homer, but c'mon.

The NFL actually confirmed that they are investigating.

Patriots Cheat Again?!?

Patriots Cheat Again?!?

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/19/nfl-investigate-patriots-deflating-footballs-afc-championship-game

It's not 100% confirmed yet but I would love to hear some thoughts on this one. I know those who love the Patriots love them but I'm pretty sure they are becoming the most hated football team of our time! If true what do you think should happen? Besides the fines do you think Belichick should be banned from the sport? This is multiple times being caught at cheating. Love to hear everyone's thoughts

Being talked about in the NFL thread.

I surely wish it meant the Colts would have played better.

If true I cant wait to see who Bill tosses under the bus this time

Yeah it is being reported by multiple outlets and confirmed by an NFL spokesman that an investigation is being done. Regardless, it would not have changed the outcome of the game. Pats my not have scored 45, they might only have scored 35. The Colts still only scored 7. The Colts just weren't ready for that game, they knew they needed to stop the run and they couldn't stop the run.

But as far as the Pats go, I don't see how a fan can have respect for their coach like that after the Spygate situation, and while the investigation is still ongoing it will not surprise me if this turns out to be true. Serious question to Pats fans...as a fan how can you support a coach that has been caught cheating, and if I remember correctly I think NE has been accused of deflating balls before by opposing teams but as far as I know an investigation has never been done. This could end up being a big story leading up to the Super Bowl.

If true I cant wait to see who Bill tosses under the bus this time

They talk about fines and draft picks, you think they give a s**t about that? They are going to the Super Bowl which will make them a lot more money than finned

How did they keep the deflated balls out of Andrew Luck's hands?

How do they keep the deflated balls out of Andrew Luck's (12 of 33 passing) hands? Do they say "these are ours, and these are the Colts"?

Each team has a set of balls they use during the game, and they are always on their own sideline.

Obviously if you're not cheating, you're not trying.

Can this game end in a 0-0 tie? Hate to see either the truther or the cheater coach his team to victory.

How do they keep the deflated balls out of Andrew Luck's (12 of 33 passing) hands? DO they say "these are ours, and these are the Colts"?

I think each team has their own balls they use on offense. Luck would not have been using the same balls the Pats did on offense.

I'm not sure how the rotation of the balls work. I don't know if each team has their own footballs they rotate through or how it works. Maybe he did have them in his hand

This has nothing to do with the game. The Pats could have been using large stones and probably pulled it out 42-7. Still, if true, i'm seriously mind boggled at Bill's need to skirt the rules in every facet of the game. It's like he has some compulsion he just cannot avoid, even if it's really got no bearing on the game. He's like a rich guy who can't help himself shoplifting at Walmart. He's the Winona Ryder of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back