The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Now ???

But seriously you are right, and I know first hand Mike Dean and Dhartman can back you up from stories they shared with me regarding experiences with brands that my company owns.

Sometimes I just don't get how some people chose this for a living and hate doing it. Because it will come across in your job.

It just seems like returning emails is the hardest thing to do. And then when they do they don't answer the question.

It just seems like returning emails is the hardest thing to do. And then when they do they don't answer the question.
Omg the last 2 weeks has been awful. It's usually the courses taking forever but they have actually been the fastest between them hotels and restaurants

Omg the last 2 weeks has been awful. It's usually the courses taking forever but they have actually been the fastest between them hotels and restaurants

Hey buddy if you ever want to help speed up the process, just let me know the courses and I'll start emailing them too ;)

Hey buddy if you ever want to help speed up the process, just let me know the courses and I'll start emailing them too ;)
Wow what a nice guy #alienthingy

Wow what a nice guy #alienthingy

Hahahaha #alienthingy I've always wondered what way to put that when posting from my phone/iPad. Perfect

I understand. I would shop my competitors frequently using my home address and email just to see what kind of info I'd get.

I honestly would be lucky to get a 50% response rate. I told my Sales Director she'd be fired if I found out she was reps comb like that.

We had her shopped by an outside company and I was thrilled she responded with 100% and within 24 hours. She got a nice gift card that week in appreciation. Some say just for doing her job. But as you found out, not everyone sees it that way.

I know you're not dealing with my chain. But if there is anyway I can help let me know.

Hope you both know how much us members at THP appreciate all the hard work you two do to make these events what they are. Without your constant dedication THP would not be what it is, so thank you

Hope you both know how much us members at THP appreciate all the hard work you two do to make these events what they are. Without your constant dedication THP would not be what it is, so thank you

That is very sweet, but Mike deserves all the credit here. I just nag him all day with questions.

So my cable box crapped out Sunday , and when I called they said they would overnight it to me. When it still hadn't arrived today, I checked the tracking number to see that it had supposedly been delivered yesterday at 412, my wife was home by 5, so it is highly unlikely anyone grabbed it off my porch.

Called Verizon they won't send another one until they hear from ups, and if course they aren't open at this time.

Dealing with a vendor who prefers to get back to me 3 days later than I actually need an answer. If I email you, and specifically request an email back so I can forward the information within to my bosses (just to get some specification questions answered), DONT PHONE ME BACK TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS.

I hate this guy, I hate his company, and I am hoping a product change they are making allows us to never deal with him again.

Dealing with a vendor who prefers to get back to me 3 days later than I actually need an answer. If I email you, and specifically request an email back so I can forward the information within to my bosses (just to get some specification questions answered), DONT PHONE ME BACK TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS.

I hate this guy, I hate his company, and I am hoping a product change they are making allows us to never deal with him again.

Is he the only person in sales that works there?
Could you ask for someone else to work with?
Is he inside or outside sales?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sick of arguing with doctors.
At least I was working the majority of the day at the hospital that my buddy is in.

I haven't updated, but his condition is not improving like the docs said it should. In fact I think he's worse, still on a ventilator, coughing a ton, and vomiting.
Fevers coming and going....

Just wish there was something I could do, that anyone could do.
He list his mom and dad a few years ago, his wife and I are his only family.

We are devastated, we need answers.
Please keep him and his wife in your thoughts.
Thank you.

Just installed newfloors in my guest bathroom last week. On the second floor.
Re-installed the toilet Monday afternoon.
Tues morning, while I am at home (thank goodness), I hear the tank (not the bowl, the upper part) crack and water dripping on the new floor. I guess the guys putting in the toilet screwed the water line in too tight.
It was raining Tuesday morning in Phoenix - if not, I would have been golfing all day, back home at 6:30 to a flooded house.
Bought a new toilet, installing tomorrow.
Fun stuff.

At least I was working the majority of the day at the hospital that my buddy is in.

I haven't updated, but his condition is not improving like the docs said it should. In fact I think he's worse, still on a ventilator, coughing a ton, and vomiting.

Thank you.

Definitely will do Ricky. So sorry to hear this. He's lucky to have you as a friend.

3 days in a rental house with not enough water pressure to run the shower, serious drought in Sao Paulo. Sucks washing your friends in the kitchen sink.

I've always had the policy to return communication in the way it was received, and I train all my new reps to do the same. Someone emails in with a request? Respond the same way. Someone calls in and leaves you a message? Call them back. I'm the same way as you Brad - if I'm emailing someone with a question, it's because I want the answer in writing.

I've always had the policy to return communication in the way it was received, and I train all my new reps to do the same. Someone emails in with a request? Respond the same way. Someone calls in and leaves you a message? Call them back. I'm the same way as you Brad - if I'm emailing someone with a question, it's because I want the answer in writing.

I try to put when you're on the road as much as most sales people, it takes time to get to it for e-mail. Sometimes a phone call is easier to move something along when you're a long ways away from a computer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 days in a rental house with not enough water pressure to run the shower, serious drought in Sao Paulo. Sucks washing your friends in the kitchen sink.
Giving your buddies baths?

Oh the joys of summer in Brazil. I prefer early spring there

Thank you.

Thinking about you guys. Hope you get the answers you deserve and things get better. That is sad to hear. Hang in there buddy.

I understand. I would shop my competitors frequently using my home address and email just to see what kind of info I'd get.

I honestly would be lucky to get a 50% response rate. I told my Sales Director she'd be fired if I found out she was reps comb like that.

We had her shopped by an outside company and I was thrilled she responded with 100% and within 24 hours. She got a nice gift card that week in appreciation. Some say just for doing her job. But as you found out, not everyone sees it that way.

I recently had to shop hotels for some meeting space. Sent our RFP's to 10 hotels and only got responses from 4 back at all,and one of those was booked. If I ever need event space again the guy at the hotel that responded even though he is booked is going to get my first call.

Its crazy how many people in the Hospitality industry have poor customer service skills. And so many of theses, so called sales people, are commissioned.

I recently had to shop hotels for some meeting space. Sent our RFP's to 10 hotels and only got responses from 4 back at all,and one of those was booked. If I ever need event space again the guy at the hotel that responded even though he is booked is going to get my first call.

Its crazy how many people in the Hospitality industry have poor customer service skills. And so many of theses, so called sales people, are commissioned.

I'm sorry to say it is sad indeed.

However, actually most, not all but most hotel sales people are salaried and have bonus. There are very few that operate on commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back