The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if Pete Carroll and J Schneider want to let Quinn walk soo easily.
I don't think they can't do anything about it if he wants to be a head coach

Can't do much with a QB who runs the ball better than he throws it.

Relax... I was kidding!
My man Sanzabar with a gut shot. Ouch lol. He is more than just a game manager but he does manage a game beautifully if I must say so myself. Aaron Rodgers is just a freak with a six gun for an arm. He got game.

Money talks.
I doubt they offer him more than what he would get as a head coach. who knows he might want to be a head coach more than wants money.

So Rex wasn't satisfied with Bills D being 4th in the league so bye bye Schwartz and he is probably going to move us to the 3-4 that he wants to play on D. He is guaranteeing we make the playoffs and said he will evaluate EJ who "has the tools to be an great QB" just like he said about Geno but he's also open to bringing in Sanchez........It's no easy being a Bills fan right now.

Niners promoted DL coach to HC...who the heck is he???

I predict 4-12 next year

Niners promoted DL coach to HC...who the heck is he???

I predict 4-12 next year

Tomsula? Oh wow that's surprising. I guess they wanted to keep it in the family. Did not see that coming at all

Tomsula? Oh wow that's surprising. I guess they wanted to keep it in the family. Did not see that coming at all

Baalke needs a whipping boy. My bet is that he was the easiest pick

Tomsula is undefeated as a head coach.

1-0

Baalke needs a whipping boy. My bet is that he was the easiest pick

Him and York just wanted someone who can hold the clip board and wear the headphones but won't go against how they want things done.

Wonder when the last man to be a position coach was promoted to first time head coach? You see it all the time with ex head coaches but I can't remember someone going from position to first time head coach.

The Titans promoted Mike Munchak from Oline coach to head coach after we fired Jeff Fisher. Didn't work out to we'll as he is now the Steelers OLine coach

Good call. It still seems like a strange hiring to me. At least Vernon Davis said he's backing him and will show up for OTAs, that's better than he's done in the past.

Yeah I don't really think it's a good hire.

The Bucs did the same thing with Raheem Morris, didn't work out so well.

49ers fired a guy who won almost 50 games as a head coach in the NFL and hired a guy that is 6-4 in Europe.

Tomsula won't rock the boat but I think they did it to save money. They seem to think Jed is John Schneider lmao.

49ers fired a guy who won almost 50 games as a head coach in the NFL and hired a guy that is 6-4 in Europe.

Winning obviously doesn't fix everything...especially stupidity from ownership

I don't see the Niners winning 50 games in the next 7 years. Harbaugh did it in 4...

Tomsula won't rock the boat but I think they did it to save money. They seem to think Jed is John Schneider lmao.

A couple million? I highly doubt that. They have money to spend but had to have a guy who won't say, do or act in any way that Baalke doesn't like. York and Baalke are single handedly ruining the Niners right now.

Hard to have hope when they just rehired Singletary in a different body...

I'm not sure if Pete Carroll and J Schneider want to let Quinn walk soo easily.

Carroll has stated many times that he encourages his coaches to look for opportunities and promotions.

The hiring I'm confused by is Bowles to the Jets. Don't get me wrong, I think Bowles is an amazing defensive coach and any team will be lucky to have him. That being said, the Jets are going from a defensive guru known for exotic schemes and blitz packages to...a defensive guru known for exotic schemes and blitz packages.

The hiring I'm confused by is Bowles to the Jets. Don't get me wrong, I think Bowles is an amazing defensive coach and any team will be lucky to have him. That being said, the Jets are going from a defensive guru known for exotic schemes and blitz packages to...a defensive guru known for exotic schemes and blitz packages.

Well because it wasn't Rex's mindset that was the problem, it was their QB. But whether you're responsible or not, you're captain of the ship and you're going down with it, especially in NY. Bowles will be equally unsuccessful if Geno Smith is his QB. Frankly, the GM hiring is much more significant in NY in my opinion. they need to get away from the circus and make some good moves in free agency and the draft. Unfortunately, I'm perplexed on the GM choice as well, since the only team that has been less successful in the draft producing quality starters is the Texans (JJ Watt not withstanding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back