Contest #3 - Will You Create Your Legacy?

I am a huge fan of Lamkin grips and the UTx (in Badger Red) would be the grip of choice while created my THP legacy. The multi-layer materials provide all weather performance, great for the hot summer days and possible wet conditions.

thumb-utx-red.png

R.E.L. Ace for me! I used the grip finder part of Lamkin's website. I think it picked R.E.L. Ace because I wanted something that was very tacky (to deal with Florida weather and humidity) but still soft (so my hands don't get chewed up). I've actually been eyeing these grips at my local store so they'll be going on my clubs as soon as my current grips wear out.

As for color, I think they all look great, so I'll probably go with a mix of red and blue (my two favorite colors).

Midsize UTX for me. THP green (fingers crossed) heh.

Unofficial, supporting entry:

For my irons, it would be the Lamkin UTx grips in green (hopefully soon) on my irons. Superior all weather performance and grip with great feel and comfort. There's a reason why they are already on my clubs now, they're the best grips I've ever used. Best of luck to everyone in the contest to create their THP Legacy.

Thanks Lamkin and THP

My grip choice is the UTx Wrap in black, I think with Houston hot and humid weather they will perform year round. I currently play UTx on all my clubs so I can only imagine what the new line will do. Would be like buying new clubs without actually buying new clubs.

Since people are mentioning the green, of course I'd love the green grips. Could match those with orange to get Canes colors!

Bonus Entry

I would choose the Lamkin Wrap-Tech grips in black with red accent. These grips not only look great, but have the comfort and traction I need with all-weather qualities necessary in Florida. When I can grip the club lightly and trust the traction, I play better, period.

* Entry *

UTx Blue, midsize +2 wraps would be perfect for me. I love the look and feel of these grips. Great combination of proper softness, tackiness, and control.

* Bonus entry *

Bonus entry:

Thank you Lamkin and THP!

In creating my Legacy on #TeamDev, I would use the R.E.L. Ace grips in a midsize, electric blue color. This will give superior control in all weather along with a softer feel.

With the Lampkin UTX mid size in black I will be set to compete in #THPLeagacy helping to bring home the thropy for #TeamDev .

I've been playing the Lamkin i-Lines in Lime Green this season and love the way they feel.

But the Lamkin grip selector had some advice that claimed these were probably not the best grips for my game. For the humid weather I play in during the summer, there were better options (and multiply that by 2 for Myrtle Beach in July). For higher swing speed players, they recommended a firmer grip too for torsion control. They also said the softer grips like the i-Lines can cause golfers to grip too hard, and this is an issue I certainly fight. How quickly my grips are wearing out might indicate I am indeed gripping them too tightly.

I was at Golf Galaxy on Saturday and spent some time "gripping" all of the Lamkin options including the recommended grips from the selector tool.

So, taking all these factors in to consideration, I'm choosing to go with what Lamkin recommends and play the UTX grips, standard size in Blue for #THPLegacy. Unless the Bridgestone bag has red in it, then maybe red. But definitely the UTX grip.

My ideal grip would be the UTx grip, midsize, in black. The grip is the only part of the club that you touch during the swing, so having the right one is paramount. The UTx grip would allow me to grip in all weather conditions with confidence.

Bonus Entry:

Crossline ACE by Lamkin is the grip for me. I like my grips a bit tacky, and comfortable, The ACE fits the bill perfectly for the THP Legacy!

My wife and I were talking about THP events this weekend, she has been encouraging me to get back in to it because I didn't play as much last year and my schedule didn't work out for a couple events because all my vacation time was used up. I told her about #THPLegacy, and she started talking about our experiences at The Morgan Cup and Myrtle Beach, and then she said "so you better get in to this, I want to go back!"

My choice would be UTx midsize in blue. Due to my sweaty hands, I need that moisture wicking ability. I also need that tackiness so that I don't feel the need to grip it hard.

Bonus!!
Take two: Twitter noob do over.

I will choose to use Lamkin Wrap-Tech midsize black with white trim to use on my clubs in #THPLegacy.

Bonus Ball:

Thank you THP and Lamkin Grips!
My grip of choice is UTx midsize, blue! Which I have on some of my wedges as we speak! I like my grips firm and need them for the dry heat of AZ in the summer, fall, winter and spring!!

Back